What Is The Last Comic You've Read

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't buy singular issues anymore... and haven't for about 10 years... but my brother picked up some HC's for me for Christmas... The Rebirth of Thanos, Infinity Gauntlet and the X-Men Jim Lee Series... these were the first comic series I ever really collected (when was that, 1991?)... GREAT to re-read them again. They're still great stories and the art looks sweet even today.

Teen Titans #90
Doctor Who: Autopia one-shot
Uncanny X-Men #500-503

Scalped #22-24
Final Crisis #1-7
Final Crisis: Submit
Superman Beyond #1-2

Ex Machina #11-20, special #1-2
Blackest Night Batman: 1-3
Blackest Night Superman 1-3
Blackest Night Teen Titans 1-3

Mighty Avengers #21-23
Thor #58
Invincible Iron Man #64
Avengers #63

Tomb of Dracula volume 2: Well negative things first, these books are really dragged down by the 70s writing of practically detailing everything fom emotions to weather instead of letting the art do it's job and demonstrating things. Otherwise i can understand the praise this series has, tho i personally enjoyed volume 1 much more than this, perhaps 1 had the magic touch of introducing Blade to Marvel, wheres volume 2 just slightly character progresses Blade, but yeah we get more Dracula being an evil guy, from train travels to werewolf fights to taking down the Sun organization and other random adventures such as confronting his own daughter, it's pretty good stuff, but now i gotta check out volume 3 to see does the conclusion truly pay off.

Gerard Way's Umbrella Academy:
This is comics as larger than life as possible, the feeling of superheroism kicks right off at the beginning as the Effeil tower goes to a rampage! Even tho these volumes are mere 12 issues total, the way Way handled writing really gets you to caring about Rumour and Spaceboy, but i gotta love Number 5 the most and Pogo. Pogo is a talkinh chimp which is a norm for this universe, he has his charm, but Number 5 is a 60 year old assassin in the body of a 10 year old or so, so you got this cute lil' kid doing the most badass things out there. Villains are also very intriquing from Abraham Lincon statue to Cha-cha and Hazel. This is pretty much the X-Men for cool people as Grant Morrison said.

Superheros:
This collects all the short stories Paul Dini and Alex Ross did together, kicking off with a story for Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel, then it hits off with a Justice League story. The first stories are the best as they deal with Batman helping Gotham as Bruce Wayne, Superman trying to handle crisises such as people lacking food, with Wonder Woman you got non-feminist-forced adventures as Diana shows her passion for true rights. Captain Marvel's story is the most heartwarming as it deals with something so simple: a superhero cheering up children. It reminded me of the story of Johnny Depp dressing up as Jack Sparrow and visiting a hospital that helped his daughter, so he showed gratitude by entertaining the children there. JLA story is pretty much your usual "who watches the watchmen" motive and can we trust the JLA when they got a watch tower in the space orbit, it actually kinda bored me abit.

The Omac Project:
Ah Greg Rucka, can you do no wrong? :) I thought this was a Batman story at first, but it's actually a very dark Justice League International story, and it's awesome. You got Max Lord's villainy, Ted Kord's last adventure among with Wonder Woman snapping some villain neck. It's a very short story that ties with Rucka's latter Wonder Woman stuff and ties "heavily" on Geoff Johns' Infinite Crisis. I also liked the character of Sasha, which seemed like a badass female fighter.

Daredevil #512. The ending was satisfying enough, but the whole possession thing annoys me.

Gerard Way's Umbrella Academy:[/B] This is comics as larger than life as possible, the feeling of superheroism kicks right off at the beginning as the Effeil tower goes to a rampage! Even tho these volumes are mere 12 issues total, the way Way handled writing really gets you to caring about Rumour and Spaceboy, but i gotta love Number 5 the most and Pogo. Pogo is a talkinh chimp which is a norm for this universe, he has his charm, but Number 5 is a 60 year old assassin in the body of a 10 year old or so, so you got this cute lil' kid doing the most badass things out there. Villains are also very intriquing from Abraham Lincon statue to Cha-cha and Hazel. This is pretty much the X-Men for cool people as Grant Morrison said.
=

I was surprised at how good this was. Gerard really set up an interesting mythology and cast of characters that I would like to see more of. It reminds me of Mignola's work.

Blackest Night: Wonder Woman
Fables #52-59

Just got Jim Lee's X-Men run in HC (Mutant Genesis?) I don't know why they didn't include issues 8, 9 and 10 & 11... :whatever:

Batman and Robin #19
Chaos War Dead Avengers #3
Knight and Squire #4
Secret Six #39
Superman #707

The Adventures of Tintin: The Crab with the Golden Claws.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? #18
The Astounding Wolf-Man #25
Doc Macabre #1

Finally read Carnage part 2 (2011)...wow...what the f**k? I gotta wait every other month for this s***?

Green Hornet: Year One

Got more interested in this character after seeing the movie. Loved this graphic novel. It takes place in 1930's and is based more around the radio serial with elements of the other GH related stuff. Loved the art for it, it fit very well with the story/time-line. :D

Batman: Streets of Gotham #19
The Spirit #10
Thor #619

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"