What if David Koepp....

Dark Phantom

Sing for me!
Reaction score
..wrote Spider-man 2? Infact, what if he wrote the third film as well?

Would his trilogy match or even improve upon what we already have?

I liked Spiderman 2 believe me, but I always wondered what David Koepp would have done with the sequel. He did a fantastic job with the first film in my opinion. The first Spiderman film is the reason why I'm a huge comic book fan today. I'm in no way complaining that Spiderman 2 was bad. Yet, one can't help but wonder a different variation of spiderman 2.

Obviously no chocolate cake girl:cwink:

It probably would have been similar, but the dialogue would not have been as well written.

Koepp has said that he would have jumped straight into the GG2 story, with Harry taking up Norman's mantle as Spider-Man 2's storyline. So instead of the awesome Doctor Octopus, we'd have had Harry as Green Goblin 2. I think he also wanted to introduce Gwen in part 2 as well.

Now as to the meat of his Spider-Man 2, we enter the murky waters of speculation: I think aside from GG2, he would have added the Symbiote Suit story, and develop a rivalry between Peter & Eddie, as well as development for Dr. Connors, studying the suit.

His Spider-Man 3 is really anyone's guess. I'm assuming he'd include Peter shucking the suit and then deciding to quit being Spidey after all the bad things he did in the suit. Then Venom appears, and Peter dons the suit to take down a manifestation of what he battled within throughout Koepp's Spider-Man 2.

-Morzan

Koepp has NO heart! He writes the bland big action movie. SM2 would have lacked real emotion if Koepp had written it. This is one reason that indiana Jones 4 worries me.

Now that said, I love Spider-Man part one, and it's a good story. However, it lacks the emotion, heart and action of SM2. I am very glad he had no hand in SM3.

Look at Alvin Sargent's work. He writes with real emotion. It shows in his vast body of work. From Paper Moon to Ordinary People. He is the real deal.

On that note, Raimi credited scenes like the one between Peter and Mary Jane in their backyards in the first movie to Sargent.

I'm sorry but those scenes sucked, Peter sounded ******ed and MJ just looked ******ed.

I'm sorry but those scenes sucked, Peter sounded ******ed and MJ just looked ******ed.

Adding "In my opinion" goes a long way. Those scenes in my opinion, were heartfelt and poignant. Koepp writes big Hollywood crap, only made good by directors like Raimi or Spielberg. Sargent writes good stuff made even better by great directors.

I hope Raimi reconsiders hiring Koepp for SM4.

Koepp's original script has been posted online before. When the first movie was being made it wasn't hard to find. It's dated like April of 2000.

I think the final product we got ended up being much better. People like Sargent gave the writing some substance and the scenes that grounded the movie for audiences and critics.

Koepp's draft, well I don't think it was terrible, it was more of the typical Hollywood movie variety. Of course it has more villains (Doc Ock included) crammed in. It was the right move to separate Doc Ock and Goblin into their own films.

Also:

I thought it was pretty stupid when Peter steals a Spider-man costume in a costume shop before the big climax.

Koepp's original script has been posted online before. When the first movie was being made it wasn't hard to find. It's dated like April of 2000.

I think the final product we got ended up being much better. People like Sargent gave the writing some substance and the scenes that grounded the movie for audiences and critics.

Koepp's draft, well I don't think it was terrible, it was more of the typical Hollywood movie variety. Of course it has more villains (Doc Ock included) crammed in. It was the right move to separate Doc Ock and Goblin into their own films.

Also:

I thought it was pretty stupid when Peter steals a Spider-man costume in a costume shop before the big climax.

Ah, Product Placement...gotta love it! :o

-Morzan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"