What comic (or comic series) should be a movie? Why?

Mike5555 said:
Personally, I would love to see the following on film.
1. Batman vs. Predator I read the complete collection. Its good!
2. I would also like to see the cross over comic on film which had Supes Vs. Hulk, Spiderman vs. Batman, Dare Devil vs. Batman. I think the Hollywood effects of the following would make it worth our while. Superman was shocked when he realized how strong & fast the Hulk was; they tied in that comic. Batman & Spiderman had a real short disagreeement. They fought Carnage & a another villian. Bats vs. Daredevil was more thorough fight.
3. Also Legacy 1 & 2 as one movie in which Supes and darksied battle toe to toe. I was shocked to see Superman bleed like that, of course he eventually won...but Darkseid could have killed him. On screen this would look good.
4. Batman vs. Dracula: the Red Rain series based on the comic or cartoon movie version: The action, plot, and effects would blow your mind.
All of these would box office sell outs
You DO know you have a better chance of seeing Mos Def at a Klan meeting, right?

Chris Wallace said:
<-----------And of course there's this guy.

Yeah, Black Panther is just begging to be made into a movie.

Transmetropolitan: Ideally directed by Terry Gilliam, if he can get his act together and start making good movies again. It's high time comics got it's version of Fear and Loathing. I'm thinking Edward Norton for Spider.

The Authority: Come on, it would be amazing.

Bone: Again, this one speaks for itself.

1. Invincible - Just imagine this. Some would see the previews thinking "oh its another superhero movie aimed for kids" but then when they go see it, and you see *SPOILER* Omni Man KILL the (basically justice league) peoples mouths would drop to the floor. this would definitely catch people by surprise and be the next super hero blockbuster.

2.Captain America - The perfect political movie. Film it in the grainiy style went with Saving Private Ryan, and cast a good solid actor in his late 20s-mid thirties and call it good. It takes place in WWII, and the main villain is Baron Von Zemo, hitlers secondhand man, and one of the poster children of the nazi regime...PM me more for my take on it.

3. The Authority - A Rated R superhero movie that wouldn't do well in the box office but DVD sales would skyrocket. It would be that gruesome gritty movie everyones ever wanted to see. Superheroes killing and fighting. Heroes getting lobotomized or their neecaps busted through. it would be criticized by many for the homosexual love between midnighter and apollo, but it would just be an AMAZING movie.

Ones that would work better as Mini Series on HBO:

1. Walking Dead - oh dang...just read it. hah.

2. Watchmen - Screw a movie. it cant be done. do it in a 12 show series. holy crap just imagine it.

3. The Question - Chuck Norris IS Richard Dragon. with Clive Owen starring as Vic.

Lotta choices for Vic. Not sure Clive Owen is right. Though I hardly consider myself an authority on the Question.

I suggested Invincible earlier. It would rule. I think Kirkman's even expressed interest in doing it. The only problem is it'll be tough to nail down the marketing.

I just get a creepy vibe from Owen that he could do it. just an odd hunch.

and Invincible movie rights were picked up from Paramount.
Marketing would be really really tough.

But what I see them doing is marketing it as a early teenage PG13 film, then when you see it, just blowing you away with how awesome it is :D

Batman: The Long Halloween- My favorite Batman story. It would probably be better as an animated movie though.

The Ultimates- No instead we get Ultimate Avengers which pales in comparison in every way.

Avengers: Ultron Unlimited- One of my favorite Avengers story. The Avengers battling thousands of robots...you know you want to see it.

For TV shows...

Nextwave on Adult Swim- No reason needed

an animated movie based on dark horses's KISS comic series

DarKush said:
Here's some projects I would like to see:

1) Blackjack, by Alex Simmons, would be a nice Indiana Jones-type flick.

2) Supreme Power/Squadron Supreme. Perhaps if they toned down some parts, but kept it PG-13, it could be a more 'adult' comic book film, perhaps in the vein of Batman Begins.

3) Black Panther. Outside of Blade there hasn't been a black superhero on the big screen and I think Panther would be the best choice, combining the best of Priest and Hudlin's work. Actually, I think Hudlin's Who is the Black Panther? would make a great movie.

4) Walking Dead-not sure if this film is being made already, but after reading Volume One this would make for a very good, very gripping zombie flick.

5) Y: The Last Man-I think this would be pretty funny but also a socially relevant/conscious movie.

6) Green Lantern Corps-You could make movies with Hal, John, or Kyle. Why not combine them? There hasn't really been a great sci-fi/space opera comic book film yet. The GLC could fit the bill.

7) Captain America. This movie should've been made. I hope that when it is made the first film will be WW2 based.

8) Static. We haven't seen too many comic book movies with a teen lead, outside of Spider-Man, which is arguably the most successful comic book movie series. Why not try to recreate that formula with Static and a more diverse cast?

9) Bite Club-Vampires mixed with the Sopranos/Godfather. Make this movie already.

10) 100 Bullets-This could be a kickass franchise, using different stories, characters for each installment. All you would need is a dude to be Graves-I'm thinking Malcolm McDowell or Jason Statham.

static would have been cool i could see elements of the comic and cartoon mixed for the movie.

Movies that would absolutely own:

The Authority: Honestly, with ratings loosening every year, it wouldn't have to be Rated R to get the raw greusomeness of The Authority across. Unless you just NEED spewing blood at all times, PG-13 is cool, imho. Authority is about larger-than-life merciless butt kicking, not blood, and re-adapting their origin and the Kringstein storyline into one would be uber-awesome. Dismantling allegories to movie versions superheroes just owns on so many levels.

Justice League of America: Even a modest one (Supe, Bat, Flash, WW, GL, MM cameo) would rock socks, and NWO is definitely the thing that turned me into a JLA fan, I think that would simply own.

The Ultimates: It IS a movie in a comic book, it's ready... just replace Freddie Prinze Jr with Chad Michael Murray or Chad Manning or whatever at make it happen. The whole thing owns, though it'd need to be condensed for a 2 1/2 hour movie, it'd still work beautifully...

Black Panther: To say that this needs to be made is an understatement. Wakanda is an astounding backdrop for a movie, and Black Panther is a kick butt character with a rich history. He's bad as he wants to be, but he's also a very down to earth guy... and he has his fair share of angst and sensitivity... he bleeds for his people-- that's powerful stuff. This movie should have been made ages ago.

Green Lantern Corps -- Skip this "Spider-Man with a Ring" storywriting stuff. The GLC is big bad and makes the GL franchise work. Lets focus on that... lets bend the edges of what a "comic book movie" is... lets go to space, do the whole Space Opera, Sci-Fi thing. It'd blow people away and likely reignite the Sci-Fi genre when it's done right.

Movies I would like to see:

Runaways: To be spun off into a TV series. In my world it would have teenage actors instead of twenty something actors playing the teenagers.

Power Pack: Conceived of as a G or PG kids superhero movie along the lines Sharkboy and Lavagirl... I think much of the reason I would enjoy this is because I am a 3 year old kid at heart.

Gen13: So many fun ways to do it... conceived from beginning to end as a light romp with a buch of tease girls, a slacker and a bum. Just plain and complete fun.

Gold Digger: Uber-TnA fest, with mythic stuff, animatronics, prosthetic characters (ala Hellboy/Thing) and a fun treasuer hunter story. This is just great fun guys, it's GOTTA be done. I can almost see it now... in fact... I CAN see it now. Everyone likes Furries, right?

Supergirl: Honestly, todays angsty tween I-think-I'm-goth cutter generation needs a voice. I think the Oh-no-I'm-actually-evil Kara Zor El can give that to them, and provide a fun romp on the less traditional side of superherodom at the same time. Yah.

And I loved the Global Frequency Pilot... I would have watched that all the time if it had come on...

Daredevil: Born Again
Daredevil: the Murdok Papers
Cloak & Dagger
Walking Dead

GL1 said:
Black Panther: To say that this needs to be made is an understatement. Wakanda is an astounding backdrop for a movie, and Black Panther is a kick butt character with a rich history. He's bad as he wants to be, but he's also a very down to earth guy... and he has his fair share of angst and sensitivity... he bleeds for his people-- that's powerful stuff. This movie should have been made ages ago.

I've got the perfect idea for the plot:

Ulysese Klaw, an Eastern European scientist wanted for preforming several inhumane experiments, makes his way to the nation of Wakanda, which has no extradition treaties with the other neations of the world. Klaw requests access to Wakanda's Vibranium supply, but is denied. He is then contacted by the king's eldest son, Jakarra, who cuts a deal with Klaw. Later, Klaw, with a group of mercenairies, tries to steal some Vibranium while the king, T'Chaka, is inspecting the facility where it is held. In the insuing chaos, Klaw fights T'Chaka and shoots him in the head point blank, but not before losing his hand. He flees with the Vibranium, and Jakarra ascends to the throne. Jakarra then cuts a deal with Klaw: Klaw may preform all the experiments he likes and may fund them through any and all illegal activity, as long as he leaves the government of Wakanda alone and gives Jakarra a cut. Jakarra's younger brother, T'Challa, wants revenge for his father's death and knows that his brother was involved. But, unable to do anything, he leaves Wakanda and atends boarding school in America.

Many years later, T'Challa is a well educated young man in fine physical condition. When he learns that his mother is dying, he returns to Wakanda. After his mothers' death, he tells Jakarra, now a very corrupt leader who acts more like a mob boss than a king, that he has decided to remain in Wakanda, but wishes to live in the capital city and forgo the riches of the royal palace. He moves into the city and becomes a high school science teacher. The city, which was once a beautiful tribute to the enginuity of the people of Wakanda, is now run down and on the verge of colapse, as is the rest of Wakanda. T'Challa, however, has alterior motives. Donning the ceremonial garments of the Panther King, he takes up the role of an urban vigilante to clean up his country, taking out several gangs, including Klaw's criminal organization. This aided by his being able to steal samples of the heart shaped flower, a steroid like plant that the Panther King uses to become the greatest warrior in Wakanda, from the palace.

There would, probably, be three films. One where he fights and gets revenge on Klaw, seemingly killing him, one where he challanges Jakarra, who is now addicted to the heart shaped flower and incredibly paranoid, for the throne and takes his rightful place as king, and the final one with Klaw returning as a sort of ghost in the machine.

The Question said:
I've got the perfect idea for the plot:

Ulysese Klaw, an Eastern European scientist wanted for preforming several inhumane experiments, makes his way to the nation of Wakanda, which has no extradition treaties with the other neations of the world. Klaw requests access to Wakanda's Vibranium supply, but is denied. He is then contacted by the king's eldest son, Jakarra, who cuts a deal with Klaw. Later, Klaw, with a group of mercenairies, tries to steal some Vibranium while the king, T'Chaka, is inspecting the facility where it is held. In the insuing chaos, Klaw fights T'Chaka and shoots him in the head point blank, but not before losing his hand. He flees with the Vibranium, and Jakarra ascends to the throne. Jakarra then cuts a deal with Klaw: Klaw may preform all the experiments he likes and may fund them through any and all illegal activity, as long as he leaves the government of Wakanda alone and gives Jakarra a cut. Jakarra's younger brother, T'Challa, wants revenge for his father's death and knows that his brother was involved. But, unable to do anything, he leaves Wakanda and atends boarding school in America.

Many years later, T'Challa is a well educated young man in fine physical condition. When he learns that his mother is dying, he returns to Wakanda. After his mothers' death, he tells Jakarra, now a very corrupt leader who acts more like a mob boss than a king, that he has decided to remain in Wakanda, but wishes to live in the capital city and forgo the riches of the royal palace. He moves into the city and becomes a high school science teacher. The city, which was once a beautiful tribute to the enginuity of the people of Wakanda, is now run down and on the verge of colapse, as is the rest of Wakanda. T'Challa, however, has alterior motives. Donning the ceremonial garments of the Panther King, he takes up the role of an urban vigilante to clean up his country, taking out several gangs, including Klaw's criminal organization. This aided by his being able to steal samples of the heart shaped flower, a steroid like plant that the Panther King uses to become the greatest warrior in Wakanda, from the palace.

There would, probably, be three films. One where he fights and gets revenge on Klaw, seemingly killing him, one where he challanges Jakarra, who is now addicted to the heart shaped flower and incredibly paranoid, for the throne and takes his rightful place as king, and the final one with Klaw returning as a sort of ghost in the machine.
this sounds to me like it would make an EXCELLENT panther movie what say you ?

huntress-helena bertinelli version her story is just too easy to put film not to do it
supergirl- i like c.lee's ideas for a mommoth superman, batman wonder woman, darkseid story but i think this might be out of reach. if they could get all those characters together they would do a justice league movie.
teen titans/ nightwing- either here although raven on film is an exciting prospect
flash- wally west
cap america
i think the last two are virtually inevitable

1. "Superman,Batman, Supergirl" Graphic Novel (alos includes Wonder woman & Darksied)
2. Batman Aliens 2 series
shoul hit the screen

I would love to see at least a Hellboy JR cartoon movie or just for TV. It'll be so funny.

wanted.JPG

What if everything in your life was out of your hands and those around you propelled your fate? Your girlfriend left you for your best friend; your boss gave your job to someone better. What if then, after all this, someone gave you back total control? What if he revealed you were the next in line to join a secret society of super-villians that controlled the entire planet? Mark Millar and J.G. Jones provide a look at one man who goes from being the world's biggest loser to the deadliest assassin alive.

Think 'Fight Club' mixed with superhero.

I go along with those crossover movies.
DD v. Batman
supes v. hulk
batman v. predator
xmen v. JLA
spiderman v. superman
punisher v. batman
punisher v. daredevil
Like to see:
Razor/Crow
Lobo
superman v. Doomsday

Believe I read somewhere that superman v. batman is going to happen after each has a couple of movies behind their belts..As I recall i did hear Gothom city mentioned in Superman:Returns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"