What Bats story should be made into a PG-13 animated movie?

jediknight273

Civilian
Reaction score
So DC is releasing all these PG-13 animated films (Superman: Doomsday, JLA: The New Frontier, and Teen Titans: The Judas Contract). If they were to do the same for Batman what story should be used?

I was thinking Long Halloween or maybe Dark Knight Returns since they already did a little segment of it in the new Batman adventures in that one episode, and it was prety sweet.

Any ideas?

:ninja:

Arkham Asylum would be pretty cool. That could pretty much puch the envelope for PG-13. I would like to see even Hush. I haven't read that one yet, but i hear it's good.

KNIGHTFALL could be amazing as a full length movie in the mold of the spawn cartoon.

Definitely not 'The Dark Knight Returns' - too overrated and much too hyped!

The Long Halloween... Knightfall...Hush... all these seems like good directions to go?

Or something like Red Rain?

Tim Sale inspired animation?! Count me in.

Long Halloween. It'd be perfect.

Save DKR for Zach Snyder or Robert Rodriguez.

Arkham Asylum would be pretty cool. That could pretty much puch the envelope for PG-13. I would like to see even Hush. I haven't read that one yet, but i hear it's good.

I sincerely think Arkaham Asylum would be R RATED

I sincerely think Arkaham Asylum would be R RATED

I agree with that, but only if they did it in the same style as the story, if they did it in the Bruce Timm animation it wouldn't have the same effect.

Definitely not 'The Dark Knight Returns' - too overrated and much too hyped!

The Long Halloween... Knightfall...Hush... all these seems like good directions to go?

:dry:

Am I the only one here who wants Batman: Ego adapted? :O

Knightfall or a mix of long halloween and dark victory in one film.

A DKR adaptation would be epic given the right creative team.

Knightfall by the same team that did Superman Doomsday.

What about a mix of Bruce Wayne: Murderer and Bruce Wayne: Fugitive? It make for an interesting film.

No Man's Land would be an interesting movie to watch. I read the novel by Greg Rucka and it was so good.

How about All-Star Batman & Robin? I think I'd get a kick out of hearing Kevin Conroy saying "I'm the Goddamn Batman!"

No Man's Land sucked so much :dry:

Batman kicking Superman out of town was the worst thing.

But. Like what ya want.

Conroy saying "I'm the Goddamned Batman" would rule.

"The Long Halloween"
"Dark Victory"
"The Killing Joke"

my only problem with Doomsday, was the storyline was too epic to condese into a 75 minute film. TLH and DV might suffer the same fate-which is why i would suggest something like The Killing Joke-or Arkham Asylum

How about All-Star Batman & Robin? I think I'd get a kick out of hearing Kevin Conroy saying "I'm the Goddamn Batman!"

:shock: You know all-star batman & robin hadn't even crossed my mind and it hasnt been finished yet so we'll have to wait on that. But it would be enjoyable hearing connroy say he's the goddamn batman so i will agree with u on that gqxsensazn :woot:

What about one of the tie-in novels.... like INFERNO or DEAD WHITE.... those were both pretty good stories.

No Man's Land sucked so much :dry:

Batman kicking Superman out of town was the worst thing.

But. Like what ya want.

Yeah, i'll DO that. :yay:

I thought Batman's reasoning was logical. How is humanity going to progress if every time they **** up, they get bailed out by virtual "Gods"?

The people of Gotham pulled themselves out of a very bad situation, without the help of the JLA, and i thought that was a very cool bit of storytelling. I mean; how interesting would it have been if Superman just "fixed" everything for them?

NML to me, is one of the most under-rated Batman stories of all time..much better than Long Halloween, which despite it's pretty artwork, left me scratching my head in utter confusion and dissapointment...

Yeah, i'll DO that. :yay:

I thought Batman's reasoning was logical. How is humanity going to progress if every time they **** up, they get bailed out by virtual "Gods"?

The people of Gotham pulled themselves out of a very bad situation, without the help of the JLA, and i thought that was a very cool bit of storytelling. I mean; how interesting would it have been if Superman just "fixed" everything for them?

NML to me, is one of the most under-rated Batman stories of all time..much better than Long Halloween, which despite it's pretty artwork, left me scratching my head in utter confusion and dissapointment...

QFT like you don't even know.

I'd love to see Long Halloween and Dark Victory, Tim Sale inspired designs, but not totally the same look as the comics. And bring in the exact same voice cast from TAS. That would be very cool.

I'd also love to see Arkham Asylum done in a very dark style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"