What does Alan Moore actually like??

kainedamo

Superhero
Reaction score
So Alan Moore seems like a picky kinda guy. I respect the hell out of Alan Moore, and I think he has every right to not throw his support behind movie projects based on his work. But he seems to be quick to judge. He also doesn't seem to be a big movie fan in the first place. And a guy that has such immensely detailed work, with such picky tastes, what's he actually like that's not his own work?

What films does he like?
What comic books does he read?

If he's said what he enjoys in interviews please post here.

Look at his influences, and you'll see what he likes. He likes things that are reverent to their inspirational sources, and he likes philosophy. Lots and lots of philosophy.

As far as comic books go, he's a fan of pretty much anything Golden/Silver Age. He doesn't like the 70s comics, though.

2n84ute.jpg

also...

2ytycjm.png

I guess he likes The Dark Knight Returns, since he wrote an introduction for it. The Leauge of Extarordinary Gentleman shows he likes literature, you know, the classics. And I guess he likes Bob Dylan. He cited his songs twice in Watchmen. And he could've written 'Desolation Row' himself.

I knew he was a fan of South Park and The Simpsons. Anyone know what movies he likes?

Read his stuff. You'll see what movies he likes.

He loves long walks on the beach and candle lit dinners with that...special someone.

And that special someone is Neil Gaiman.

I hope he likes dinosaurs.
littlefootqn3.gif

Is it possible that maybe he's just not a fan of the film industry?

Like everyone else he likes drinking a coup of tea on a Monday morning and reading a copy of Watchmen. :word: :oldrazz:

He enjoyed the first seasons of the Sopranos, now he prefers another one (The Wire, maybe?)
One of his favorite movies ever is Jean Cocteau's "La Belle e la Bete".

I'm fairly sure that hes a huge fan of the art of Rob Liefeld, since he did everything in his power to give that guy and his characters some credibility.

So what's Moore's trip?

VFV was a good movie, so why wasn't he behind it again? I forget.

So what's Moore's trip?

VFV was a good movie, so why wasn't he behind it again? I forget.

Well, for one thing, they made it into a subtle critique of the Bush administration, and a tad anti-American, two things which were not at all in the original graphic novel, obviously.

Well, for one thing, they made it into a subtle critique of the Bush administration, and a tad anti-American, two things which were not at all in the original graphic novel, obviously.

And the movie lacked the key aspects of the fascist governement: The Fingermen, The Ear, The Nose, etc.

And they toned down the whole message really and made it into a friendly hollywood movie.

How much of a change is that, really? I just see that as putting a little current-events slant on an otherwise universal theme; it's not something I'd personally call unfaithful or anything. I ask because a lot of people seem to make a big deal out of it, but I don't really see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"