What if FOX made their own 'Cinematic Unievrse'?

BatsDC

Side-Kicker
Reaction score
Now, I know they don't have that many properties, but, what if FOX announced that they were going to make their own movies continuity, with FF and Daredevil reboots that would become a part of the X-Men universe? What would everyone think about this, would anyone love it? Or hate it?

I have no idea why they have not done this yet - I guess they are just short sighted. They could have had Matt Murdock drop off some legal papers at the Baxter, or Reed giving the Beast or Professor X a call, just to tie things together. At least Franklin Richards name appears in an X-Men film, that's about as close as they have gotten so far.

Technically they already have, because Daredevil, Elektra and Fantastic Four are dead franchises. Counting X-Men: First Class, they now arguably have 3-4 interconnecting franchises if you count Deadpool.

I don't think it's a matter of shortsightedness. It's more a matter of the properties not really meshing well at all. What good does it do to have five or six superheroes in a world packed full of mutants? Or to mix cosmically powered superheroes with a street level hero like Daredevil? Fantastic Four, Daredevil, X-Men, not a single one of those franchises mixes with either of the other two, and combining them would make the the whole weaker than the sum of its parts, not greater. It's an altogether bad idea.

One thing I do think they should do, though, is put out more X-Men movies. An idea they should take from the comics is the idea of the X-Men Gold and Blue teams. They've got so many characters that they can easily put out two concurrent movie franchises side by side, and interconnected. X-Men Gold Team movies and X-Men Blue Team movies. There'd be a few tie-ins here and there in both sets of movies, like Professor X, but for the most part each series of movie would have its own cast of characters, plotlines, and villains.

The X-Men Blue Team, which we'll call the Astonishing X-Men movies, for one, could feature Cyclops as team leader and have the Marauders, Mr. Sinister, and Apocalypse as the villains. Meanwhile the X-Men Gold Team, which we'll call the Uncanny X-Men movies, will be led by Storm and feature Arcade, Bolivar Trask, and the Sentinels as the villains.

So while should absolutely NOT mix the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Daredevil together, they can certainly expand the X-Men universe a bit, and to pretty good effect.

well they are sort of doing that by having the Wolverine sequels and the First Class trilogy going at the same time. Plus they could give us an X4 when ever they liked, and if you count the Deadpool solo movie...

True, but it's not quite the same as what I'm talking about. So far the only new movies to come out since the X-Men trilogy were prequels (X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men: First Class), and even then neither of them are set in remotely the same eras. What I'm talking about are two separate movie trilogies (or more, depending on how successful they are) which run effectively simultaneously. I.E. While Cyclops' team is out fighting Apocalypse in Egypt, Storm's team is duking it out with the Reavers in the Australian Outback, and Professor X shows up in both sets of movies, along with one character or another from either team making occasional cameo appearances in the movies of the others. Just like the Gold/Blue era of the X-Men from the 90's. That's what I mean, and personally I think that'd be pretty nice.

I say do them all - prequels, multi-part simultaneous series, solo adventures - the works!

I always thought Lucas missed the boat by not doing "side bar" stories set with in the STAR WARS universe, but featuring either solo adventures of guys like Han or Lando, or fleshing out supporting characters, etc. I know he did those horrible Ewok Adventures, but I am not really counting those since they were such crap and featured the Ewoks of all characters...

Hey, no complaints from me. I'm looking forward to X-Men: First Class myself. I just want some forward movement in the X-Men Universe. Particularly after the FUBAR that was X3. I want the mess they made with that movie cleaned up and Cyclops, Jean, and Professor X brought back.

You know what'd be interesting, too? Given that both Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart are getting up in years, they could deage both characters just as they were deaged in the comics. Magneto by being reduced to an infant by the mutant Alpha and then returned to his prime, and Xavier through a cloned body courtesy of the Shi'ar. If they do something similar, then they could replace both McKellan and Stewart with Fassbender and McAvoy. Which is another good reason to come out with an X-Men sequel. Set things up so that one or both characters are deaged, thus preventing us from awkwardly recasting Magneto when McKellan finally slips and falls in the shower.

Would they be able to? I mean, wouldn't that mess with the contracts because they could have someone in one franchise's film and say it fulfilled the obligation of another.

Captain Marvel - I think Fox set up a "new" professor X at the end of X3. His mind is now in a new body, and once he's out of bed [and shaved?] he could be most anyone, so they are half way there already.

id like to see someone do that and it dosent have to involve super heroes

Captain Marvel - I think Fox set up a "new" professor X at the end of X3. His mind is now in a new body, and once he's out of bed [and shaved?] he could be most anyone, so they are half way there already.

Well, no they had Patrick Stewart say the dialogue, and he was the person in the bed, even though we didn't see him. The plan was to have that be Xavier's brain dead twin brother, and continue from there. But who knows what the plan for the future holds.

Also, Fox is too dumb to do a crossover with the Fantastic Four.

They're sort of trying to make x-men spin-offs as their oun cinematic universe but since Franklin's name was in x-2 they should have tried to connect more with FF in the present and x-men in the not so distant future.

They're sort of trying to make x-men spin-offs as their oun cinematic universe but since Franklin's name was in x-2 they should have tried to connect more with FF in the present and x-men in the not so distant future.

Odds are that Franklin Richard's name was in the movie because somebody doing the computer readouts was a geek and threw it in. I doubt Fox even knew.

Eh no

X-Men should just stay with the X-Men universe. They don't need to work with Fantastic Four, Daredevil and Elektra.

I agree with psylockolussus.
If Fox just signed a contract with Marvel to have exclusivity to the X-Men Universe, and reverted every other property back to Marvel, I think it would work out great on both sides. In canon, the X-Universe remains "separate but equal" from every other title (you almost NEVER see the other heroes intervening in the many X-title crossover crises that threaten mutantkind, and similarly never see more than one or two X-Men ever joining the fray when The Avengers are saving humanity), so it would work out just fine for the Film Universe as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"