Daredevil What did you not like about Daredevil Season 2? Spoilers Ahead

Then the Hand were crappily handled and Nabu was a bad "main" villain. His role had no heart and could have literally been anyone they wanted to plug in there.
:hehe:
I love the choice of words.
I think the character literally got his heart surgically removed.

(late to the party but...)

I didn't like Karen randomly getting all these jobs so easily. She's their secretary, but now she's questioning witnesses and sitting in on the trial? Then she's just given a reporter job with no credentials? What is she going to do next, become a doctor? It felt so forced.

I didn't like how Matt kept screwing over Foggy and their practice, though I understand why it happened. I'm curious to see how he'll move forward as a lawyer next season.

Quoting this from the other season's thread.
I just feel like Karen got a bit shoved down our throats last season. Even Comic Girl 19 agrees. I don't like that she had to be involved in every subplot. And that she had that flabby season closing monologue that didn't work at all. I still have no idea what she was trying to say. "You're a New Yorker and that means you're New Yorkian" or some such.
I don't mind Karen's role there there, I thought it was fine.
But I certainly agree on the stupid monologue.

I didn't really like Elektra. I feel like they could have made her character way deeper.

Karen getting a job as a reporter was kind of dumb. Did Ellison even know if she could write?

I didn't like how sidelined Foggy was compared to Karen. Can he be a more visible part of season 3, please?

Nelson and Murdock going belly up after only two seasons was disappointing. They hardly worked on any cases together.

I just thought of as couple other things:

Some of the fight scenes between the ninjas and Elektra and Matt looked rather fake. At times it seemed as though their punches weren't even connecting.

I didn't get why Stick and Matt gave Elektra a normal burial. They're aware that the Hand has a device that can bring the dead back to life, right? They should've cremated her.

I just thought of as couple other things:

Some of the fight scenes between the ninjas and Elektra and Matt looked rather fake. At times it seemed as though their punches weren't even connecting.

I didn't get why Stick and Matt gave Elektra a normal burial. They're aware that the Hand has a device that can bring the dead back to life, right? They should've cremated her.

The answer to that is easy: because they want Elektra back for future seasons

Wouldn't Matt want Elektra to be brought back to life though? I could see that he would have conflicting feelings about that.

Wouldn't Matt want Elektra to be brought back to life though? I could see that he would have conflicting feelings about that.

Yes, Matt would want Elektra brought back to life but Stick wouldn't.

They buried her in an unmarked grave. I assume no one was going to know about it but obviously the Hand is resourceful and found her.

Yes, Matt would want Elektra brought back to life but Stick wouldn't.

Right, but it seemed that Stick had more respect for Matt by the end, so maybe he let Matt make the choice. Or let and let, I'm not sure that Stick could've stopped it. Matt beat him once before.

Matthew is Catholic, he probably wanted to give her a funeral not contradicting with his religious belief.
What I'm reading now about the subject says cremation deprives the deceased an ecclessiastical funeral.

But you'd think Matt would be able to put aside his religious feelings since the fate of the world is at stake.

It really should've been revealed to Matt and Stick next season that the Hand could bring the dead back to life. Now we're stuck with a bit of a plot hole.

In no way is that a plot hole. You can disagree with Matt's choice to bury Elektra, but that isn't a plot hole. And is there a reason for Matt to believe that if Elektra is brought back, she will now be evil? Would Matt really see it as the world is at stake if she's brought back?

But you'd think Matt would be able to put aside his religious feelings since the fate of the world is at stake.

It really should've been revealed to Matt and Stick next season that the Hand could bring the dead back to life. Now we're stuck with a bit of a plot hole.
He's a devout, that made the choice of cremation harder.
And there is the reason Spider-Fan mentioned.

In no way is that a plot hole. You can disagree with Matt's choice to bury Elektra, but that isn't a plot hole. And is there a reason for Matt to believe that if Elektra is brought back, she will now be evil? Would Matt really see it as the world is at stake if she's brought back?
She was buried in a regular grave with an actual tomb in the comics... when Matt knew The Hand could come back to life. That is if I remember correctly. So the show went a little more realistic and had her in an unmarked grave.

He does know that the Hand want to get a hold of her to use her as an extraordinarily powerful weapon, and he's aware that she has a dark side that enjoys killing. Both good reasons to cremate his friend.

Everything involving The Hand. Never thought ninja battles could be that boring.

He does know that the Hand want to get a hold of her to use her as an extraordinarily powerful weapon, and he's aware that she has a dark side that enjoys killing. Both good reasons to cremate his friend.

She has a dark side, but that didn't stop her from rejecting the Hand and fighting together with Matt. And Matt was ready to run away with Elektra and spend his life with her, so wanting her to be brought back to life is not a plot hole. If he now wants her to be brought back to life. Considering it was one of the last scenes in the finale, it's too soon to know exactly what Matt's reasons were.

Keep in mind that Daredevil/Matt is still not fully aware knowledgable about the Hand resurrecting people and how they accomplish that. Did ever even actually speak to Claire Temple about how one of the dead Hand ninjas was basically a body that was previously autopsied in the past?

I don't mind Karen's role there there, I thought it was fine.
But I certainly agree on the stupid monologue.

I think it was one reason I missed Steven DeKnight last season. IMHO DeKnight is a very good TV writer and showrunner. I think he does a good job of polishing up and editing his shows and doing the big picture stuff better. Like I remember Spartacus' speech at the end of Blood and Sand and just being so moved by Andy Whitfield's monologue after everything he'd been through.

"I have done this thing because it is just! Blood demands blood! We have lived and lost at the whims of our masters for too long! I would not have it so. I would not see the passing of a brother for the purpose of sport. I would not see another heart ripped of chest for no course. For all those that wish this, then it is time...It is time. Your lives are your own! Forge your own path, or join with us and together we shall see Rome tremble!"

Last edited:
I think it was one reason I missed Steven DeKnight last season. IMHO DeKnight is a very good TV writer and showrunner. I think he does a good job of polishing up and editing his shows and doing the big picture stuff better. Like I remember Spartacus' speech at the end of Blood and Sand and just being so moved by Andy Whitfield's monologue after everything he'd been through.

"I have done this thing because it is just! Blood demands blood! We have lived and lost at the whims of our masters for too long! I would not have it so. I would not see the passing of a brother for the purpose of sport. I would not see another heart ripped of chest for no course. For all those that wish this, then it is time...It is time. Your lives are your own! Forge your own path, or join with us and together we shall see Rome tremble!"

I agree. There were some great monologues in season one, and I missed them in season two. I will say that Punisher's monologue in the graveyard was beautiful though, so hopefully we'll get more of that in season three.

The second season certainly wasn't as tight as the first. It was still excellent, and there's very few things about it that I felt didn't work, but the first season nearly perfect in my eyes, save for Foggy's performance and Daredevil's final suit (both of which drastically improved in season 2).

I do think that the second season was more ambitious than the first, even though it didn't quite stick the landing.

Its probably the Iron Man 2 Effect: its a sequel that wasn't originally planned, and so needed to fit into the space between the original and the big crossover.

Its probably the Iron Man 2 Effect: its a sequel that wasn't originally planned, and so needed to fit into the space between the original and the big crossover.

Goddard had outlined both seasons before he left.

IMO Season 2> Season 1.

Season 1 is more streamlined, where Season 2 gets almost unwieldly, trying to juggle everything. But I think the reason it works is because that actually reflects Matt trying to balance both sides of his life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"