What if we got a second universe in the MCU multiverse that contained X-Men and FF?

Lord and Miller already were on Twitter stroking their virtual beards about it.

Lord and Miller already were on Twitter stroking their virtual beards about it.

Hmmm. So maybe the multiverse is real but its exclusive to the sonyverse i.e only there to allow Sony to bring Tom Holland into Venom 2 in the future if they decide to pull out of the deal?

Well I want to see a movie just with the X-Men and the Fantastic Four. Could be fantastiX. But a bit weird since the X-Men features hundreds of mutants... while the Fantastic Four are just four (or six if we count the kids), are f4's otherworldly villains gonna come from this second universe as well?

Jon Watts seemingly confirms that Far From Home introduces the Multi-Verse into the MCU.

Fandango: Let's get to the most important question: Does Far From Home introduce the Multiverse to the MCU?

Jon Watts: Well, I mean, yeah. We had to look at it in terms of the scope of what happened at the end of Endgame. Seeing all the crazy things that they did and all the questions that raises. So we're definitely trying to answer one of the big ones -- alternate timelines. So many possibilities opened up at the end of Endgame, and Peter Parker is one of the few people on the ground dealing with them.

Fandango: Are you able to explain the rules of this multiverse in terms of how it differs from the Spider-Verse that we were introduced to in Into The Spider-Verse?

Jon Watts: I wouldn't dare! I'll let Nick Fury do that.

Exclusive Interview: 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Director Jon Watts Breaks Down That Wild New Trailer

Years of fans griping, some literally every day that it's a shame that the FF and the X-men are walled off in a separate cinematic continuity unable to interact with the rest of the MCU... And now one trailer later what's all the rage on the Hype?

"Wouldn't it be great if now that Marvel Studios has the FF and X-Men back that what they did was wall them off from the rest of the MCU into their own separate cinematic continuity?"

SkeletalTatteredGalapagosalbatross-small.gif

Years of fans griping, some literally every day that it's a shame that the FF and the X-men are walled off in a separate cinematic continuity unable to interact with the rest of the MCU... And now one trailer later what's all the rage on the Hype?

"Wouldn't it be great if now that Marvel Studios has the FF and X-Men back that what they did was wall them off from the rest of the MCU into their own separate cinematic continuity?"

SkeletalTatteredGalapagosalbatross-small.gif

But they wouldnt seperate. Just another earth within the MCU....they can still crossover and team up with the avengers anytime with doctor strange opening a portal.

Same franchise, just set in a different universe.

Exactly why is this so hard to get? Nothing will be stopping a crossover whenever they need or want to no funny business with rights its just another universe to add something unique to an ever growing cinematic universe.

Last edited:
Also if Marvel intend to do a Secret Wars movie, having F4/X-Men come from a different universe makes sense. I'd rather see that, than to see the Ultimates and the million universes from the comics jump into the Avengers universe.

I'm sure Beast can build a portal to earth prime at the mansion and Reed at the baxter building.

Doctor Strange can learn new portals as well.

It would be eXciting to see the Fantastic Four and the X-Men make a big entrance in the Avengers universe (similar to when the familiar faces came back in Endgame) through some dimension portal.

I don't really like the idea mainly because it's just so unnecessary. You don't need them to be from parallel earths to introduce them. There are so many other simpler explanations you can have for them just appearing now.

Exactly why is this so hard to get? Nothing will be stopping a crossover whenever they need or want to no funny business with rights its just another universe to add something unique to an ever growing cinematic universe.
Where the MCU was different was that the characters shared a same world, with a crossover from a different world at anytime a sorcerer showed up you are in danger of literally sharing just a costume color

Yeah a big "No Thank you" on this idea for me

The reason why the TV heroes never showed up in the movies is because they are in a multiverse. It's a kind of brilliant.

Or it could simply be that its a big planet, and not every hero is relevant for the big fate-of-the-planet events. Which is to say, why don't the Defenders show up? Because for fighting Thanos, they are too small to matter.

That's what makes the mutant concept being introduced into the MCU proper so much more interesting. How does a post-Avengers world deal with the emergence of these beings?

I wouldn't love that idea considering that's basically Days of Future Past except it's the status quo always. And why would anybody care about what's happening in an alternative universe where mutants exist? You have none of the history and investment that people have with the MCU proper. How mutants affect/change the world that billions have grown to love over the past 11 years is what will matter to people.

There's also the issue of evolution. Mutants will replace humans. This does not apply to the normal MCU universe because mutants are not natural. They don't belong, they are an anatoly. Magneto, Apocalypse, Sinister etc all of their ideologies no longer make sense. Why would anyone be afraid of mutants at that point

Well, given that the Avengers should, right about now, have a public approval rating somewhere slightly north of Jesus? The public response to mutants existing should be "Well, the Avengers say they are just people like everyone else, and they aren't nearly as terrifying as having half the populace spontaneously disappear. So, hey, lets just roll with it."

Just watched some of the cartoons on Disney+ (too old when they originally aired) it was interesting seeing cap America Spider-Man and sue storm battling together!! That used to be 3 separate “worlds” in the movies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"