Do you think WB/DC will ever make a Wonder Woman movie?

This part is quite interesting.and could also pertain to his views on all female SHs.

3. Goyer insists She-Hulk was created, physically, as a “male power fantasy.” So, how about She-Hulk’s tremendous physique, Stan the Man? “As for her looking beautiful and curvy,” Lee tells Comic Riffs, “show me the superheroine who isn’t.”

Goyer needs to go and read Slott's She-Hulk run. Hilarious and actually pretty clever in the way it plays with the tropes of the genre.

This part is quite interesting.and could also pertain to his views on all female SHs.

That's a good point. We got caught up in Goyer's ignorance about Marvel characters and forgot to notice both of these guys have signed off on female comics heroes' bodies being extensions of the male power fantasy. They are originally intended to be sex objects. Tough times out here.

There's a reason Kill Bill, the highest acclaimed and most truly successful (thanks for the correction) all-action heroine starts with her getting raped.

A reference to "I Spit On Your Grave", a landmark of 70s cinema, which Quentin Tarantino idolises?

What was the reference, exactly? Are all rape-and-revenge plotlines a reference to said film?

Regardless, it's the same reason I Spit On Your Grave is both a despicable and beloved film. There's a reason it metes out very real, very personal violence to the woman and very fantastic, almost comical at times, violence to the men. People tend to gravitate to women being hurt more than men. Women in Refrigerators, most publicized victims on the nightly news, most gruesome deaths on procedural cases, and all of it is, in many ways, art mimicking life, so what does that say about the state of society? What appeals to them? What strikes the men as 'realistic' in terms of women being hurt? What strikes the women as 'relatable' in terms of being victimized?

I voted "Yes". It is only a matter of time until WW gets the right person with the right vision to shepherd her through the movie-making process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"