Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4x10 - "The Patriot" - Discussion Thread

Silvermoon

Made To Be Ruled
Reaction score
Synopsis:
“The Patriot” – Separated from their team, Coulson and Mack discover a shocking secret about Mace, leaving all of S.H.I.E.L.D. in a precarious position, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” TUESDAY, January 17 (10:00–11:00 p.m. EST), on the ABC Television Network.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso “Mack” MacKenzie and John Hannah as Holden Radcliffe.

Guest starring are Jason O’Mara as Director Jeffrey Mace, Mallory Jansen as Aida, Adrian Pasdar as Brigadier General Glenn Talbot, Maximillian Osinski as Agent Davis, Patrick Cavanaugh as Burrows, Troy Caylak as Yuri Zaikin, Kimberley Drummond as Agent Crawford, Shelly Robertson as Michelle Caldwell and Alastair Bayardo as Agent McCafferty.

“The Patriot” was written by James C. Oliver & Sharla Oliver and directed by Kevin Tancharoen.

Promo:

https://youtu.be/DNDoArlMkaE

I still can't warm up to the new director. :funny:

Nice Luke Cage reference!

They should have known that constraining Agent May is both temporary and foolish.

Oh yeah, Coulson's back in charge!

:woot:

yahoocool.gif

With each passing week, it gets more stupid that May is still alive. Heck, I think it'd have been cool if they killed her without telling us, and then just kept the robot around for the big reveal at the end of the season (then show us what happened in a flashback).

The fact that Fitz is STILL working behind the team's backs with the AI makes him a traitor. This is not something that should just be forgiven and brushed off by a spy agency....or perhaps we'll even get a surprise reveal that Fitz has been a robot the entire season.

I truly believe fits wants to fix aida so that she can fulfill want she was made to do. Even fits said it himself he just wants to protect people especially the person he cares most in the world which is Gemma.

Its not stupid may is still alive, its clear the doctor is studying her brain patterns so that he can keep improving on the lmd project. He sees the flaws in aida and therefore is using the brain of an actual spy to learn that way he can eventually make lmd's that can pass for spies. It makes perfect sense.

Man, can't WAIT to see this if Coulson's back in charge

I truly believe fits wants to fix aida so that she can fulfill want she was made to do. Even fits said it himself he just wants to protect people especially the person he cares most in the world which is Gemma.

Its not stupid may is still alive, its clear the doctor is studying her brain patterns so that he can keep improving on the lmd project. He sees the flaws in aida and therefore is using the brain of an actual spy to learn that way he can eventually make lmd's that can pass for spies. It makes perfect sense.

Can he remotely update AI May's "brain" to upload new info? He was mentioning that she is on her own now.

And what was it Fitz said to Aida v1's head as he was downloading info? It sounded something like he's going to find out who did that to her or how it happened to her or something. Good intentions or not...what he is doing is traitorous...but will be forgiven because he's a member of the main cast.

Maybe not necessarily fix the LMD may now but definetely fix or improve on future lmd's he has said he created lmd to stand in for spies, soldiers etc.. and why not study one of the best spies if he has the chance.

Agreed Fitz is doing something very shady but i have no doubt hes not doing it to be malicious he sincerely believes having functioning lmd's would defintely put less people at risk and save lives. Also hes a scientist his need to find out what happened to aida is something he just cant let go.

Another point we cant say that he will be forgiven, we have yet to see the ramifications of his actions, I cant definetely see gemma breaking up with him over this and that would be the worse punishment for him even above going to jail.

So did they ever confirm the bad guys were Watchdogs? Or who supplied te weapons? Because if they didn't that seems like a setup to reveal it's actually someone else.

Especially since the weapon used for the assassination attempt is clearly Hammer Tech, combined with that weird quote of

The Hammer shatters glass, but hardens steel
Any chance of Sam Rockwell appearing this season? :woot:

I don't see Fitz's actions as being traitorous b/c he is not (currently) trying to re-build Aida, he is taking her software and will look at the code. From that, I believe he will discover her actions were programmed by Radcliffe. I also noted that Aida2 appears to be showing some degree to go rogue and somewhat of a jealous streak. Jealous that robo-May is superior, ticked at Radcliffe's criticism, I think we will finally see an Aida that does have true AI and goes rogue.

With each passing week, it gets more stupid that May is still alive. Heck, I think it'd have been cool if they killed her without telling us, and then just kept the robot around for the big reveal at the end of the season (then show us what happened in a flashback).

The fact that Fitz is STILL working behind the team's backs with the AI makes him a traitor. This is not something that should just be forgiven and brushed off by a spy agency....or perhaps we'll even get a surprise reveal that Fitz has been a robot the entire season.

Did you not watch this episode? It was laid out there pretty clearly a couple of times that Radcliffe's objective is not to murder anyone, he even chastised Aida for killing Nathanson and then stopped her from killing May later in the episode. Radcliffe is not being portrayed as a villain out to destroy SHIELD, he just wants the Darkhold and the knowledge that it contains, but he isn't looking to kill everyone.

I haven't gotten a chance to watch yet, but reading your comments, there better not be some forced drama between FitzSimmons with whatever Fitz is doing.

I don't understand Talbot's current position. Is he still the head of the ATCU? Does the ATCU still exists? Is Talbot a member of S.H.I.E.L.D. now?

Talbot, last I heard Talbot was in charge of the ATCU when Phil was made the head of BOTH by the President. Phil kind of rubbed it into Talbot's face too lol

Well maybe not the entire season, but to be fair he is the one SHIELD agent who is alone at Radcliffe's place all the time and given how Radcliffe wanted a way to check in on LMD May plus a way to get information about the Darkhold it'd be too perfect an opportunity to pass up, wouldn't it?

So did they ever confirm the bad guys were Watchdogs? Or who supplied te weapons? Because if they didn't that seems like a setup to reveal it's actually someone else.

Especially since the weapon used for the assassination attempt is clearly Hammer Tech, combined with that weird quote of

Any chance of Sam Rockwell appearing this season? :woot:

Hammer tech is a good guess, but to me the sniper bullet seemed like the Judas Bullet used by Diamondback in Luke Cage. We know in Luke Cage they were trying to get the bullets out on the market, so it is possible some got out and made it into this groups hands. I think it might have been the Judas Bullet, because it made the same type of drilling sound after impact, but before exploding. Well either way, Hammer tech or Judas Bullet it can be looked upon as another nice and subtle marvel connection.

Surfer

Also, wondering if the guy with the scar on his face has any real significance. He seemed to be focused on more than anyone else in the group and seemed to hold his own in battle against Mack and LMD Melinda May. So, wondering if we will see more of him and if he will play a more significant role in the future or if he was just kind of a one off.

Surfer

Did you not watch this episode? It was laid out there pretty clearly a couple of times that Radcliffe's objective is not to murder anyone, he even chastised Aida for killing Nathanson and then stopped her from killing May later in the episode. Radcliffe is not being portrayed as a villain out to destroy SHIELD, he just wants the Darkhold and the knowledge that it contains, but he isn't looking to kill everyone.

Yes, I'm aware that Radcliffe...who has shown to be obsessed his entire life with this sort of thing and is now impacted by a magic book...is not so obsessed that he's willing to kill. I mean...someone HAS been killed for it...but that was not a main character on the show.

Well maybe not the entire season, but to be fair he is the one SHIELD agent who is alone at Radcliffe's place all the time and given how Radcliffe wanted a way to check in on LMD May plus a way to get information about the Darkhold it'd be too perfect an opportunity to pass up, wouldn't it?

Since AI May will not be a surprise to the viewer, it makes sense that they would give us a surprise AI at the end of the season. Fitz is a scientist and all...and of course he wants to protect his friends...but he's clearly betraying the team behind their backs. A spy organization likely doesn't respond well to traitors with secret agendas (and this show has already stretched believability on that a few times). My kinda-sorta guess is that he's an AI and Aida has been keeping that a secret even from Radcliffe. Or, put it this way...I HOPE that is happening, because I don't want to have to accept this again from the world's top spy organization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"