What comic (or comic series) should be a movie? Why?

M

Mike5555

Personally, I would love to see the following on film.
1. Batman vs. Predator I read the complete collection. Its good!
2. I would also like to see the cross over comic on film which had Supes Vs. Hulk, Spiderman vs. Batman, Dare Devil vs. Batman. I think the Hollywood effects of the following would make it worth our while. Superman was shocked when he realized how strong & fast the Hulk was; they tied in that comic. Batman & Spiderman had a real short disagreeement. They fought Carnage & a another villian. Bats vs. Daredevil was more thorough fight.
3. Also Legacy 1 & 2 as one movie in which Supes and darksied battle toe to toe. I was shocked to see Superman bleed like that, of course he eventually won...but Darkseid could have killed him. On screen this would look good.
4. Batman vs. Dracula: the Red Rain series based on the comic or cartoon movie version: The action, plot, and effects would blow your mind.
All of these would box office sell outs

magnus robot fighter would make a good movie combining both sci-fi ans superheroics

3dman27 said:
magnus robot fighter would make a good movie combining both sci-fi ans superheroics

Definitely.

Most of the Valiant comics would be excellent movies.

Black Panther because written correctly, he's a complete and total badass! He's been described as everything from the "black Batman" to the "African Captain America" without being a copy of neither character and maintaining his own unique attributes. I don't have a particular storyline in mind.

Daredevil-Born Again. Perhaps the greatest story I've ever read in a comic book. It shows our hero,Matt Murdock reach rock bottom in his life. His girlfriend sells his secret ID to the Kingpin for drugs and ends up causing Murdock to lose everything...almost. Great story of redemption and really gives the reader insight to what makes the Man Without Fear tick.

JLA- New World Order. Classic story using one of DC's strongest versions of the team. After Martians take over Earth and it's greatest heroes, only one underestimated vigilante manages to defy the odds to save his teammates and reclaim the earth.

Amazing Spider-Man 238-251. One of Marvel's greatest mysteries, the who is the Hobgoblin saga by Roger Stern was what cemented me as a Spider-Man fan. The villian wasn't merely a Green Goblin rip off but something quite possibly even more threatening. A man who possessed not only all of the original's weapons but a devilish cunning that confused not only Spider-Man but the book readers themselves.

Cable & Deadpool or just Deadpool

And Born Again would be a great plot for a Daredevil sequel.

The Walking Dead - It would make a great series on HBO following the comic exactly.

Thor. Lord of the Rings + Superman = yes please

Kingdom Come. A faithful movie to that story would blow me away.

StorminNorman said:
Excellent choice, I wholeheartedly agree.

I would also like to see movies made of:
Planetary
The Superman/Batman story arc with Supergirl,Wonder Woman, and Darkseid
Groo the Warrior
Cerberus the Aardvark
American Flagg
Aztec Ace

Okay, here's my list. Most of these are unrealistic, sorta selfish personal wishes for movies. None of these really have a chance in hell of being made, but I think they'd all be pretty damn good given the proper supervision...

Bill Finger's Batman
Personally, I would love to see a Batman movie based directly (and solely) on the classic Finger/Kane comics. Have it be a period piece set in 1940 and all, and just go wild with that interpretation of Batman in such a Noir setting.

The Ultimates
I think The Ultimates is a comic that was really made to be a movie and, in the right hands, could really be adapted perfectly into a fantastic big-budget action blockbuster. Unfortunately, with how...politically aware the comic is, it'd really need to be made, well, immediately.

Brubaker's Daredevil
While they're rather new comics, I'd love to see a film, or a series of films, based on what Brubaker's done so far on the title. He seems to capture whatever setting he places Daredevil in perfectly. Whether it be in prison with the likes of the Kingpin, Bullseye, and even The Punisher, to the cities of Europe in a story that feels something like something Hitchcock would've made in the 60s.

Claremont's X-Men
Yeah, Bryan Singer's X-Men movies are great, but for me, they've never quite captured the team I fell in love with with X-Men: TAS, and the early Claremont comics. I'd love to see those comics more accurately adapted. Not a period piece or anything like that, but just use the comics as a blueprint to give us a fun, slightly sci-fi X-Men movie.

Spider-Man and Gwen Stacy
I really think the whole Peter Parker/Gwen Stacy relationship maybe one of the best romances of, well, recent memory, and could really be done excellently on film. While I would want a fair bit of action involved in the whole thing, I'd think it'd be best if the actual focus of film would be on their relationship and end with her death. It could just be a really great throwback to not only classic Spider-Man stories, but classic 60s film making and romantic film making.

Arkham Asylum
This would basically be a straight horror movie just starring Batman. I doubt the graphic novel is long enough for a proper film to be made out of direct adaptation, but with some filler and some slightly horrific expansion, it could really turn out to be an excellent horror film. Made even better if it follows McKean's perfectly eery and frightening art style.

Eh, maybe I'll come up with some more later...

StorminNorman said:
Agreed.

And of course I'd like to see an Aquaman film, but as much as I'd like to see one, I feel it won't happen within my lifetime.

Here's some projects I would like to see:

1) Blackjack, by Alex Simmons, would be a nice Indiana Jones-type flick.

2) Supreme Power/Squadron Supreme. Perhaps if they toned down some parts, but kept it PG-13, it could be a more 'adult' comic book film, perhaps in the vein of Batman Begins.

3) Black Panther. Outside of Blade there hasn't been a black superhero on the big screen and I think Panther would be the best choice, combining the best of Priest and Hudlin's work. Actually, I think Hudlin's Who is the Black Panther? would make a great movie.

4) Walking Dead-not sure if this film is being made already, but after reading Volume One this would make for a very good, very gripping zombie flick.

5) Y: The Last Man-I think this would be pretty funny but also a socially relevant/conscious movie.

6) Green Lantern Corps-You could make movies with Hal, John, or Kyle. Why not combine them? There hasn't really been a great sci-fi/space opera comic book film yet. The GLC could fit the bill.

7) Captain America. This movie should've been made. I hope that when it is made the first film will be WW2 based.

8) Static. We haven't seen too many comic book movies with a teen lead, outside of Spider-Man, which is arguably the most successful comic book movie series. Why not try to recreate that formula with Static and a more diverse cast?

9) Bite Club-Vampires mixed with the Sopranos/Godfather. Make this movie already.

10) 100 Bullets-This could be a kickass franchise, using different stories, characters for each installment. All you would need is a dude to be Graves-I'm thinking Malcolm McDowell or Jason Statham.

Black Panther
Deadpool
Thor
Daredevil-Born Again
Space Ghost
(read my sig...:cwink: )

CAH

C. Lee said:
Excellent choice, I wholeheartedly agree.

I would also like to see movies made of:
Planetary
The Superman/Batman story arc with Supergirl,Wonder Woman, and Darkseid
Groo the Warrior
Cerberus the Aardvark
American Flagg
Aztec Ace

I think Planetary could work better as a TV Show. It could be like Sliders, except cooler.

Sandman138 said:
I think Planetary could work better as a TV Show. It could be like Sliders, except cooler.

There was a pilot but WB passed on it....

BlackHardKnight said:
There was a pilot but WB passed on it....
WB has no love for Ellis. "Of course we'll make your Global Frequency pilot. Wait-- nevermind. How about Planetary? No, we just changed our minds again."

Manic said:
WB has no love for Ellis. "Of course we'll make your Global Frequency pilot. Wait-- nevermind. How about Planetary? No, we just changed our minds again."

It's their loss. Either GF or Planetary would kick the **** out of their pathetic sci-fi offerings.

My Top five

1. Fantastic Four versus the X-men. A great 4 parter featuring she-hulk.

2. Deathlok a great series on its own.

3. I really want to see a Harley Quinn movie... just bring in the clowns. I have most of her comic books, and think she is a great villian.

4. I'd like to see a better Catwoman movie because the main character is Selena all the way! It could take place YEARS AFTER Batman returns.

5. Cloak and Dagger - again I have most of the CBs and the story is great in many ways. (for young and old)

T.H.U.N.D.E.R.agents the ORIGINAL super heroes as government agents series

Also, they should make a R.I.P.D. movie. :up:

The Dark Knight Returns--because its awesome.
Supreme Power--because its awesome.
Justice series by Alex Ross--because its (you guessed it) awesome.

I'd LIKE to see one based on Ant, but given Mario Gully's remarks on the subject i'm a bit leery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"