Justice League What is the minimum amount of heroes to call this movie "Justice League"

I think the obvious answer is five. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Flash. You need those five. Then I think maybe an unexpected sixth would be cool; for examole I like to list Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Nightwing in my fancast for Justice League. I also like the idea of another non powered being in the group. Nightwing could be the young, not to ecpierenced member of the group that Batman brings on board late in the game when he thinks they'll need all the help they can get. Also for some reason I like sea heroes like Aquaman and Namor and if done right I think could be quite epic so I like to include Liam McIntyre as Aquaman in my fancasting as well. So my opinion, most likely will be the big five; could add an unexpected like Nightwing and make it six. Could add an important member like Aquaman or Martian Manhunter(who I hooe is not in the film cause I just don't like him) and make it 6/7. But thinking logically it'll just be the big five cause their the most well know and the less characters to deal with when most havent been introduced already the easier it will be to handle as a writer/director.

Last edited:
Yeah 5 is good. Leave Aquaman and Martian Manhunter for a sequel. Even though I like the idea of J'onn J'onzz in his earthly disguise throughout the first movie.

What's great about doing that with MM is that general audiences don't know who the hell he is. Only fans do. So his reveal at the end...shapeshifting into who he truly is...and helping the League in battle can be a HUGE twist for regular movie-goers. Like a real shocker.

what great about Martian Manhunter is literally any actor under the sun can play him :funny: and yeah, I'd like him to be part of the first movie, but not as an actual part of the team just yet, sort of have him be there and do stuff during the movie, but ultimately join the team at the very end where as the rest of them agree to work together early on, some might join for only one condition but then at the end also agree to join as permanent members (Batman...that horny headed loner lol)

Yeah, a part of it but not on the team, not a part of marketing.

The minimum is 5 (Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash). Ideal would be 6 (with Martian Manhunter, although I would accept Cyborg as an alternative).

LOL Just noticed that Cyborg has zero votes. Just goes to show how shoved down our throats he was and how he is an unnatural choice for the Justice League (for a founding member, at least).

Cyborg belongs in TT. That still makes me mad, it should be Martian Manhunter on the new 52 team

Prior to Flashpoint, I would have wanted Cyborg on the Justice League. Erasing all the history and making him a founder wasn't the best move. I don't hate it though, it could have been way better. I also don't mind if they use him in the movie, but he is certainly not considered part of the minimum requirements.

The fact that somebody doesn't view Wonder Woman as a defining member of the Justice League. :doh:

My Justice League is Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (John Stewart), The Flash (Barry Allen), and Aquaman. Realistically, a JL movie would only have four or five of those heroes -- Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and possibly Green Lantern.

Last edited:
Cyborg belongs in TT. That still makes me mad, it should be Martian Manhunter on the new 52 team

Couldn't agree more. On top of that, it felt like the only reason Cyborg was thrown into the mix was because DC needed somebody to fill the role of obligatory black character.

Couldn't agree more. On top of that, it felt like the only reason Cyborg was thrown into the mix was because DC needed somebody to fill the role of obligatory black character.

If DC needs a black character on the team, it should be John Stewart, or Black Lightning.

Random thought pertaining to Black Lightning- His name is kind of outdated and racist. A black guy with lightning powers...named...you guessed it! black lightning. :doh:

Black Lightning is actually a cool character though, but Virgil Hawkins/Static Shock did the black lightning powered character a lot better than Black Lightning. A combination of those two characters could be a worthy member of the Justice League if they need diversity and want to use Hal Jordan.

The fact that somebody doesn't view Wonder Woman as a defining member of the Justice League. :doh:

My Justice League is Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (John Stewart), The Flash (Barry Allen), and Aquaman. Realistically, a JL movie would only have four or five of those heroes -- Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and possibly Green Lantern.
Exactly. But I actually prefer a glimpse of Martian Manhunter in the first, leave Aquaman for the 2nd with a full-on Martian Manhunter.

It's gonna be Supes, Bats, Wondy, Flash (Barry) and GL (Hal or John). I wouldn't mind if Green Lantern had the least amount of screen-time. I prefer John right now, but I guess a reinvented Hal would work well with Barry.

If DC needs a black character on the team, it should be John Stewart, or Black Lightning.

Random thought pertaining to Black Lightning- His name is kind of outdated and racist. A black guy with lightning powers...named...you guessed it! black lightning. :doh:

Black Lightning is actually a cool character though, but Virgil Hawkins/Static Shock did the black lightning powered character a lot better than Black Lightning. A combination of those two characters could be a worthy member of the Justice League if they need diversity and want to use Hal Jordan.

Agreed, Cyborg's presence in the New 52 is rather pointless. And I just don't understand why DC is so adamant about Hal Jordan being the main Green Lantern. IMO, John has always been the most widely-recognized one... and he's way more likable than Hal.

As for Black Lightning, I totally agree on the name. Sadly, things like this happen quite a bit in the world of comic books. Take Black Panther for instance. Hey everybody, look! It's a man who is black, dressed as a panther. It's... BLACK PANTHER! Haha.

A team-up movie with Black Lightning and Static Shock would be an excellent idea, though I don't know how likely DC / WB would be to pursue such a thing, seeing as Electro is one of the villains in the next Spider-Man movie.

Exactly. But I actually prefer a glimpse of Martian Manhunter in the first, leave Aquaman for the 2nd with a full-on Martian Manhunter.

It's gonna be Supes, Bats, Wondy, Flash (Barry) and GL (Hal or John). I wouldn't mind if Green Lantern had the least amount of screen-time. I prefer John right now, but I guess a reinvented Hal would work well with Barry.

I like the idea of a Martian Manhunter glimpse! Something like that could easily set up Darkseid for the 2nd JL. :)

Yeah! Either a glimpse or a couple of scenes of J'onn J'onzz and a reveal at the end of his powers so the rest of the League are made aware (and the audience generally speaking) that he's an alien and very powerful, but he's reserved.

He would be a great tie-in to Darkseid for the sequel.

Atlantis could be referenced in a solo Wonder Woman movie. It works whether that movie happens before or after the first Justice League. And if anything, they could just reference it in JLA, no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"