Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. What about the Marvel Mob?

Hypestyle

Superhero
Reaction score
What about the Maggia? Organized crime has really not been dealt with in the Marvel studios movies so far.

Marvel recovered the Kingpin rights from Daredevil, so unless Sony is claiming him for Spider-Man, then Marvel/Disney can use him and hopefully some other characters: Hammerhead, Silvermane, Tombstone, the Rose, Fortunato, etc.

What about the Maggia? Organized crime has really not been dealt with in the Marvel studios movies so far.

Marvel recovered the Kingpin rights from Daredevil, so unless Sony is claiming him for Spider-Man, then Marvel/Disney can use him and hopefully some other characters: Hammerhead, Silvermane, Tombstone, the Rose, Fortunato, etc.
afaik FOX never held the rights to Kingpin but borrowed them from Sony, so technically I don't think MS can use Kingpin at the moment.
Most of the other characters you mentioned are mostly known as Spidey villains too, so I guess they were part of the Spidey deal. I wouldn't be surprised if the Maggia itself is out of MS' reach right now. So unless they go a different, non 61, route with organized crime in the MCU I doubt we will see any form of it anytime soon

I kind of liked the look of Hammerhead, and Owl in Age of Ultron. but yeah, one would think that they're part of the Spidey deal, but this is TV, MAYBE it's different?

They could just have organized crime exist without an umbrella name attached to it. It's not like Tony Soprano walked around all the time saying, "Hey, look at us, we're all in the mafia."

Yeah lol. "Mafia" was said exactly one time in the Sopranos. By a guy who wasn't in it. And who died 10 seconds later.

The mob they need to bring in are the likes of Madame Masque. She would fit in perfectly. Whiplash in his original comic incarnation would have too, but they changed him completely for IM2. Of course, they could still bring in the comic version who was Mark Scarlatti and not Ivan Vanko. He looks different enough to be a completely different character (which he is anyway). He could either be using Vanko's technology or have invented something similar, and could call himself Blacklash if he really wanted (just like he did later in the comics). Besides, was Mickey Rourke's character ever called Whiplash in the film?

I keep seeing people saying Kingpin is at Sony...I'm pretty sure he isn't. I think Arad was mistake when he said Fox borrowed the rights from Sony (it's clear even these execs aren't completely sure what goes where). The Spectacular Spider-Man didn't have the rights to use Kingpin. I feel pretty confident Kingpin falls under Daredevil.

I would prefer not.

The Mob has worn its screentime in the superhero genre, thanks to the Batman films.

They could use The Hood and have a whole bunch of minor supervillains and mob types working for him.

The Maggia could work.

The name "Maggia" would sound like a bad joke to the GA. bad place, it sounds like a bad joke to me and I know it from the comic books.

Frankly, I think the mob is too small-time to be involved with SHIELD. The organizations trying to recruit or enslave unregistered gifteds should be on the order of HYDRA, AIM*, the Serpent Society, etc. The show is tied to the movie universe, so it should draw its villains from the same pool.

* [BLACKOUT]AIM shows up in the pilot in a roundabout way. That implies that we'll see more of their shenanigans at a later date.[/BLACKOUT]

I don't know, you could have organized crime show up. Its just, they need to cast them in a distinctly inferior role. Mafiosi gaining the attention of Coulson is a *bad thing* for the Mafiosi.

I think Hydra should have the major role in the show, AIM definitelly are involved but i think the Hydra are more deserving of being the "big bads"

I keep seeing people saying Kingpin is at Sony...I'm pretty sure he isn't. I think Arad was mistake when he said Fox borrowed the rights from Sony (it's clear even these execs aren't completely sure what goes where). The Spectacular Spider-Man didn't have the rights to use Kingpin. I feel pretty confident Kingpin falls under Daredevil.

All that "rights" talk is a moot point. Marvel has all the rights for their properties and entire library for toys, merchandising, animation and tv. It's only the movie adaptations where the "rights" talk comes into play....at least that was my understanding.

I think we have seen them. There is a teaser clip with guys in red masks. These are I believe maggia thugs. I had a eerie dr who vibe at first but I think unnamed maggia often wore masks that were similar but not red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"