What if Loeb wrote Hush Returns instead?

trustyside-kick

The Marine Marvel
Reaction score
Now, this is not some Loeb supporter thread or anything.

The only reason why I am making this is to see people's views on this because it seems that a lot of people disliked Hush Returns and Hush Vs. Joker Round 2. Also, appearently Gotham Knights series has ended and people blame those two stories which makes sense.

Don't you think that if Loeb wrote it it would have been better? After all, his storyarc Hush was when the villain was created. Maybe if he was the writer for Hush Returns at least it would have been better.

I believe I asked this in another thread but never got a response...what is QFT?

Quoted for truth.

Because Loeb would have written a sequel to Hush much better than the crap we got from Lieberman.

Honestly......the stuff we got....it didn't even make sense. First it was Tommy....then it wasn't Tommy....then it is Tommy......then Batman sets Tommy up at the end to get killed by the Joker.......wtf??

And....the thing, with the Joker talking to birds and using them as attack dogs....training them (wtf?!!) to attack.......seriously.......horrible horrible stuff.

if leob had written Hush returns it would of been great...because Leob is the best writer in the world :)

but really, i don't think they should of used Hush again, not for a couple years at least.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
And....the thing, with the Joker talking to birds and using them as attack dogs....training them (wtf?!!) to attack

Yep,that's Penguin's gig not Joker's.

Also in Hush Returns,Joker was named as Jack,and we found out his wife was murdered and the Riddler witnessed it all.I mean what rubbish is this?? That completely pisses all over the Killing Joke's origin.

Ya..after re-reading those parts in the story at Barens and Noble I never understood why Joker would have those birds to do his bidding. :down

Yep,that's Penguin's gig not Joker's.

Also in Hush Returns,Joker was named as Jack,and we found out his wife was murdered and the Riddler witnessed it all.I mean what rubbish is this?? That completely pisses all over the Killing Joke's origin.

Eactly. The Penguin does the bird thing......since when does the Joker do that??

And the thing with his wife......it sucked it. Sucked. It. Hard.

As Zev once brilliantly remarked, A. J. Lieberman is DC's answer to Chuck Austen.

Unfortunately, with the way Loeb has been writing of late, I don't think he could've even pulled off that great of a story - but it would be better, definitely better than Lieberman's.

CConn said:
As Zev once brilliantly remarked, A. J. Lieberman is DC's answer to Chuck Austen.

Unfortunately, with the way Loeb has been writing of late, I don't think he could've even pulled off that great of a story - but it would be better, definitely better than Lieberman's.

You did not like Hush I am guessing? I loved it.

Loeb started going downhill in '04, after Hush.

Personally, I think it's overrated, but still enjoyable.

hippie_hunter said:
Quoted for truth.

Because Loeb would have written a sequel to Hush much better than the crap we got from Lieberman.

OH............ heh. I thought is might have been Quite F***** True. Oh well.

Revieling more about The Joker's origin in Gotham Knights issues #51-#54 does not take anything away from The Killing Joke. It made sense and was probably one of the best stories the creative team of Gotham Knights offered.

After that story arc, the book went in a wrong direction.

If Loeb had wrote it, I might have read it. I'd love to see Loeb and Lee team up again.

Unless Lee moves to Marvel there won't be a team-up with Lee and Loeb for a while unless Loeb is still under contract with DC.

Bullseye said:
Unless Lee moves to Marvel there won't be a team-up with Lee and Loeb for a while unless Loeb is still under contract with DC.
Oh I forgot about that. Loeb's on Ultimates.

That and "Onslaught Reborn" with Rob Liefeld as the artist.

Lee and loeb were supposed to do 6 more issues

of Batman issues. IT was gonna be a sequel to hush, wrapping up the whole Harvey Dent thing

Ah, I think I remember hearing about a sequel to Hush.

Hush was napalm on Batman continuity, there was nowhere to advance such a limited and artificial creation. The series forced other writers into the impossible situation of accommodating an illogical, gimmick driven storyline to fit into a more realistic landscape the mythos had become in the past few decades.
The main theme originally should have been closed up by the end of Hush, but Loeb has never had enough discipline as a writer to properly end storylines - unearned, improbable shocking moments don't count.

The Batman said:
Lee and loeb were supposed to do 6 more issues

Loeb and Sale were also going to do Captain America: White and Busiek was going to do another Marvel story, but they can't do to exclusitivity contracts.

I'm really hoping that Sale won't renew his contract with DC, that way he can work with Loeb again. He should go freelance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"