What Are The Best Comic Book Movie Posters?

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
In this thread tell us your opinion on what the best comic book movie posters are, and if you want post those posters here:

Let me kick this thread off by posting what I think are some of the best, if not, best posters of the genre.

b213702368415bc84a8caeeb5369683f.jpg

1898971.jpg

dark-knight-poster.jpg

Last edited:
It’s funny how despite how great the MCU films have been overall, WB generally owns their asses when it comes to posters. I don’t know how much that really matters but… those posters for the Dark Knight films, Wonder Woman and Man of Steel are SO much better than the usual get-some-intern-to-Photoshop-every-character-in-this-movie-into-one-image posters that Marvel puts out.

The main MCU posters always have the standard show every character like the old Star Wars posters.

guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-2017.jpg

Spider-Man also has had some good posters.
spider-man-homecoming-2017.jpg

the-amazing-spider-man-2012.jpg

Wow, looking at that Amazing Spider-Man poster now, I can't believe they had the audacity to use a tagline like "The Untold Story". Really? Spider-Man 3 only came out 5 years prior, how is this untold?

The Superman the Movie one's will for me, always uphold as the best. As will the film.

Wow, looking at that Amazing Spider-Man poster now, I can't believe they had the audacity to use a tagline like "The Untold Story". Really? Spider-Man 3 only came out 5 years prior, how is this untold?
The tagline is referring to the film exploring the mystery of what happened to Peter’s parents for the first time, which was never addressed in the Raimi films prior. This version of the origin did interweave Peter’s parents into the narrative and made them central figures that drives Peter and the story. How Peter gets bitten and the villain he fights to are closely tied with his parents and mystery as to what happened to them. That was the one major element in this iteration of the origin that differentiated itself from Raimi’s. In retrospect, the tagline is a bit of false advertising as the film doesn’t do much new with this and the film still feels like a rehash of what’s been done before.

Another problem is Peter’s parents and they’re whereabouts were never important as Ben and May as they effectively filled that role as his father and mother. So hardly anyone cares about what happened to his mother and father.

Last edited:
Some I haven't seen mentioned

spiderman-md-web.jpg

robocop-md-web.jpg

poster-780.jpg

hulk-md-web.jpg

1039585.jpg

18.jpg

xmen-2-md-web.jpg

x-men-559ccae4a6b39.jpg

batmanvuelve020.jpg

And I don't think this was ever realised as an official poster, but either way I always dug it and thought it looked cool:

0UHwTIE.jpeg

Really love those for Batman Returns (so grim, intense, melancholy and cool and particularly cool detail that DeVito and Pfeiffer are credited and pictured in opposite order) and X-Men (glimpsing, going into the fantasy/future).

Also for Spider-Man 2, conveying so much the sense of heroism, drama and personal loss/sacrifice

1703353139359.png

And Batman Begins, the creating of an icon/legend hero

Batman Begins Movie Poster

And an at least really cool, underrated one is this for Watchmen, showing how much it will be a literally close adaptation of the comic and convey Rorschach's and Adrian's ruthless attitudes

Watchmen Movie Poster

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"