What do you think of Spielberg's ''Hook''?

I don't understand those that don't like it. But I think it might mainly just be those from when it first came out due to higher expectations or something. Because from my gen (24 years old), only remember all of us liking it and chanting "rufeo!" lol.

I liked Hook because I was going through this Peter Pan phase thanks to Fox's animated " Peter Pan and The Pirates ", which was broadcast on televison during the time " Hook " was released.

I loved that show. Recently rewatched it actually, and still enjoyed it :)

I loved that show. Recently rewatched it actually, and still enjoyed it :)

That show was the SH#T ! Wasn't it !!

Captain Hook : I shall seize Peter Pan, and make him walk the plank !!

Peter Pan : Not today, Captain Codfish !! Or shall I say, Admiral Anchovie !!

Captain Hook : We shall see, Boyeeeee !!

I never understood why Capt. Hook always said Boyeee, like Flava Flav.

I always liked this verison of Captain Hook because he wasn't an idiot like Disney's.

I like it a lot, it's a great "What if" tale. The costumes and sets are fantastic, and Dustin Hoffman as Captain Hook? Hell yes.

I can only assume people that don't like it either never read Sir Barrie's original Peter Pan works, or just had a rotten childhood.

I liked "Hook" when I was a kid, but I'm not sure if I would enjoy it as much now, similar to how I liked "ET" as a kid but when I tried to watch it again awhile back I couldn't finish it. :csad:

I liked it when I was 9. A lot. I think it's nearly unwatchable now and probably the worst movie Spielberg has ever made.

Interesting concept. Terrible movie but I love it

One good thing came out of this film. Peter's daughter. :wow:

MV5BMTQ0NjI5MTk1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDEwMDk5MQ@@._V1._SX479_SY700_.jpg

I liked Hook but the film did seem off /:

I didnt like Tink turning big and kissing Peter, that weirded me out as a kid that whole scene. Felt inapropriate.

And the Ginger kid, Jack was such a little bastard. He nearly ruined the movie for me.

I liked it when I was a kid. Now, not so much. Dustin Hoffman is terrific, he makes it watchable, and he's the only one - behind the camera or in front of it - whose heart seems in it. Tonally it feels off, it has too little energy, and it's actually pretty dreary.

I love this movie so much. Spielberg should be slapped for not being proud of his own work. Dustin Hoffman was perfect as Captain Hook.

this is awesome!!!

I LOVE HOOK!

time for the epic thread bump!!!

25th Year Anniversary
CpaxhOzXEAA7W8x.jpg

Whoa, the kid in the top hat grew up to be Tim Blake Nelson. :o

But who's the kid on the lower right? I don't even think he had a speaking role in the movie.

Can't lie... It's not a good movie, despite it's ambitions. That said... It's a shame Williams isn't around to be in those pictured.

Its great! Such a cool idea. I love how peter is such a serious dick at the start and slowly returns to his old ways. The imaginary food eating scene is also great.

Sorry but... It ain't good for me and lots. It's pretty lackluster. I was fifteen when it came out and I didn't like it then and I've seen it a couple times since to reappraise it and didn't like those times.

Sorry but... It ain't good for me and lots. It's pretty lackluster. I was fifteen when it came out and I didn't like it then and I've seen it a couple times since to reappraise it and didn't like those times.

Hook is one of those polarizing movies. I saw it when I was probably 4, loved the hell out of it, didn't realize it was considered one of Spielberg's worse until much later, didn't care because I still loved it because of the nostalgia. Everyone who I've talked to who likes or loves the movie first saw it when they were a kid. Everyone who was older when they saw it, not so much.

Videos with the Lost Boys too. Get the Kleenex out for the Robin Williams tribute. :csad:

[YT]tYuZ8zTuACw[/YT]

[YT]mNf0zcBcqn0[/YT]

Hook is fantastic and one of my fav movies of all time. I don't see what people dislike about it. The acting is great, the casting was perfect, the music and sets and jokes and just everything was so remarkably put together. I have yet to see a family adventure film in this day and age with that much heart and emotion. The themes in the film are so rich and complex for its target audience, it gets me to tear up every time. I honestly don't understand the hate. So much love for this movie. So much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"