What are some of the classic Hype feuds that you remember?

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by Super_Ludacris, Sep 6, 2007.

1. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

So, your method to raise awareness about the atrocities in Darfur was to make ONE thread that was really all about you and title it I'm On A Mission From God. Wow, the people of Darfur should be honored to have you so worried about them. :whatever:

jag

2. blind_fury Registered

better than nothing dude.

like I said:

I shame ppl for not doing anything but if you don't like my methods, lead by example and raise awareness another way. Don't just sit there, criticize my methods, then go watch an old episode of Heroes on your big screen tv.

3. BRUTAL Registered

:rolleyes:
    I like Heroes. :up:

4. ShadowBoxing Registered

I fail to see how myself, or Jag, are holier-than-thou. Certainly not the the gross extreme you are.
    The truth: the truth that you didn't go to Darfur. That, last time I checked, was the point people made about you which unsurprisingly turned out to be the truth.

5. WTFimVENOM Registered

Darfur is an obvious problem, but I dont think making a thread about it does much, and believe me, I studied the conflict enough in my Holocaust class to know how bad it is, but the truth is that it will take the will of a president of government higher up to do anything, not a bunch of ppl on a super hero message board... nor a single dude with "teh will to help teh darfurians!"

6. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

But you haven't raised awareness about Darfur. All you've done is gone "Look at me! I'm on a mission from God! I'm better than all of you! Oh, wait....that mission from God isn't important anymore so I'm not going to go to Darfur...". You snidely made the whole thing about YOU, not Darfur. People who want to raise awareness for a cause put the focus on the CAUSE, not themselves. Try posting articles and stories about the issues the people of Darfur face. Try posting links to organizations that are working to provide relief where people can donate dollars, clothes, or food to to help. Everything you've done up to this point for your beloved Darfur has been all about you and how much attention ****ing mileage you can get.

jag

7. blind_fury Registered

Yeah the term self-righteous has negative connotation. So I wasn't bragging when I acknowledged that it's how my methods are being perceived by some.

Well I wanted to go simply to make a point to people regarding the lack of intervention. It may have been an absurd method to some but I felt it might have been the best way to make an impact at the time. Now that there is a 20,000 troop intervention planned it alters my original reasons for going. My goal was to inspire a much much smaller intervention on the part of those who felt they should do something based on the risk I was willing to take. The 20,000 troops is far beyond my goals so I no longer feel going over there is the best way to make an impact. It won't inspire as many people if I was one of 20,000. That's not to say I rule out joining the UN force solely for helping the Darfur refugees. I'm open to the idea, if I feel it's the best way I can help and the UN genuinely needs my man power.

I do believe a single person can make a difference but now I just feel like being one of a 20,000 UN force is not in the divine plan. Of course that could change at any moment and if it does I doubt any you critics would care unless it meant you had the chance to trivialize it to justify past insults.

Yeah I don't know if you watch Heroes religiously. I don't care. I wasn't aiming for preference accuracy I was making a much broader point regarding the priorities of those who ignore the message and shoot the messenger..

Why?

Just because I have alot of enemies doesn't mean everyone is against me. Any progressive or non-conformist is going to have a fair share of enemies.

There's alot a people on the hype and the majority don't jump on the lynch mob-bandwagon unless I insult them personally which I don't do unless they attack me first.

8. blind_fury Registered

Maybe your right, maybe your wrong.

But its worth a try. Better than discouraging people from bringing it up.

If everyone on the hype was like "save teh Darfurians" who knows what the impact would be. Maybe one hypster make a powerful youtube video seen by millions.

Anything is possible.

9. blind_fury Registered

I made a Darfur thread late last year.

I don't think it reached 2 pages and no one ever spoke of it again.

I took the Micheal Moore approach because I knew it would boost the new threads post count and get the word Darfur in the popular discussion.

Don't like my methods? fine. I don't care.

Prove theres a better way to raise awareness by example or ****.

10. Superman4ever Registered

Actually, you're an idiot! ;)

11. blind_fury Registered

12. Superman4ever Registered

Wasn't it last month?

13. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

14. Superman4ever Registered

And just like Darfur you abandon us! :(

We don't need you...

15. ShadowBoxing Registered

Michael Moore makes documentaries about other things. The reason he gets criticized is for his playfulness with facts. However the movies are not about him or how great he is.

You created a thread that made you a popular discussion. In fact in the thread itself you stated the purpose was to test your resolve about going.
    No, I don't like you, there's a big difference.
    http://www.savedarfur.org/

There, that site has been up for ages. It does a better job of raising awareness than a pompous thread on a superhero website.

16. blind_fury Registered

Prove there's a better way to raise awareness by example or ****.

17. blind_fury Registered

^^^^^That's the only response the haterz will get.

They don't deserve further explanation.

18. blind_fury Registered

If everyone on the hype was like "save teh Darfurians" who knows what the impact would be. Maybe one hypster would make a powerful youtube video seen by millions.

Anything is possible.

19. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

Please post a pic of the checks you have donated to Darfur charities....or drop it and move on.

20. blind_fury Registered

I'll do better.

Since you want to censor discussion of the topic for some god forsaken reason I'll sig the website where I have donated in the past.

jerk. :o

21. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

I don't want to censor the topic of Darfur....I want you to stop being a "jerk" to others about it. You don't actually discuss the situation or talk about ways to help it or post links to ways to help it....you only go all high and mighty attacking others here because they aren't talking about it....but the only talking you are doing about it is to attack others.

22. ShadowBoxing Registered

That doesn't prove you've donated to them.:huh:

23. Wilhelm-Scream Registered

How many Swedish Supermodel Hookers-worth of dollars would you say you've sent?

24. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

Be careful there....he might call you a.....jerk.

25. ShadowBoxing Registered

Okay...going to Darfur and helping, like my friend Kalan did, and then coming back with a movie documenting this trip, and making the viewing of said movie accreditted would be raising awareness by example