What if there was a Batman film in the 70's?

Clint Eastwood - Batman/Bruce Wayne
Jack Nicholson - The Joker
Robert De Niro - Harvey Dent/Two-Face
Charles Brosnon - Comm. James Gordon
Christopher Lee - Ra's Al Ghul
Jane Seymour - Catwoman/Selina Kyle

Clint Eastwood - Batman/Bruce Wayne
Jack Nicholson - The Joker
Robert De Niro - Harvey Dent/Two-Face
Charles Brosnon - Comm. James Gordon
Christopher Lee - Ra's Al Ghul
Jane Seymour - Catwoman/Selina Kyle

Good cast

Hey from a technical stabdpoint how would the batsuit look? Im guessing it would be fabric due to the style of the time and the lack of technology for a workable rubber suit to be possible. Hm maybe disco batman

Hey from a technical stabdpoint how would the batsuit look? Im guessing it would be fabric due to the style of the time and the lack of technology for a workable rubber suit to be possible. Hm maybe disco batman
Well for one thing, it would be blue.

Hey from a technical stabdpoint how would the batsuit look?

It would like the cloth suit worn by Christopher Reeves in the 1978 Superman (Which was good considering the time period).

It would be campish

Considering that Batman was dark in the 70's comics and the campy 60's TV show mania was over, I don't think it would be campy.

I would think for a 1970's movie the perfect actor for Penguin would have been singer,songwriter/actor Paul Williams (coinicedentally the voice of Penguin in BTAS). He has the look (short and pudgy, Much like Devito), and although he primarily starred in a number of comedic roles in movies, I suspect that Penguin in a 70's movie probably would have been played for comic relief anyway.With the right director he would have been excellent.

Well for one thing, it would be blue.

Probably, but like the 60's TV show, where the blue parts of Adam West's suit were more of a Navy blue, much darker than the shade used in the comics, almost black in color, I think it likely they might have used that same shade.
With a bigger budget like for a movie, it might actually have been a passable costume. And it would have helped if the actor wearing the suit were in better physical shape than West was. He always came across as a rather "doughy Batman.

^I think the Batsuit would look like this, from Batman: Dead End.

Nice suit. I think the Batmobile would've been almost same as 60s TV show

AUTOIMAGESMTL2090lg.jpg

Last edited:
^I think the Batsuit would look like this, from Batman: Dead End.

Ya Know, I think even Adam West's costume would have looked much better If Clark Bartram ^^^ had been wearing it.

I think the Batmobile would've been almost same as 60s TV show

I think it would be this Batmobile designed by penciller Neal Adams and inker Dick Giordano, since Batman used this one throughout the 70's comics.
1970-batmobile.jpg

One could hope the film be dark and not campy if it did not come during that time.....And that batmobie looks awesome.

I think it would've been a kind of adventure movie with lots of fun, but not being overly silly.

An adventure movie?...What would happen Batman go all over the world fighting crime?...Adventure movies are good and with fun entertainment and no sillyness thats fine.

He was in The Prestige, one of my very favorite movies by ... Christopher Nolan. :cwink:

But I think one of his best performances was in MERRY CHRISTMAS MR. LAWRENCE.

I kind of imagine a 70's Batman as being Zorro-esque. Sort of a transformative stage between the 60's version and Burton's version. Fun, adventurous, dramatic, while not taking everything -quite- as grimly as the comics of the time. I don't think the mainstream audience would have been as open to that back then, they'd need to be eased out of the more colorful Batman they were used to.

There was a Batman serial in the early 40's that had a sort of Zorro feel to it too, come to think of it.

It would like the cloth suit worn by Christopher Reeves in the 1978 Superman (Which was good considering the time period).

That's my favorite version of the suit to date. :)

Cool thread. My dream '70's Batman flick would be something like this:

- Directed by William Friedken
- Scored by Ennio Morricone
- Batman played by Warren Beatty
- Joker played by Christopher Walken
- Commissioner Gordon played by Gene Hackman

Didn't Nolan say in a recent interview he made his Bat films in a way that it could've existed right beside Donner's Superman in the 70's?

Didn't Nolan say in a recent interview he made his Bat films in a way that it could've existed right beside Donner's Superman in the 70's?

Except that the black armoured blacksuit was created in 1989.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"