What do you think is the greatest phrase in the world?

"Do unto others as you would have done unto you".

It is better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Those afraid of pain will never know glory.

A coward dies a thousand times, the warrior only once.

Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak, but tempers the strong.

Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

I will agree not to persecute you for your religious faith, if you agree to stop using it as a means to persecute others.

Men are mechanically inclined, first we Screw, then we Bolt.

live long and prosper.

With great power comes great responsibility.

One small step for man, one giant step for mankind.​

certain phrases evoke certain images or feelings in people. Which phrase(s) do you think resonate most with society? (you can thank bizarroaids for the idea of this thread)

yo momma

"i believe in making the world safe our children, but not our children's children. because i don't believe that children should be having sex."

Why So Serious?

Um Winning, Duh...

--------------
close thread

I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)

"Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

"Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

Mark Twain was a very wise man. My High school English teacher had that on a plaque hanging just above the blackboard. Then she went into her impersonation of Andy Griffith reciting Romeo and Juliet's balcony scene.

[YT]9ACx8vBuZek[/YT]

Last edited:
Isn't that from the bible? Book of Proverbs.

I've Got Balls of Steel

Recognize that the very molecules that make up your body, the atoms that construct the molecules, are traceable to the crucibles that were once the centers of high mass stars that exploded their chemically rich guts into the galaxy, enriching pristine gas clouds with the chemistry of life. So that we are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically. That makes me smile, and I actually feel quite large at the end of that. It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us.
- Neil Degrass Tyson

*bit long to be a phrase, but whatever.

It's a toss between "Nobody dies a virgin, the world f**ks us all." And, "C'est la vie."

There are two phrases. I'm not going to post them because they're pretty vulgar, but I'm sure BizAids can chime in on at least one of them.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - GRETZKY

Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"