Sequels What do you want next?: X4 of spin-offs

Angamb

Avenger
Reaction score
After Wolverine spin-off being released next year, what would you love to see next?

Magneto and Young x-men, and other future new spin-offs.... or X-men 4?

This thread is made to see if we could start a new campaign about X4;
I've contacted with A1ant (http://xmenfilms.net/) and Matt (http://www.thexverse.com/) to have their colaboration, but firstly, we have to know if we the fans really want a new sequel, or spin-offs for the rest of our lifes.

days of future past please....with full on sentinels...

either that or age of apocalypse...

Is that X-men 4? or a new spin-off? hehe

I'd quite like apocalypse for 4 with days of future past as a spin off....

leave aoa for a future spin off...

2009: Wolverine (self explanatory)

2011: Magneto

Synopsis: Explores Lensher's youthful days. First thirty minutes as a boy in WW2. Then as a grown man for the rest of the movie. Construction of Cerebro and the fall out with Xavier. They dispute over Jean Grey and go their separate ways. Other mutants would include Beast, Mystique, and Sabertooth. Pretty much would be about Xavier's establishment of the school but mostly the rise of the Brotherhood.

2012: X-Men: The Beginning

Essentially a sequel to Magneto except this time from the Xavier perspective. Brotherhood would be largely absent. Team would include the core members of Storm, Jean, Cyclops, and Beast. Maybe have Emma Frost as well. Villains could even be the Hellfire Club. Jean struggles to control her powers. The Hellfire club could maybe try to take advantage of Jean's powers at a young age. Cyclops could be in the forefront of essentially a pheonix saga. Other appearances would include Gambit and Sebastian Shaw as Hellfire members. Ends with Xavier putting the mind blocks on Jean Grey.

X4: 2015
X5: 2018
X6: 2021

I think 2015 it´s too late to do X4.

The actors will be too much different from X3.... why not doing it in 2010?

Neither. Get the rights back from Fox.......but since we know that ain't happening, reboot the franchise and ditch Singer's tame and pedestrian vision. X-men deserve a spectacular vision worthy of the material.

An X4 would just make things worse and give Fox carte blanche to continue destroying the X-franchise.

It's very disapointing to see how lackluster the vision for X-men is--and will probably continue. Sigh.

It only depends of the writers and director.

A good director who likes the material and really respect it could do a great job, much much better than X3, that's not so difficult.

So a better sequel can be made, so I'm all for it.

I don't want to say bye bye to Ellen page, Ben Foster, Anna Paquin, Patrick Stewart, Halle Berry, James Marsden, etc, etc.

They could use them once again, at least for the last time, not leave all with X3.

I think 2015 it´s too late to do X4.

The actors will be too much different from X3.... why not doing it in 2010?

Man you just don't give up do ya... well guess no one can convince you so I'll stop trying...

hehe, I understand some people don't like Fox and want them to stop doing x-men movies, I don't like Fox either, but as I've said, with a good director, they can do a great X4, as good or more than X2...... so, why not? hehe

really...... why not?

don't you want a great X4?

with Gambit, Nightcrawler, Emma.... more the already introduced x-men. It can be really really good, so why not? hehe

No... its got nothing to do with how Fox would make an X-4. That lineup I put up there is just how I think Fox should/will continue the X-Men franchise based on what we have heard. The executives and producers have said they'd like to make a Magneto movie and possibly a Young X-Men spinoff at the very least before returning to an X-4. We had a lengthy conversation just a few days back in the other thread where I told you Fox has no intention of getting the cast back for an X-4 in the immediate future. Yet here you are giving me the same bull **** about how Fox can still get this cast together again and make a great X-4. Maybe they could, but that is not in the plan for now and Wolverine flopping won't change that line of thinking very much IMO. So I am left to assume that you think people are talking out of their asses when they say Fox has no intention of getting the cast together again for an X-4 so I am just not going to bother arguing about this again. Either that or you still think Fox is actually considering it in the near future (which they clearly are not based on the lastest sources and news we have gotten). Got to give you credit for being consistent at least.

No... its got nothing to do with how Fox would make an X-4. That lineup I put up there is just how I think Fox should/will continue the X-Men franchise based on what we have heard. The executives and producers have said they'd like to make a Magneto movie and possibly a Young X-Men spinoff at the very least before returning to an X-4. We had a lengthy conversation just a few days back in the other thread where I told you Fox has no intention of getting the cast back for an X-4 in the immediate future. Yet here you are giving me the same bull **** about how Fox can still get this cast together again and make a great X-4. Maybe they could, but that is not in the plan for now and Wolverine flopping won't change that line of thinking very much IMO. So I am left to assume that you think people are talking out of their asses when they say Fox has no intention of getting the cast together again for an X-4 so I am just not going to bother arguing about this again. Either that or you still think Fox is actually considering it in the near future (which they clearly are not based on the lastest sources and news we have gotten). Got to give you credit for being consistent at least.

ummmm that's not completely true. it's true they want to get their spin off over and done with first but they were mouthing off a lot that they want an X 4 done. and I have plenty of reports on it.

http://mutanthigh.com/smf/index.php?topic=2306.msg45226#msg45226

http://mutanthigh.com/smf/index.php?topic=1401.0

most of which was done during the time I worked at the Mutatis Mutandis site which was two year's ago now. but they keep getting back to it. beside too many people are holding them at their words so they have to do it.

but as those links show both producers said they are interested in doing a x-4. and I have some stuff from the cast members too. their just keeping quite cause their focusing on their now projects first and hoping not to screw up. they'll get back to it when their ready.

yes, one thing is the actual proyects and other is X4.

A big studio can change plans if they want it, so maybe next year, they decide to cancel Young x-men... who knows? and maybe they end accepting that X4 is a better way to continue the franchise.

none of us work with Fox, so we don't know what they'll do in the next years, we really don't know anything.

ummmm that's not completely true. it's true they want to get their spin off over and done with first but they were mouthing off a lot that they want an X 4 done. and I have plenty of reports on it.

http://mutanthigh.com/smf/index.php?topic=2306.msg45226#msg45226

http://mutanthigh.com/smf/index.php?topic=1401.0

most of which was done during the time I worked at the Mutatis Mutandis site which was two year's ago now. but they keep getting back to it. beside too many people are holding them at their words so they have to do it.

but as those links show both producers said they are interested in doing a x-4. and I have some stuff from the cast members too. their just keeping quite cause their focusing on their now projects first and hoping not to screw up. they'll get back to it when their ready.

Everyone is aware of those reports... everyone is aware of the fact that the younger actors have expressed interest in returning for more. The fact is... Fox has signed a director for Magneto and a script has already been pitched. And Penn has already been asked to pen the young X-Men spinoff. Originally we thought this was going to be a continuation of the younger characters we were exposed to in the films. But latest rumors reveal that they are leaning towards a prequel. Those are the bigger priorities right not whether you like that or not. Could they decide to scrap everything and green light X-4 in a year or so? Absolutely. But the chances of that happening at this point based on what we have been hearing? Probably less than 20% and that's being modest. Just trying to keep things in perspective here. Frankly I think we are better off with prequels so Fox can stay in their own little universe they created for themselves. Hopefully they give it back up to Marvel and we get X4-X-6 done right from the beginning. But frankly... you are just not being realistic if you are thinking X-4 is on the 2010/2011 slate at this moment and there have been no reports to change that inclination as of yet.

Everyone is aware of those reports... everyone is aware of the fact that the younger actors have expressed interest in returning for more. The fact is... Fox has signed a director for Magneto and a script has already been pitched. And Penn has already been asked to pen the young X-Men spinoff. Originally we thought this was going to be a continuation of the younger characters we were exposed to in the films. But latest rumors reveal that they are leaning towards a prequel. Those are the bigger priorities right not whether you like that or not. Could they decide to scrap everything and green light X-4 in a year or so? Absolutely. But the chances of that happening at this point based on what we have been hearing? Probably less than 20% and that's being modest. Just trying to keep things in perspective here. Frankly I think we are better off with prequels so Fox can stay in their own little universe they created for themselves. Hopefully they give it back up to Marvel and we get X4-X-6 done right from the beginning. But frankly... you are just not being realistic if you are thinking X-4 is on the 2010/2011 slate at this moment and there have been no reports to change that inclination as of yet.
seeing I never mentioned those dates of 2010/2011 I don't fit in that category of what you just tried to fit me in any way ;) as for marvel getting the right's back, I'm for it all the way. Iwas one of the first that said the should go independent. but i doubt it. fox seems adamant on fix what the problem is there was hints of them and marvel fighting but that died down and their doing all the spin offs and maybe pushing their fix ups along the way through that befor an x4. and BTW it's not just the younger actors interested in doing more as these movies links show

examples

Halle Berry wants you to have an X4
http://mutanthigh.com/smf/index.php?topic=2005.0

http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=20060815231443AA576H8

So I guess James marsden want's to be in the next bunch of films. well the man wants to keep working. so I don't see why he wouldn't. I think you guy's can find out about that for your selves. We'll see if other's of the original first cast will join or leave as some want Halle Berry to do. poor Halle

Rebecca Romjin talks X-men sequels
http://mutanthigh.com/smf/index.php?topic=2120.0

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...0526/20060526/

From eTalk Daily
http://www.ctv.ca/entertainment

seeing what was said in this Vid Link and cudmore talks about X-Men the Last stand and the possibility of X-4.
http://mutanthigh.com/smf/index.php?topic=1577.0

. they should just take their time with the story as he said.

since that was the main problem. (well more of one of the problems.) they are doing so(taking their time) so let them.

All these actors are being interviewed by fan boy reporters/web sites and who post these quotes on various fan boy blogs and message boards to generate hype. No actor is going to disrespect or let the fans down by saying "I am done with the role forever" unless they are just simply tired of the role or they want to shove it in fan boy's face. Point is actors will always express interest in returning. But the fact that you have to constantly ante up the salary in every subsequent film its a financially crippling obstacle that can not be overcome at this point. As for the 2010/2011 slate... if it doesn't happen by then it will definitely be recasted if and when it does happen... meaning we are getting recasts regardless until Fox moves it back into the forefront in the near future.

I have one thing clear: we won't hear anything about X4 from Fox until they release Wolverine.

One or two months after the release, we'll know what will be next step.

If by the end of 2009 X4 hasn't been announced, I'll stop waiting.

So for now, I'll just wait.

I'd like an X4... but it will be problematic because of re-negotiating contracts and it's unlikely to have Xavier, Cyclops, Magneto, Mystique or Jean... they basically ended the franchise and made it clear they were doing that to finish off storylines and contracts. It's possible to do an X4 - I even wrote one - but i doubt they will do it. I'd love to see Sentinels etc.

It's likely to be Wolverine, then a Young X-Men movie that could also be a restart showing what they will say are the early years before X1. Whether they do Magneto is anyone's guess, but i've a feeling they will want to do Young X-Men first because of featuring a young Cyclops and Gambit in Wolverine.

I'd like an X4 but will be equally content with Wolverine, Young X-Men and Magneto if they are done right.

All these actors are being interviewed by fan boy reporters/web sites and who post these quotes on various fan boy blogs and message boards to generate hype. No actor is going to disrespect or let the fans down by saying "I am done with the role forever" unless they are just simply tired of the role or they want to shove it in fan boy's face. Point is actors will always express interest in returning. But the fact that you have to constantly ante up the salary in every subsequent film its a financially crippling obstacle that can not be overcome at this point. As for the 2010/2011 slate... if it doesn't happen by then it will definitely be recasted if and when it does happen... meaning we are getting recasts regardless until Fox moves it back into the forefront in the near future.
actually no those are news articals done on a message forum I ran for half the decade, on a fan site yes but if your trying to write that off it's "very strange" cause of how your hanging here of all places cause this place is even more of a fan boy site then where I got my sources back then . and the last two links are from national news sites owned by tv stations connected to real new networks that I know they have access to reaching those stars in those movies and the producers as well and they give me info at times. as to recasts and date setting I'm letting the people involved in making the movies do that since their the ones involved in that. if you don';t mind. it's always been up to them to do that not us.

I have one thing clear: we won't hear anything about X4 from Fox until they release Wolverine.

One or two months after the release, we'll know what will be next step.

If by the end of 2009 X4 hasn't been announced, I'll stop waiting stop.

So for now, I'll just wait.
well that's a better and smarter attitude. But unfortunately I think they'll let us know when their good and ready. the annoying thing is after some as said this and they do that after the dead line some fan has said/ set this. the don't move to our beat they movie to theirs. andthey have more then those two Spin off's set. they even talked about an emma frost Spin off of all things and a few more with with some of the stars like rogue one and more. I'd give them more time then that. But that's up to you.

actually no those are news articals done on a message forum I ran for half the decade, on a fan site yes but if your trying to write that off it's "very strange" cause of how your hanging here of all places cause this place is even more of a fan boy site then where I got my sources back then . and the last two links are from national news sites owned by tv stations connected to real new networks that I know they have access to reaching those stars in those movies and the producers as well and they give me info at times.

I know an X4 is possible because I wrote one (well, a treatment and many scenes). :grin:

I'm sure those actors are expressing the possibility, which must be being discussed or have been discussed at some point.

If it didn't have Jackman, McKellen or Stuart it would cut the salary bill. It would be just Halle as the returning big star - and any other big names they brought in for other roles. I'd want a big name for my villain role at least.

I'd like an X4... but it will be problematic because of re-negotiating contracts and it's unlikely to have Xavier, Cyclops, Magneto, Mystique or Jean... they basically ended the franchise and made it clear they were doing that to finish off storylines and contracts. It's possible to do an X4 - I even wrote one - but i doubt they will do it. I'd love to see Sentinels etc.

It's likely to be Wolverine, then a Young X-Men movie that could also be a restart showing what they will say are the early years before X1. Whether they do Magneto is anyone's guess, but i've a feeling they will want to do Young X-Men first because of featuring a young Cyclops and Gambit in Wolverine.

I'd like an X4 but will be equally content with Wolverine, Young X-Men and Magneto if they are done right.
ummmm please look at the news artical after the Rebecca Romjin artical the etalk one.
they said they'd do more if the fans want more. the fans have to push/ ask for it though

there was tones of video there as well, but i guess you have to ask that site directly for that. but they said that.

As for Hugh Jackman he already cut half his salary to make the wolverine movie since he's one of the producers. it was shown in the "entertainment tonight" Canada news. and it was made big deal of since it's first announcement.

I wanted to make a new campaign.... but I think it will be better when Wolverine is released.

But at the same time, I'm afraid everyone end loving Wolverine movie and forget X4, and Fox decides to do a Wolverine sequel then.

actually no those are news articals done on a message forum I ran for half the decade, on a fan site yes but if your trying to write that off it's "very strange" cause of how your hanging here of all places cause this place is even more of a fan boy site then where I got my sources back then . and the last two links are from national news sites owned by tv stations connected to real new networks that I know they have access to reaching those stars in those movies and the producers as well and they give me info at times. as to recasts and date setting I'm letting the people involved in making the movies do that since their the ones involved in that. if you don';t mind. it's always been up to them to do that not us.

Yeah but who is the questionaire? I am certain it is probably some fanboy comic book expert who covers a lot of these comic book films for these news outlets. Even reputable sources have those kinds of guys working for them. Their ain't nothing wrong with it. When you are being interviewed in a public setting... whether its the premiere (or shortly there after)... Comic-Con... what not... you know fanboys are watching and listening. You are going to tell reporters (whomever they might be) you'll be willing to do more. Unfortunately Fox is unwilling so its a mute point.

No X-Men 4. It will be too difficult and expensive to get the cast back together, and it would be pointless to have a random fourth installment to a complete trilogy. In response to fans, Rothman promised more X-Men movies and Fox is delivering X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Magneto, and what appears to be a prequel of sorts.

Yeah but who is the questionaire? I am certain it is probably some fanboy comic book expert who covers a lot of these comic book films for these news outlets. Even reputable sources have those kinds of guys working for them. Their ain't nothing wrong with it. When you are being interviewed in a public setting... whether its the premiere (or shortly there after)... Comic-Con... what not... you know fanboys are watching and listening. You are going to tell reporters (whomever they might be) you'll be willing to do more. Unfortunately Fox is unwilling so its a mute point.
ummmm with the people at etalk and et canada and are conected through ctv a national news site. their just normal reporters who have nothing on the comics prior. The people at hyper space deal in sci fi cause their the canadian version of the sci-fi channel. and are vry well know to the people that they have interviewed.

and ether way all people dealing with the entertainment news bizz are supposed to ask if there will be a sequel, if the movies made a huge load of money the time it opens. you don't need to be a fan boy for that. It's reporters 101.

Anyway let fox tell people they won't or will do some thing . fox has stated in the past they want one any way they'll let us know that's all I'm saying.

No X-Men 4. It will be too difficult and expensive to get the cast back together, and it would be pointless to have a random fourth installment to a complete trilogy. In response to fans, Rothman promised more X-Men movies and Fox is delivering X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Magneto, and what appears to be a prequel of sorts.
How is it random when their the one's partly pushing for it and their plan was for it to go on as long as the spider man movies went on? which was 7 movies as well. with the add spin off's in prequel and sequel form to boot. Btw if you haven't figured it out the wolverine movie is a prequel which leads him to his present day in the film. so it's not all past event's be for he met the X-Men. kinda the same with mags too. I'm just taking the wait an see approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"