What do you think of Spielberg's ''Hook''?

lime

Movie critic
Reaction score
Hook is one of my favorite movies, but a lot of people does not like it at all. What side are you on? You like it, why? You don't like it, why?

Hook along with Jurassic Park were the last of his 'Amblin' type films (IE the old Spielberg). Movies filled with awe and movie magic.

I loved Hook. Aside from a bit of sappy cheese at the very end I always liked this film a lot. Dustin Hoffman was the perfect Cpt. Hook!

I just like it because it was a film that I identified with my childhood, it was just one of those films that I watched constantly. I don't know, I just found it very entertaining. I enjoyed Hoffman's Hook, Williams' *****y Peter who eventually steps up to the plate and I loved to hate that little kid too (Peter's son). Indeed, an enjoyable romp all together. :yay:

I love the movie. Never get tired of watching. The third act is 'tarded as hell, though.

I loved Hook as a child. I should go back and watch it again.

I absolutely love the movie except for Rufio's death that is incredibly sad. Hoffman was perfect as Capt. Hook and Robin makes a very good older Peter Pan.

i dont see how anyone could hate it lol

It ain't perfect, not by a long shot, but I've always greatly enjoyed it. It's probably the biggest "nostalgia movie" for me; it was the first movie I can remember seeing and it made a giant impact on me, which continues to this day. But I think that was the point, it was made for kids and sometimes kids are the only ones who can get it. One of the Beard's most underrated.

The score by John Williams is a complete masterpiece, by the way.

Rufio! Rufio! Rufio! RU-FI-OOO!

Just had to say it.

Hook is awesome. It's got some cheese but apart from that, I like the concept and the cast is good. Hoffman as Hook is the closest thing to being badass in a Disney film.

It ain't perfect, not by a long shot, but I've always greatly enjoyed it. It's probably the biggest "nostalgia movie" for me; it was the first movie I can remember seeing and it made a giant impact on me, which continues to this day. But I think that was the point, it was made for kids and sometimes kids are the only ones who can get it. One of the Beard's most underrated.

The score by John Williams is a complete masterpiece, by the way.

Yeah, ''You are the Pan'' is one of the greatest score track ever!

i honestly thought that Hoffman is still the best live action Hook.Even better than Jason Issacs' Hook.

I loved it. I think I saw it 3 times in the theater. Yeah, it's definitely got some cheesy parts, but it's a fun film and an interesting take on the original Peter Pan story.

It's not my favorite Spielberg film, but I think it's OK. I remember seeing this one in the theater with my dad back in '91, and I particularly remember it because we went back and saw Star Trek VI later that day, and we both thought it was kinda weird when we heard the exact same line in both movies ("Second star to the right and straight on till morning"). :woot:

I do think that Hoffman and Hoskins really take the cake on this one, though. Those are easily my favorite scenes in the movie.

I've always loved this movie a lot, very underrated and it never fails to entertain. One of my favorite Spielberg movies in all honesty.

It's not my favorite Spielberg film, but I think it's OK. I remember seeing this one in the theater with my dad back in '91, and I particularly remember it because we went back and saw Star Trek VI later that day, and we both thought it was kinda weird when we heard the exact same line in both movies ("Second star to the right and straight on till morning"). :woot:

I do think that Hoffman and Hoskins really take the cake on this one, though. Those are easily my favorite scenes in the movie.

Damn, that is weird. I remember seeing Trek VI in the theater but I think I missed Hook. Hook is great movie though.

I loved Hook...Childhood memories...fantasy and all. It was awesome

I like it a lot. I've never understood why most people remember it as a bad movie.

Hook is the perfect example of a generational movie. People who grew up on it think it's awesome. Everyone else thinks it's kinda silly and below the Spielberg standard.

Absolutely love Hook! I will watch every time its on TV. I used to love Peter Pan as kid (still do) and saw Hook in theaters for my birthday. Great concept, wonderful performances from Williams, Hoffman, Hoskins, Roberts, and this movie also introduced me to the great Maggie Smith as Granny Wendy.

"Lookie, lookie, I've got Hookie!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"