Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4x10 - "The Patriot" - Discussion Thread

I'll add that the far more likely scenario is that Fitz figures out that Radcliffe is a "traitor" and his working behind Simmons' back ends up saving May...but still. "You betrayed us, but it all worked out in the end anyway" is rarely something I enjoy watching.

Hammer tech is a good guess, but to me the sniper bullet seemed like the Judas Bullet used by Diamondback in Luke Cage. We know in Luke Cage they were trying to get the bullets out on the market, so it is possible some got out and made it into this groups hands. I think it might have been the Judas Bullet, because it made the same type of drilling sound after impact, but before exploding. Well either way, Hammer tech or Judas Bullet it can be looked upon as another nice and subtle marvel connection.

Surfer
I thought the Judas Bullet WAS Hammer Tech?

So did they ever confirm the bad guys were Watchdogs? Or who supplied te weapons? Because if they didn't that seems like a setup to reveal it's actually someone else.

Just some mercenaries (ex-HYDRA, it seems) who were hired by the Watchdogs.

Talbot, last I heard Talbot was in charge of the ATCU when Phil was made the head of BOTH by the President. Phil kind of rubbed it into Talbot's face too lol

That was back when Coulson was S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Director and the ATCU had to serve as S.H.I.E.L.D.'s public face because S.H.I.E.L.D. was officially outlawed. But now S.H.I.E.L.D. is legal again and there is no need for the ATCU anymore. Coulson is just a field agent and Talbot can't be his subordinate. But Talbot is still pulling the strings in the Playground while Mace is away.

Hammer tech is a good guess, but to me the sniper bullet seemed like the Judas Bullet used by Diamondback in Luke Cage. We know in Luke Cage they were trying to get the bullets out on the market, so it is possible some got out and made it into this groups hands. I think it might have been the Judas Bullet, because it made the same type of drilling sound after impact, but before exploding. Well either way, Hammer tech or Judas Bullet it can be looked upon as another nice and subtle marvel connection.

Surfer

But the Judas Bullets used by Diamondback in Luke Cage were supplied by Hammer? :huh:

That's exactly what I'm saying.

But the Judas Bullets used by Diamondback in Luke Cage were supplied by Hammer? :huh:

That's exactly what I'm saying.

I did remember seeing Hammer Tech in Luke Cage, but for some reason I thought that it was regular weaponry being provided, not the Judas Bullet. However, after re-watching it I could see I was wrong and that the Judas Bullet was indeed Hammer Tech, which makes more sense. I mean why would an advanced weaponry company make standard weapons. So, yeah! Now I feel stupid. lol

Nice connection though to Luke Cage and Iron Man 2.

Sorry for the confusion.

Surfer

Did you not watch this episode? It was laid out there pretty clearly a couple of times that Radcliffe's objective is not to murder anyone, he even chastised Aida for killing Nathanson and then stopped her from killing May later in the episode. Radcliffe is not being portrayed as a villain out to destroy SHIELD, he just wants the Darkhold and the knowledge that it contains, but he isn't looking to kill everyone.

If anything, the only outright evil people are the Watchdogs and that Senator lady. Radcliffe's only looking for a way to prolong people's lives, even if it includes shady means in doing so.

Surfer

It was Hammer tech, Diamondback was trying to corner the market on the Bullet, so EVERYONE would have to go to HIM for the bullet

That was a pretty cool episode! Glad Phil's back in the saddle so to speak. One problem, I thought he didn't want to LIE to anyone. Isn't having Mace as a fake Head of Shield a lie?

I think Phil opted for that decision because he's convinced that Mace has done a good job with the optics side of things. He even said that he's not a fan of the "politics" that comes with running a republicized intelligence agency. I just see it now as a joint operation: Phil does the ops, while Mace handles PR and politics.

I was pretty happy with the way they handled the Mace's secret. Instead of giving him some nefarious plot, he was just a guy that wanted to serve was caught in the wrong place at the right time. He seems genuinely well-intentioned which I think was the right approach.

Enjoyed this one more so than last weeks. The Luke Cage connection, Mace's secret, Quake, good to get the Aida plot in the background of this episode.

I finally watched this yesterday. Not bad, I'm still not feeling the LMD story. Mace's story made me realize I need to stop putting off Luke Cage.

A few eye roller moments those - Super!Amazing!Daisy saving the day again, and Fitz still working on AIDA, it seems like cheap drama to make FitzSimmons fight.

Enjoyed this one more so than last weeks. The Luke Cage connection, Mace's secret, Quake, good to get the Aida plot in the background of this episode.

Agreed. I really like the twist with Aida, I thought the whole "Robot gaining sentience and wreaking havoc" thing was gonna be lame. But with that turning out to be a red herring it's a lot more interesting and believable.

Finally saw the episode. This arc seems more grounded, but I think it's still quite enjoyable. There was a lot of tension. The thing with Mace was expected, although they still managed to fool me into thinking Talbot might be a traitor (again).

Nice Luke Cage reference!

I was wondering if those were the bullets from Luke Cage. Definitely seemed like they were. Very cool connection (I also like that they didn't make a big deal about them, they were just there. In show time, Luke Cage happened a long time ago).

With each passing week, it gets more stupid that May is still alive. Heck, I think it'd have been cool if they killed her without telling us, and then just kept the robot around for the big reveal at the end of the season (then show us what happened in a flashback).

I don't think the May LMD would work well without drawing from May's memories, which need May to be alive for. There was even a hint that she was essentially unconscious when she was sitting in Lola while the real May was awake.

So since Mace revealed to the public that Daisy was "undercover" all that time and working with SHIELD all along, do you think he'll also reveal that Grant Ward has been undercover all this time since Season 1? :o

So since Mace revealed to the public that Daisy was "undercover" all that time and working with SHIELD all along, do you think he'll also reveal that Grant Ward has been undercover all this time since Season 1? :o

Why would he do that? Does he even know about Ward?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"