Best and Worst (and Future) Avengers roster

roach said:
thanks...i was just trying to show that a whole team of ninjas shouldnt give the Avengers a hard time since Cap can easily handle them by himself

Mind if i use it?

go ahead...just give me a cut of the profits...lol

roach said:
I have said this before and I'll say it again. I play up the Avengers as if the world's greatest stratagist was forming the team...and to me it would seem stupid to limit themselves to just six or seven members. Everyone who is/was ever an Avenger would be on the team. When a crisis happens a strike team is sent based on the people who could best handle the situation(kind of like on Superfriends...why send in Aquaman and Apache chief is a meteor is heading towards earth?). Then if you have a situation where two crisises are happening the team isnt worn thin. Uh oh The Skrulls are at it again...Quasar and Photon/Pulsar lead a team into space. Terminus is jacking up Hawaii...send in Namor, Thor, Hercules, Hulk, She Hulk, Wonderman, Giantman and Ironman(dubbed my Heavy Hitters team). Look out here come ninjas....Dont worry Im Captain America..I fight ninjas for breakfast.
That to me is how you do Earth's Mightiest Heroes

I like that idea for the Avengers, a sort of superhero version of Mission:Impossible. But wasn't that supposed to be the idea behind the Defenders?

Best:
Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Hawkeye
Firestar
Justice
Vision
Scarlett Witch
Warbird
Wonder Man (Not offically with the team, but showed up all the time)

Worst:
Goliath II
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Vision

Post Civil War:
Iron Man
Thor
Sentry
Ms Marvel
Spider-Woman
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage

I dont really care who the avengers lineup is next so long as it's handled well. When they told me Spiderman was gonna be an Avenger i was like "AWESOME!!" but they havent been writing him right at all. They right spidey as a weakling. I mean Jigsaw broke his arm for god's sake.

I say keep spidey on the team but write him as spiderman. not some wimpy dude in spiderman pajamas.

Best:
Captain America
Thor
Vision
Sersi
Quasar
Black Widow
She-Hulk

Future:
All of the above + Iron Man, Quicksilver, and (unlikely) the Scarlet Witch. Also Moondragon for the Psychic abilities.

Worst:
New Avengers (too many low-power heroes for Earths MIGHTIEST Heroes)
and Giant-Man, Wasp, Ms. Marvel,She-Hulk, Triathlon(?), Iron Man, Scarlet Witch line-up.

I doubt Quicksilvers ever gonna be on the avengers again
Hell even if he gets his powers back I doubt ANY superhero team's gonna accept him again for a LOONG while.

Vanguard07 said:
I dont really care who the avengers lineup is next so long as it's handled well. When they told me Spiderman was gonna be an Avenger i was like "AWESOME!!" but they havent been writing him right at all. They right spidey as a weakling. I mean Jigsaw broke his arm for god's sake.

I say keep spidey on the team but write him as spiderman. not some wimpy dude in spiderman pajamas.

Well Peter's said before that he's so cheeky when he's around other superheroes is because he feels like he's back in High School, the freshman among the 'big boys'. Seems to me that Bendis latched onto that aspect and wrote Spidey from there.

Him being a little cheeky is okay but come on. Enough is enough. Lets see Spiderman out there using his powers. The way they've been writing new avengers they're making it look like Captain America is more powerful than he is. I mean why build a team around the popularity of your two biggest characters (Spidey and Wolvie) and use neither of them effectively?

I can't believe no one has mentioned possibly the GREATEST Avenger's roster ever:

Mr. Immortal
Flatman
Doorman
Big Bertha
Squirrel-Girl
Monkey-Joe

Best: The West Coast Avengers, ironically (since it doesn't contain any of the "big 3" staples)

Wasp
Hank Pym (without costumes and codenames that changed every two minutes, relying instead on his scientific genius and microscopic tech)
Vision
Scarlet Witch (this was the era when she turned evil over her lost kids the FIRST time and MOVED PAST IT, which apparently didn't matter to Bendis :o)
Original Human Torch (Marvel needs more Golden Agers as cool as the original Torch flittering about)
Wonder Man
Hawkeye (grew from the ex-crook trying to turn his life around into the hero who could lead the Thunderbolts to greatness during this time)
Tigra
US Agent (annoying, yes, but at least he had a good foil in Hawkeye here)
War Machine (I have and always will love Rhodey; hell, I even read two whole issues of Sentinel Squad ONE for him)

Worst: Yep, New Avengers for me.

Captain America
Iron Man
Spider-Woman I
Spider-Man (or Iron Man Jr., depending on his mood)
Wolverine
Sentry
Ronin
Luke Cage

Post-Civil War:

Captain America (firmly in command of his team again)
Hawkeye (Cap's trusted second-in-command)
Wonder Man
War Machine (just have him defect from ONE in the wake of the Civil War madness and give that ugly new Sentinel armor a paintjob)
Ms. Marvel (I don't even like her as a character, but she does work really well on the Avengers)
Black Knight (you knew I'd have him here, but the team really does need some means of combatting magic, and the fact that Cap trusts Dane a lot would make him ideal after being betrayed by Tony in Civil War)
Falcon
Luke Cage
Black Widow (much cooler spy Avenger than Spider-Woman, in my opinion; although the common arachnid theme between them is an odd coincidence, now that I think about it...)
Hercules (good foil for Dane and the Avengers will need a powerhouse)

I didn't put Thor or She-Hulk or the Vision on, even though they're some of my favorite Avengers, because I want the first two doing their own thing in their solo comics for the time being (assuming Thor gets another solo comic after Civil War) and the "new" Vision in Young Avengers has actually grown on me enough that I don't miss the old Vision as much anymore. I'm happy with him where he is.

Post Civil-War

I don't even read Avengers regularly. What I would like to see is a huge schism from the "Populars".

I want to see the "Avengers" title taken up by characters who aren't the Typical, obvious ones.

Avengers: Chicago
in an attempt to spread the power around, like the illuminate mentioned once, a team has been formed for Chicago.

Luke Cage is in the lead, with people questioning him constantly.
Ms. Marvel follows, eager to try and achieve her potential where there weren't already so many super-beings showing off.
Hank Pym joins the roster, but operates less and less as Yellow-Jacket, and more and more as just "Hank Pym"
The same goes for Jan.
Hercules would make a useful powerhouse.
Black Widow, back for fun and black ops work.
Hawkeye, ressurected, and fighting again.

Hank, Clint, and Natalia have a hard time following Luke, though as time goes by he proves himself just as good a leader as Cap or Iron Man.

Ideas for plotlines.

404 System Error Waltz: The mecha from "Livewires" show up taking Janet VanDyne hostage until Hank agrees to repair their damged comrades. Luke refuses to let a member of his team be ransomed, plus he realizes that the second they get what they want, their programming will force them to kill the others. Luke leads Black Widow and Hawkeye to take down these black-ops expert machines. However, Hank does manage to make the repairs requested, but in doing so he alters their programming, making it so they don't have to kill anyone who finds out about them, and also finally naming "Stem Cell".

Pay Day Foxtrot: one of the Avengers; Chicago, is accused in the media of recieving pay-offs from the mob. Luke, believing the claim to be ridiculous decides to prove it by sending his team against the local head (who has hired some meta-muscle). however the rest of the team isn't as confident in each other as Luke is, some eve suspecting Luke of being the one on the take.

Ultron Tango: Thats right ladies and gentlemen, Pym can't be in the Avengers too long before he come face to face with his son: Ultron. this time Ultron is trying something entirely new, he's launching a PR war against Hank and the rest of the Avengers. his intent is for the other Avengers to desert Pym. this time he wants to beat his father emotionally as well as physically.

stillanerd said:
I like that idea for the Avengers, a sort of superhero version of Mission:Impossible. But wasn't that supposed to be the idea behind the Defenders?

I dont think it was.

I must say with regard the current lineup, in the last comic against Michael (it seems it may be his name) Cap was trying to activate the Sentry who was having bad day and their other option was having Iron Man parley with the guy. Of course, Ms. Marvel came and interrupted the parley but the message was that not any other member of the avengers could do battle with this guy.

You know I take mine back and replace it with TheCorpulant1. Not ass kissing but damn his reasoning for it convinces me.

what ever the make up of the team they need to do things to earn "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" title. Prison breaks,Sauron, Electro and Ninjas arent the thing of legends.

GNR4Life said:
Roger Stern's Avengers:

Cap,Thor,Namor,Hercules,Wasp,She-Hulk,Captain Marvel(Monica Rambeau)

Damn!! That team had enough superstrong types...:eek: !!

Hey roach, I just reread the quote in my sig...and i get the mental image of Captain America standing at one end of a kitchen and ninjas at the other end with a bowl of Cheerios on the table...commence fight!

Worst:

hulk, Ant-man, Wasp, Iron Man, Thor (Avengers #1)

Best:

Cap
Hawkeye
Quicksilver
Ms. Marvel
Hercules
Wonderman
Justive
Firestar
Thor
Iron Man
Pym
Wasp
She-Hulk

Future:

Cap
Ms. Marvel
Cage
Iron Fist
She Hulk
Johnny Storm
Spider-man
Iron Man
Taskmaster
Angel

roach said:
I dont think it was.
The concept behind the Defenders was basically to bring a bunch of characters together around Dr. Strange who could handle literally anything in the universe. They're much more powerful than any Avengers roster has been with about half the members of the typical Avengers roster.

ElectroFlare said:
Hey roach, I just reread the quote in my sig...and i get the mental image of Captain America standing at one end of a kitchen and ninjas at the other end with a bowl of Cheerios on the table...commence fight!

Cap eats Wheaties

Post Civil War:

Captain America
Spider-Man
Ms. Marvel
Sentry
Luke Cage
Spider-Woman
Vision
Hawkeye
Songbird

My ideal team. Personally I think Spider-Man learning how to work in a team atmoshphere was one of the best things they have done to him in a while.:) :up:

Anyone not a fan of the current roster?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"