Transformers What if the movie was placed in 1984?

luca_frontino

Civilian
Reaction score
Are you :up: with period pieces? Personally I think that every adaptation to the big scren should be so. Because making a movie in the same year of the release doesn't make it timeless. The 1989 Batman was new when it came, but now is clearly old. If Burton placed the movie in 1939, now it would look exactly like in the release date.

B89 is timeless BECAUSE it's not really set in any particular time as such. It's an era amalgam.

Are you :up: with period pieces? Personally I think that every adaptation to the big scren should be so. Because making a movie in the same year of the release doesn't make it timeless. The 1989 Batman was new when it came, but now is clearly old. If Burton placed the movie in 1939, now it would look exactly like in the release date.
maybe current time films are 'actually' period based ones with the period being the present at the time of release

:eek:

That would have been a step in the right direction. But with Bay, Spielberg and compnay involved, we would probably still get bionicle-looking Transformers, bathroom humor, GM-only cars, and a lot of other unfaithfully-inspired elements. :mad:

It would look like the Goonies. and Batman'89 is timeless to me.

Future films do my head in, Only a few more years till Hoverboards and Blade Runners!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zelzela
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"