What drugs should be legal?

blind_fury

Avenger
Reaction score
What drugs should be legal and why?

multi-choice poll coming soon.

Childlike Wild said:
For personal use by adults? All of them. Why? Because adults should be allowed to make their own decisions.
Once you use an highly addictive substance you lose any "choice". You're pretty much forced to use it.

Childlike Wild said:
Adults should be able to make their own decisions, as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others. You can't murder me, because it infringes upon my right to live. I can't smoke pot legally because.... ? Right.
I agree.

(Note: I don't smoke pot. I shouldn't need a disclaimer, but I want one. Also, like many pot smokers, I'm too lazy to move this post to a new thread.)
That's OK. I'm not too lazy to move it. and the funny thing is I AM a weed head. :)

*Sigh* Because Blind_Fury is a 'weed head' and as such has poor hand-eye coordination, here is my reply from a now redundant thread...

Flame on! said:
Many class-A drugs results in violent and abusive behavior, medical emergencies, police involvement, domestic abuse etc. I don't think understaffed hospitals would appreciate more patients as a result of heroin becoming legalised. I'm not sure that the Police would appreciate the extra workload in cases of violence (they have enouigh of that already with alchohol). I'm also convinced that Carole at No. 23 would not appreciate the bruises that appear on her body when her husband Gary gives these perfectly legal drugs a go...

Your argument is ridiculous.

No, they can put that extra effort in. It's hardly back breaking labour.

Incidently, another con towards legalising drugs would be the increased cases of HIV.

Flame on! said:
No, they can put that extra effort in. It's hardly back breaking labour.
lazy bastard! :p

Flame on! said:
Many class-A drugs results in violent and abusive behavior, medical emergencies, police involvement, domestic abuse etc. I don't think understaffed hospitals would appreciate more patients as a result of heroin becoming legalised. I'm not sure that the Police would appreciate the extra workload in cases of violence (they have enouigh of that already with alchohol). I'm also convinced that Carole at No. 23 would not appreciate the bruises that appear on her body when her husband Gary gives these perfectly legal drugs a go...

Flame on! said:

YOUR argument is ridiculous! Your forgeting the crime created by criminalizing a substance. Does the word PROHIBITION ring a bell. The crime rate skyrocketed when they made alcohol illegal in the 1930s. BIG MISTAKE! Now the same is going on with the drug war. If you legalized drugs, corporations would take away the drug trade from gangs and other criminals.

Flame on! said:
Incidently, another con towards legalising drugs would be the increased cases of HIV.

No, it would be the reverse. Dirty needles are the result of drugs being pushed into the underground and away from regulation. I don't like the idea of legalizing heroin, but this would certianly not be a reason to keep it illegel, its one of the problems that keeping it illegal has caused.

people should have the choice to destroy them selves if they want it's their choice.

I hate when people vote "none of the above" and don't defend their position. :mad:

I should've made this a public poll. :(

i'm not in an informed enough position to be giving open views of drug legislation.

Danalys said:
people should have the choice to destroy them selves if they want it's their choice.
yes. but when they get high and decide to beat up their wives, i think its pretty clear drugs should be illegal :down :o

Caffeine, Nicotine, Alcohol, Marijuana and Hallucinogenic Mushrooms,
could you make it quick, I've needed a good high for a long while.

A lot of natural drugs should be legal, NOT Cocain, Meth, etc.

FunBobPants said:
yes. but when they get high and decide to beat up their wives, i think its pretty clear drugs should be illegal :down :o
so alcohol should be illegal? :rolleyes:

8Ball2/JanG5 said:
A lot of natural drugs should be legal, NOT Cocain, Meth, etc.
What about ecstacy?

It's not terrible addictive and can be a very safe and pleasant experience.

blind_fury said:
What about ecstacy?

It's not terrible addictive and can be a very safe and pleasant experience.

I think if its regulated it has potential benifits far beyond most SSRIs. I seem to remember a study showing its success with victims of PTSD. LSD can also be a very positive substance that in its current distribution is unfortunatly more dangerous than it should be.

I put everything up to esctasy...after that was where I drew the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"