Sequels West Coast, Young, New, Dark, Secret, Defenders, Invaders, Thunderbolts

pr0xyt0xin

Shaper Savant
Reaction score
If they were to ever do another Marvel Cinematic Universe team-up, which would it be and how would they differentiate it from The Avengers?

Could they do:

West Coast Avengers?
Young Avengers?
New Avengers?
Dark Avengers?
Defenders?
Invaders?
Thunderbolts?

Would there be a reason to do one? How would you do it?

Honestly, they should just stick with The Avengers. I don't think they need to branch out by making separate teams especially for movies.

Young Avengers makes sense as a cartoon.

I don't really want to see the Defenders or the West Coast Avengers. I was actually considering this question about lunchtime today.

I guess the thing is, if there's only ever one Avengers film at a time, what happens when the cast gets too big but they're still pretty profitable? You can't keep adding people and after a while you may not want to think of reasons why they have to keep leaving.

I suppose if they had a red and gold team style and made two Avengers films I would be very impressed but I wouldn't know how to divide the cast.

Yeah, I don't think there's any incentive to branch the Avengers off into Westies, Great Lakes, Young, Mighty, New, etc. Avengers is Avengers. And it'd be hard to explain The Defenders as anything more than Avengers 2.0.

I think making a villain/anti-hero team could work, but on a much smaller scale and budget, and lowered expectations on the box office. Dark Avengers or Thunderbolts would be a refreshing twist in that sense, but reformed villains and anti-heroes would play to a smaller niche audience than the masses who turn out for Avengers proper.

In time they may introduce all of those teams - but each team will be called "The Avengers".

I think they should focus on the Avengers for now, but it wouldn't hurt
to make a Young Avengers spin off. Studios love to make shows
targeted for kids. Thats why DC gave Batman Robin, thats why they
made the Teen Titans cartoon and the Young Justice cartoon. I think
a Young Avengers targeted to teens (and younger) along with the
adults would work.

Plus it would help the franchise to keep going.
I think that with the Avengers they should stagger and rotate the roster
(something I have mentioned time and time again).
So that in Avengers we had Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk,
Hawkeye, Black Widow,
and in
Avengers 2 we could have Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk,
Hawkeye, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Falcon, and maybe
Winter Soldier.

With Scarlet Witch that opens the door to her children Wiccan and
Speed. In Edgar Wrights Ant Man we could get Scott Lang (and that
opens the door for bringing in Cassie/Stature).
If they made a Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel movie that included Mar-Vell
they could include the concept of him having a child with the Kree Princess
(opening up the door to include Teddy/Hulkling in the Marvel movie universe).

They could also introduce Hawkeye (the young teen girl) and Patriot
(maybe in a Captain America sequel). They could even be cameos in
other films too.

Have them all introduced in other films, but bring them together in their own
film against Kang the Conquerer and include Iron Lad, and boom.
Young Avengers
, brought together similar to how the original Avengers were
brought together by first introducing them in their own films.
youngavengers_colors_sfg.jpg

But first they would need to make the Ant Man film, and include Scott Lang (as a lab tech)
then have Pym join the Avengers and create Ultron, and have Ultron (maybe in the same
Avengers film) create the Vision. Then Vision and Wanda have Wiccan and Speed, and
make the Captain Marvel film. So that will take a few years and the Young Avengers wont
be made until maybe after Avengers 6 or 7 or something. But I think the studio would be
missing an opportunity if they didn't.

But this goes with my staggering the roster idea. Eventually Evans and Hemsworth, and
Johannson, and the rest will be free of their contract to play those characters. I don't see
all of them staying after that, if any of them. So they could do several things, end the
Avengers franchise at 3, recast the Avengers who leave, or rotate and stagger the cast.
They could bring in about 2-3 Avengers so while the previous cast is still there, so that
when the previous cast leaves they will still have Avengers (from a previous film) for the
audience to stay with. It would be a mistake to bring in an entire new roster/cast because
it would be too jarring for the public. So the staggering idea (which I could explain more/better
later if you ask me to) would keep the franchise going and bring in Avnegers like the Vision,
Wonder Man, Scarlet Witch, Ant Man, Giant Man, Valkyrie, She-Hulk, etc.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, Dark Avengers would be cool.

It potentially could be cool to do a Thunderbolts team down the line, obviously on a somewhat smaller scale/budget...

You could either do them as originally intended and start introducing a few more villains over the next couple phases so that audiences are aware of them and then bring them back as a reformed team or go the whole "you want you're freedom you gotta do this one little job for us" route... It's fair to say it probably wouldn't be as huge as Avengers was but It would be equally as unique and fairly marketable to pull a team of previously introduced villains together as it was to pull a team of heroes together that were introduced in solo films..

Or do it similar to the new team as more of a black ops/rogue, "doing dirty secret jobs they don't want the public to know about" team.. I mean they've got Punisher and Elektra back I assume they got Elektra back with DD), they could do it with Blade and Ghost Rider perhaps, introduce Red Hulk somewhere down the line and add a couple others in place of Venom etc.. I know they've supposedly got a Blade film in the works but he could potentially debut in his own MCU film then be added to a team film and it would perhaps make use of someone like Ghost Rider (who is out there in the public conscience now) who they probably don't have plans for right now..

I said somewhere else that in some ways it's a shame they used the Iron Patriot for War Machine cos it would be cool to do Dark Avengers. I mean, they could still utilize the armour if they were to do it... But obviously have someone else in the Norman Osborn role and steer it towards a big Avengers vs. Dark Avengers thing.

Last edited:
I think the GA would respond well to a West Coast Avengers. Down the line after Avengers 3.

If they could get Jeremy Renner and Don Cheadle to stick around. And then have a lineup like this:

Hawkeye
War Machine
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Mockingbird

Against Taskmaster. I think that movie would be worth my time. I also think a Defenders movie with the following roster would be pretty thrilling.

Hulk
Silver Surfer
Dr. Strange
Namor

Otherwise I agree with the majority opinion. There's really no need to call a non-Xmen Marvel teamup anything other than The Avengers (and it's inevitable sequels).

I think an Avengers Academy live action tv series could work. Especially if they could get a few of the big screen heroes to occasionally make a cameo...

Yeah, I don't think there's any incentive to branch the Avengers off into Westies, Great Lakes, Young, Mighty, New, etc. Avengers is Avengers. And it'd be hard to explain The Defenders as anything more than Avengers 2.0.

I think making a villain/anti-hero team could work, but on a much smaller scale and budget, and lowered expectations on the box office. Dark Avengers or Thunderbolts would be a refreshing twist in that sense, but reformed villains and anti-heroes would play to a smaller niche audience than the masses who turn out for Avengers proper.

I really disagree. All that matters is that the trailer is done well and it's reasonably received and people will show up. If the trailers done as well as say Spider-Man 3's people will show regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"