WGA, SAG-AFTRA Strike Thread

It was especially random because me and @BatLobster were having a perfectly nice, spirited debate and then buddy just leaps off the top rope for no real reason.

Oh he had a reason...he doesn't like when things don't go his way. I mean he was spamming this thread saying the union should take it in the tailpipe so he could get his CBMs even if it means the films eventually become AI. He is selfish...and a child.

I mean other people in this thread (mainly one who is way over-trusting of clickbaiters and their inability to know the meaning of the word "Imminent") argued similar points but at least did it in a way that was part of a discussion. They may have been wrong on their points but they weren't whining like a 3 year old and lashing out.

Somewhere, I'm sure Arnold is fuming.

If another strike ends up resulting from this, then so be it. Heck, I'm rooting for the Animation Guild to hopefully do the same when they're able.

You didn't like the oddly saccharine Afterlife but thought the comedic "feminist" reboot (if women are in something, its feminist) was actually in line with the comedy franchise? Man... screw you!

The more strikes that actually accomplish something in regards to AI regulation, the better. I read this news about Marilyn Monroe a few days ago and it's pretty much one of the things I feared:

Sounds like this thread kinda became a bit of a roasing of me for a bit, eh?

But honestly......it was deserved. I was a petty, petulant ass and I'm sorry. As for that bit in the Ghostbusters thread, I should've left it at that first paragraph and not put the "Screw you" thing in there. It was a knee-jerk reaction and I'm sorry for that, too. I just really hated the 2016 movie and I really didn't think defending it over the 2 newer movies was fair since they're trying and the Paul Feig movie wasn't.

But anyway, moving on.....

I don't know what the labor laws are for actors in Europe, but I would think that British actors supported SAG during their strike as many of them are SAG Members but I also think that many actors from other parts of Europe (France, Spain, Netherlands, Germany, Scandanavia, Italy, Poland and Turkey) support SAG as some of those countries do have SAG members among their ranks too.

Got a question for you guys: we're all agreed that using AI for scripts and actors is a big 'NO', but what about just using it for upscaling older video to a small extent? It's been used for videos on old theme park attractions like Back to the Future and other stuff by people on Youtube and supposedly the recent Aliens 4K reissue did a smidge of it. Thoughts?

Example:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"