What do you think will be the next DC/WB movie franchise?

gugumugats

SKIDOOOOOSH!!
Reaction score
After Batman, Superman, and Green Lantern what do you think will be the next DC/WB movie franchise?

Wonder Woman or The Flash.

For some reason, I am seeing it in terms of who can sell more toys. On top of his recent popularity in comics, I think this is how GL got developed into a film franchise AND an animated series. GL can sell constructs, various corps, and spaceships.

I think Wonder Woman can sell A LOT given her iconic status.

The Flash is something of a challenge. I think he can sell toys via The Rogues OR variant time travel/alternate universe based costumes a la Legends of the Dark Knight (cowboy Flash!!! or pirate Flash !!! or future Flash !!). They can even license the Flash to various sporting goods.

Worlds Finest leading into Justice League leading into individual WW and Flash films.

The WB needs to go get the Wachowski's on a Flash trilogy stat. The Matrix proves to me, beyond any reasonable doubt, that they are idealy suited to take on the Flash Universe. This is their Spider-Man in my opinion. The relateable everyman hero type, both with the Wally and Barry incarnations (and Jay is pretty down to Earth as well). It also contains the high concept Sci-Fi Batman lacks, without beating you over the head with it like Green Lantern does. Flash is an ideal movie character from top to bottom.

Silver Age Flash, in my opinion, is the most underrated superhero ever created. His popularity should rival Spider-Man.

Last edited:
Is this "who should be next?", "who would work best next?", or "who will be next?"

"Should" is Wonder Woman, to fill out the big three. "Works best" would probably be either Flash or Green Arrow, both could be sold to the audience. "Will"? Going by WB's track record of wise decisions, probably a really bad JLA movie.

What I really, really want from DC is Sandman, written by Gaiman himself, directed by Terry Gilliam. This is my dream. Make it happen DC!

Gilliam and Gaiman in charge is an excellent idea. But it needs to be TV series. Sandman's one great big huge epic and a two hour movie would have to cut out too much.

Fair point. But I was thinking of adapting a specific storyline. Like Seasons of Mist. Open with the meeting of the Endless, setting up the mythos and what Dream and his "family" are. Then have him go into hell to get his mask back, culminating with a showdown with Luficer or something.

There is just too much mythology and too many characters in the whole series to get into a movie.

Is this "who should be next?", "who would work best next?", or "who will be next?"

"Should" is Wonder Woman, to fill out the big three. "Works best" would probably be either Flash or Green Arrow, both could be sold to the audience. "Will"? Going by WB's track record of wise decisions, probably a really bad JLA movie.

Great thinking. The answer depends on the question. But I think The Flash belongs in the "should" category as well.
With "works best", I cannot argue with you at all. GA and Flash are perhaps the top characters there.
And I see it this way; as Flash both works best and should (more than most of the others) be done next in line - the wisest choice is to put him out very soon.
The problem is Warner Brothers. They aren't known for wise decisions when it comes to classic DC superheroes.

Last edited:
What happened to Aquaman? Leonardo Dicaprio's company was meant to be producing it and was scheduled for a 2013 release.

Might be 2014 due to MOS' move.

What I really, really want from DC is Sandman, written by Gaiman himself, directed by Terry Gilliam. This is my dream. Make it happen DC!

First and only non-superhero response here. I agree with the other post, Sandman works best as a TV series (animated even).

I just realized that The Invisibles was already adapted into a movie .... The Matrix.

So basically, the DC filmverse begins with Cavill as Superman in MoS.

He'll be in the Justice League with a reboot Batman and a reboot GL.

So basically, the DC filmverse begins with Cavill as Superman in MoS.

He'll be in the Justice League with a reboot Batman and a reboot GL.

Wouldn't bet on that. Just sayin.

It would be overkill to recast Superman... again.

I think he's saying don't bet on there being a JLA movie. I agree with him. It won't happen any time soon.

we don't really need a JL movie. a world's finest or a trinity film would be better off. its better that way instead of introducing a clusterf**K of characters in one film.

I think he's saying don't bet on there being a JLA movie. I agree with him. It won't happen any time soon.

That too. It's likely 10 years away and most of the suggested actors will be too old by then. I think you want a 30ish cast not a 40ish cast. Overall that is. A 40ish actor or two is OK but the idea is to skew the film young I'd think. Especially if the plan is sequels over a 10 plus year period.

Supes has another problem. WB loses the rights next year so eventually when there is a JL film, it's unlikely Supes will be in it.

I think that if DC wants to make a shared movie universe like Marvel they should make the introduction of Justice League as a trilogy, well, not exactly a trilogy as all movies would stand on their oun and only the last would be a JL movie.

The first would be World's Finest, to make a team-up between Superman and Batman, and to show that both characters can coexist in the same universe, next would be Trinity, to show that magic exists in thiss DC universe, with the movie being a team-up between Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, maybe fighting Ras-All Ghoul like in the Trinity 4 issues mini-series, having him use Bizarro and Artemis or another Wonder Woman villain.

Then there goes the Justice League movie, maybe have Darkseid attack? If not there are other cosmic threats in the DC universe that can be used, i think that if they instead decided to use the JL movie as way to introduce Flash, WW and other characters then it should be the original line-up without Superman and Batman, they didn't even appear much in the original JL comics, and i think it would still work as Flash and WW are popular in their oun right.

I don't think DC should or would copy Marvel's plan. It's just a logistical nightmare. For starters they haven't got the right people managing their comic properties. They've got Nolan, but he doesn't want to do any cross overs or anything. And as GL proved, they haven't got a clue what they are doing in terms of superheroes outside of Batman, maybe Superman.

Difference is, Marvel Studios is all about superhero movies. They are all on the same wavelength. They know what makes their characters work. They are unified in their vision. WB/DC? Not so much.

They should just focus on making really great solo movies. Then move on from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"