What big name Marvel talent is jumping ship for DC?

Jason Aaron could be a possibility as far as I know. I believe he finished his latest stuff at Marvel.

Jason Aaron just started his run on the Punisher MAX title. Unless he's only set to do 5 issues, the odds of him leaving Marvel are slim.

Unless we're talking really big bucks, I can't see anybody wantinmg to go to DC right now... unless it's Millar on Superman... it's the only one that makes sense...

:o

Which means Supermans gonna suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

... just like most DC boos nowadays...

:o

That's funny DC published books get 98% of my comics bank every month but then again even though I liked some Marvel characters DC always appealed to me more. But I actually think these books are in much better shape now than they were in the mid 00's.

I doubt it would be Andy Diggle or Jason Aaron. Brubaker is a huge possibility (even though I'll miss him on Cap). Maybe one of the ASM writers...Van Lente?

But seriously if DC wants Bendis they can have him.

The only one that really worries me is Brubaker, who should be free to write Captain America until he dies. Then again, if going DC-exclusive means another round of Gotham Central, it might be a fair trade...

I'm the only one in the world that wants to see Millar have a run with Superman. :csad:

And this is coming from someone who hates Civil War, Wanted, Enemy of the State, well most of his work.

I'd rather see Millar do Superman movie. He's talking about it with the Kick-Ass movie team, nothing is official. He just made a thread about it in his forums. Guy really wants the world to have another good Superman movie. He's said his idea involves plenty of Krypton and action.

As do his comic Superman ideas. Seeing Lois as more of a pet. Get the f**k outta here.

@Hippie_Hunter
Because?

I'm the only one in the world that wants to see Millar have a run with Superman. :csad:

And this is coming from someone who hates Civil War, Wanted, Enemy of the State, well most of his work.

I feel mixed with Millar. He almost always has great ideas but in the process he either succeeds in execution but ruins their characterization in the process by making them all total *****ebags (Civil War, Ultimates) or succeeds in in characterization but fails in execution (Fantastic Four, Wolverine: Old Man Logan).

If he can succeed in both characterization and execution, along with working within the confines of modern Superman continuity, I look forward to him working on Superman. But for the moment, I'd be wary.

Millar's ideas on Superman's characterization are just weird. I remember an interview where he said Superman should feel superior to everyone and consider humankind like pets that he takes care of, and Clark Kent should be the mask while Kal-El is the "real" Superman. He really seems to want to play up the alienness of Superman, which is the wrong way to go, in my opinion. The best Superman stories to me have always been the ones where Clark, in spite of his heritage, turns out to have all the best humanity has to offer.

Which makes the whole being married to Lois thing creepy as hell cuz that would be the equivalent of f**king your cat. :o

@hippie_hunter
because?

|
|
\/​

millar's ideas on superman's characterization are just weird. I remember an interview where he said superman should feel superior to everyone and consider humankind like pets that he takes care of, and clark kent should be the mask while kal-el is the "real" superman. He really seems to want to play up the alienness of superman, which is the wrong way to go, in my opinion. The best superman stories to me have always been the ones where clark, in spite of his heritage, turns out to have all the best humanity has to offer.

It's Stan Lee.:hehe:

I might be wrong, but stan isn't actively working for marvel comics anymore, is he? didn't he leave the comicssection of marvel around 8 years ago? besides, after what he did to the dc characters back in 2001 (just imagine...) I don't want him manywhere near batman ever again. again!

@Topic
I want Brubaker to return to batman comics and finally finish his 'story'. His run on batman had quite a large, loose end. it's such a shame. so many incredible ideas, none of them brought to a satisfying conclusion. Besides: I want more Zeiss!

Last edited:
Stan Lee has his own entertainment company now. I'm not really sure what he's doing with it, though. Disney just bought a stake in it, so if anything, it seems like Lee is likelier to get roped back into consulting with Marvel or something before he does anything with DC.

Millar's ideas on Superman's characterization are just weird. I remember an interview where he said Superman should feel superior to everyone and consider humankind like pets that he takes care of, and Clark Kent should be the mask while Kal-El is the "real" Superman. He really seems to want to play up the alienness of Superman, which is the wrong way to go, in my opinion. The best Superman stories to me have always been the ones where Clark, in spite of his heritage, turns out to have all the best humanity has to offer.
Which would be fine if he took that over to an indie work of his own (like Waid with Irredeemabe and Incorruptible), but should be kept the hell away from Superman...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"