Justice League What is the Theme of the JL Feature?

thorstone

Civilian
Reaction score
The Avengers was basically War of the Worlds with superhumans. So what does the Justice League boil down to in your mind?

Is it super heroes in the Twilight Zone (think Men in Black)? Is it Clash of the Titans with the New Gods in place of the Old Gods (right down to the giant alien sea monster at the end)? Is it No Country Left for Old Supermen?

I believe the theme of Gods and demigods is a good fit for the franchise; and sets it apart from The Avengers; with its armies of aliens and flying ships.

Avengers already ganked basically the perfect theme and tone for a JLA movie. So I say, screw the "its just a clone" problem, and go whole hog. If they had guts, they would go "we're not going to do different than Avengers, we're going to do *better* than Avengers," and at least if they failed, they'd fail gloriously.

Sadly, I suspect "Watchmen meets Batman & Robin" is more likely. . .

It depends, we don't know the tone or plot of the film. All we can say for sure regarding the theme is that it should be "When Gods Walk Among Men". In a very basic explanation feel the Justice League should be approached in a serious manner, we should see the fallout of them, and the burden placed upon them. They are our protectors, a pantheon of gods sat in the palace in the sky, watching from on high.

It depends, we don't know the tone or plot of the film. All we can say for sure regarding the theme is that it should be "When Gods Walk Among Men". In a very basic explanation feel the Justice League should be approached in a serious manner, we should see the fallout of them, and the burden placed upon them. They are our protectors, a pantheon of gods sat in the palace in the sky, watching from on high.
:yay:should be the tagline

Avengers already ganked basically the perfect theme and tone for a JLA movie. So I say, screw the "its just a clone" problem, and go whole hog. If they had guts, they would go "we're not going to do different than Avengers, we're going to do *better* than Avengers," and at least if they failed, they'd fail gloriously.

Sadly, I suspect "Watchmen meets Batman & Robin" is more likely. . .

Hell no.

Justice League should not aim to be The Avengers. Why? Both squads have different dynamics. Honestly, the last thing WB should be trying to do is taking a page out of Marvel Studios' playbook.

If anything, it should be a combination of Watchmen and Star Trek.

If you aim to be a grim and gritty deconstruction, you will fail. Simple as that.

Yes, because Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy failed. :o

I'm sorry, but I don't want an Avengers clone. I want Justice League to be a more serious superhero film.

it's not simple as that, because the only grim movies in the genre that i can think of are Nolans trilogy, Watchmen and V For Vendetta. Those are winners to me.

And none of them present a relevant tone for making a JLA movie. Might as well say that you should make JLA a comedy because the Hangover was a success, its about as meaningful.

And none of them present a relevant tone for making a JLA movie. Might as well say that you should make JLA a comedy because the Hangover was a success, its about as meaningful.

Oh, the irony.

I'm sorry, but just because The Avengers was largely successful doesn't mean JLA should be molded in its image. WB should strive to make Justice League something different. I mean, they might as well considering they're not producing introductory films for a build-up.

The last thing WB should do, however, is try to make Justice League into a carbon copy.

It seems simple to me. Now i would prefer that that without any official statement, the DC Cinematic Universe is already being established with the Nolan films. George Lucas did it with Star Wars.

There is already the modern legend of the Batman. Judging on the rumors, and the footage so far of the MoS, Clark has had a hard time figuring out who he is and where his place is in the world. Now take into consideration they government did not accept Batman for a long while and from the MoS comic con footage, they ain't warming up too Superman too well (which is just realistically how it would be in our world).

I'm gonna presume Zod is gonna leave his mark on the world in MoS. That being, they will fear Superman and look at Superman and his race as major threats to the world. If anything alien happens again to the world, you know who's gonna be blamed first.

Around the 1960's era, there were many sightings of Alien sightings and UFO sightings in America. With that being said, one of them are definitely true, that being the Earth had picked up a new settler, the Martian. During this time and modern times, the Martian has been learning about the human race and adapting to its culture.

The Earth is attacked by an Unknown beings from the stars. This causes a major global threat, and attacks all over the world are shown. Superman is the first suspect of the government. Meanwhile, Bruce Wayne can come out of retirement, when the worlds new hero is leading suspect. That would cause Bruce to go back into detective mode to try aid the earths current hero, and it would also lead Bruce to looking at previous alien sightings, especially most recent ones *cough* the 60's.

At this time doom, even the more ancient part of the world has been attacked. One being the hidden ancient amazon's. These amazons were tough warlike warrior woman that surfaced during the days of the Olympians and ancient Greece who settled on a island which is hidden by ancient technology, not understood by the modern man. And the underworld city of myth, Atlantis, which for thousands of years, has survived hidden deep in the ocean. Atlantis would consist of a race on ancient beings known as atlanteans, which pre date homo-sapiens even though they resemble homo-sapians a fair amount. These ancient parts of the world would surface their champions, King Orin of Atlantis and Princess Diana of the Themiscrya to investigate the cause and stop the culprit of them global attack.

At this point there would be a reason for Aquaman & Wonder Woman to have surfaced into mans world and they are obviously gonna want to speak the worlds champion, Kal-El, who the goverment also believe is prime suspect at the moment to the attack.

During this time Batman could peace the peaces together with the Martian and seek out Superman, who also at this time is being sought out by Orin & Diana. And Superman will be on his way to oppose the threat, who has got Superman's attention.

Then the world would have to see this Dark Lord of an unknown world from the stars defeat the man of steel. Then the stakes would have risen, and it's gonna take more than Metropolis' champion to save the world this time.

A nice little philosophical opening line from Bruce/Batman (Played by Bale!!!!!) would be Epic.

Thats also just my rough idea. I definitely think they should go "What would this be like if it was real?" tone like the Dark Knight trilogy. WB shouldn't be trying to watch what the Avengers done. This has the potential to be so much more. :yay:

The simplest way to describe the theme of the conflict in The Avengers is man vs society. These were a small group of people fighting an invading civilization. It wasn't man vs man; it wasn't The Avengers vs Dr. Doom or Kang or Thanos.

The Justice League needs that aspect of man vs man as well as the theme of man vs nature. Kalibak serves to supply the conflict of man vs man; and the giant monster at the climax, as with the dragon of Beowulf, would fulffill the theme of man vs nature.

The main theme of THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?

Hmm...

Justice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"