Homecoming What do you think will happend with sm?

spiderman2

Superhero
Reaction score
So with all the rumors about if sm will join the MCU or not or if sony may reboot ect what do you think will happen. I think he will go to the MCU has sony cant afford to really make sm movies any more with out losing money and we get some one new playing sm even though I want AG back they want to get ride of ever thing that was had to do with asm1 and 2.

Last edited:
Andrew stays with Sony, they make Amazing Spider-Man 3, but none of the spin-offs.

Andrew stays with Sony, they make Amazing Spider-Man 3, but none of the spin-offs.

If they do that do they forget about trying to have spidy fight the sinister six ?or do they have that in asm4 instead? Or do they just do karven in asm3 or what? Would asm3 still be 2018? Or would they maybe movie it up to 2017?

If they do that do they forget about trying to have spidy fight the sinister six ?or do they have that in asm4 instead? Or do they just do karven in asm3 or what? Would asm3 still be 2018? Or would they maybe movie it up to 2017?
Spidey fights the S6 in TASM3.
And they keep the movie as a 2018 release.

Spidey fights the S6 in TASM3.
And they keep the movie as a 2018 release.

My question is if you do that you are going to have to introduce at least 2 more villains and that is if you bring back the 4 villains form asm1 and 2. How do you in just one movie bring in 2 new villains and bring back 4 villains and make a good story to set them up in the movie to fight sm?

Don't see the Marvel deal happening.

We'll see what happens.

Marvel deal unlikely

Most likely sinister six in 2017, pushed back a year

Yes, I sense disappointment in all of this. I'd love to be wrong. I think Sony will continue making sh** and it doesn't matter what they call it.

My question is if you do that you are going to have to introduce at least 2 more villains and that is if you bring back the 4 villains form asm1 and 2. How do you in just one movie bring in 2 new villains and bring back 4 villains and make a good story to set them up in the movie to fight sm?
I don't know.
The way Sony handled the villains in this franchise is a disappointment.
They could take a lesson from the efforts behind the Winter Soldier, they showed at least 4 villains in that movie.

I hope TASM 3 makes <500M WW.

You don't hope TASM3 makes up for the mess that is TASM2?

You don't hope TASM3 makes up for the mess that is TASM2?
It's going to be worse... There's no coming back from TASM 2, it's all downhill from here brother. :down

Right now it's tied between the two options that seem the most likely.

Either they will work out some crazy deal that will lead to Spidey going back to Marvel, which means Andrew is out of the role, or the deal won't happen (because Sony will want a crazy amount and stipulations to give it up) and Sony will realize that they need to go forward, but be smart (which means no stupidity with a redeption Sinister Six) and Andrew Garfield will likely continue.

If a deal was not struck and I'm starting to think it wasn't, and Spider-Man stays at Sony, I won't pay money to see the film. Doesn't matter if it's ASM3 or S6 or whatever, they're not getting a dime from me. Maybe that will change. Maybe I'll be surprised and they'll actually turn things around and make something of good quality. I really don't care who makes the next Spidey picture but that's what I want and if Sony does it, then awesome. I have like zero confidence in them pulling that off. Spidey stays at Sony, I'll be extremely skeptical of every piece of news we get.

Spider-Man goes to the MCU without Andrew Garfield.
giphy.gif

Sony reboots
High possibility.

Sony does s6 and asm3 with AG
Would be a terrible move to still push a spin-off forward that will not only cost highly, but also have a 90% chance of it gaining more negative backlash than TASM2.

Sony does s6 and asm3 without AG
Read above.

He goes to the MCU with out AG
A pipe-dream that is possible, but is less likely than say Sony rebooting on their own. All we do know is that if Spidey goes home, AG is out.

He goes to the MCU but AG stays
Read above.

Sony does asm3 with out AG but no s6
Doubtful.

Sony does asm3 with AG but no s6
That's what I'd the most, honestly. Problem is you'd have to make S6 the villains in that film or else you may as well render what TASM2 established useless.

All in all, the most likely is Sony rebooting because they did it before and they could easily do it again. Difference now is box office/reception to it would be drastically different.

David Gonzalez from Forbes.com wrote a piece on Sony's options with Spider-Man. http://www.forbes.com/sites/davegon...pened-the-tangled-web-of-sony-and-spider-man/

I find it hard not to agree with his conclusion:

Its public perception that Sony Pictures Entertainment is not only making bad movies but is also holding back greater Sony investments, which is the problem that will eventually lead to Spider-Man returning home to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The character has never failed to bring in less than $700 million at the worldwide box office and the longer SPE holds onto Spider-Man with diminishing returns, the more pressure they will get to treat Spider-Man like an asset, not a property. The deal that was left on the table before Spider-Man was scuttled off Civil War was only contentious because Sony wanted to maintain creative control. Now, post-hack, if the choice is between sharing Spider-Man and avoiding stock-craziness or an outright sale, creative control might be beyond bargaining.

They are absolutely right. Sony, make a wise decision. Make the deal with Marvel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"