WGA, SAG-AFTRA Strike Thread

IATSE is ready to go on strike if upcoming contract negotiations with the studios don’t go their way.

The guild will begin negotiating two major labor contracts with the AMPTP next month, the Basic Agreement and the Area Standards Agreement. Both current contracts are set to expire on July 31. New campaign websites for each lay out the timelines that IATSE expects, both before and after negotiations begin.

Within those timelines, IATSE is making it clear that there will either be an agreement, or the union will look to its members for a potential strike authorization vote. If an agreement isn’t reached by July 31, IATSE’s websites state “The Negotiating Committee is not interested in extending this agreement.”

I feel like their asks can’t possibly be as extensive as the writers, actors or directors, so I’m really hoping the AMPTP aren’t such little ***** about this one and actually resolve it in a timely manner.

Pandora's box has been open, and I just know a lot of pricks are going to use this tech for nefarious purposes. We won't be able to fully trust what we see on the Internet ever again. And that's also not to mention how demoralizing this will be for artists everwhere. :dry:

It's still mostly easy to spot the fakes.
For now...but think about how much better they look now than they did a year ago? As I said before this stuff grows exponentially and the truth most of the better quality AI tech hasn't been released to wide use yet anyways. When ti is, and people start using it en masse it will grow better faster than we can deal with.

I was told we were like a decade away on this stuff...
Everytime I see an new article on AI, I just think back to this post.

At this point, let’s just END this mess. SAG got everything else they wanted. The AI actor **** hasn’t even been TESTED yet and feels like it’s something that’s 10 years away. They can revisit this concern in 3 years time. Whining about this is like a child throwing a tantrum over getting one missing thing for Christmas when they got everything else they asked for.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Move the hell on already.

That reminds me, whatever happened to him? I don't recall him posting anywhere else on these forums other than this thread.

He's actually somewhat lucky he said that to me and not someone else because I would 100% have permabanned him if it was directed at anyone else.

Personally disagree about Afterlife, but I agree that he was severely out of line.

It's always these uber fanboy properties from the 80s that get people super riled up and say some dumb sh**. lol

Personally disagree about Afterlife, but I agree that he was severely out of line.
lol, I was literally reading his post now and I was like "I have similar-ish feelings about the reboot, even if he express it more passionately, I don't see why is it ban bad". But then he had to finish it like that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"