What is with Americas Fear of Sex

Do you ever think for yourself, celldog, or do you just cut and paste all your thoughts from other people?

jag

The name is Memphis Slim.....and I post those things I agree with. But most glaring is your non-response to the social problems that "sexual freedom" has brought upon our society. Single parent families, more grand-parents raising their grandchidren than ever before, diseases, death, violent crime.........

yep. Sounds

The name is Memphis Slim.....and I post those things I agree with. But most glaring is your non-response to the social problems that "sexual freedom" has brought upon our society. Single parent families, more grand-parents raising their grandchidren than ever before, diseases, death, violent crime.........

yep. Sounds

Whatever, celldog. The sexual revolution didn't bring those things into our society any more than rampant capitalism, greed, corporate and government corruption, increased selfishness, the slacker generation, the ever widening gap between the "have's" and the "have not's" (i.e. the socio-economic gap), racism, inequality between the sexes, gender role confusion, or social degredation as a society matures that has happened in many cultures throughout history or any other social factor you can name. To blame it one single thing is naive. And, you seem to have missed the part in my initial post in this thread where I attributed some of the problems you're accrediting to sexual freedom to sexual repression in a society where sexuality is to this day viewed as evil and vile and something to be swept under the carpet like it doesn't exist. An attitude that continues to be shared with our children. And before you go off, it's not about "if it feels good, do it" and just having life be a giant orgy for everyone. It's about accepting that sex is a part of life and is not something to be shunned. It's to be appreciated, respected, and understood that it carries great responsibility with it. But people like you who blame the sexual revolution of forty years ago on today's societal ills really fail to see the greater picture of ALL the things that have contributed to the decline of western civilization, my observation about puritan values about sexuality creating psycho-traumatic life experiences for so many aside. Perhaps you would feel better if you just got laid (and didn't feel guilty about it afterwards)?

jag

yep. Sounds

hmm, might I inquire how violent crime is tied to the "sexual freedom" you speak of? and uh, for that matter, these problems existed BEFORE the "sexual freedom".
ahahaha "death" comes from sexual freedom? that's laughable.
your childish fear is PATHETIC! :down
I tremble at the fact that it's 2007 , 2000 freaking seven, what was "the future" when I was a kid and people like you still exist.

hmm, might I inquire how violent crime is tied to the "sexual freedom" you speak of? and uh, for that matter, these problems existed BEFORE the "sexual freedom".
ahahaha "death" comes from sexual freedom? that's laughable.
your childish fear is PATHETIC! :down
I tremble at the fact that it's 2007 , 2000 freaking seven, what was "the future" when I was a kid and people like you still exist.

In some people's eyes, sex is apparently a lot like "Reefer Madness", wherein it causes people to go insane and become delusional, angry and violent and likely to engage in criminal behavior. :whatever: I can see where a lack of it or at least being so uptight, ashamed and riddled with guilt over the very concept might cause people to go that way, though.

jag

and Ironically, I have seen that it's mostly a Western thing, Europe is a little less terrified of sex and some Oriental countries are comparatively "super free" a friend of mine and I were thinking it might have to do with the "protestant/catholic" mentality and how sex has always been "shameful" to them, for years the church implied that "the apple" the "forbidden fruit" was, you know. Eve's vagina.

and Ironically, I have seen that it's mostly a Western thing, Europe is a little less terrified of sex and some Oriental countries are comparatively "super free" a friend of mine and I were thinking it might have to do with the "protestant/catholic" mentality and how sex has always been "shameful" to them, for years the church implied that "the apple" the "forbidden fruit" was, you know. Eve's vagina.

You're going to have half the virgins on the Hype having sex with apples before the day is out with that kind of talk. :ninja: But, yeah....those whacky Puritans left us quite a legacy, didn't they?

jag

Most parents in america have a morbid fear of their kids finding out about sex. We've only gotten a little better from the stork; why are parents so scared of their children finding out about a simple biological process? It's no more unnatural than breathing or going to the bathroom.

It all dates back to the stupid puritans and the ridiculous religious beliefs in this country. Sorry to say so, but it's pretty much true....well almost.

Sex is evil..........Fornication!

LMAO...only kidding. Sex isn't something to be scared of, as long as it's not abused.

Look at it this way.

Sex=more babies
more babies=more people
more people=it's gonna get very crowded soon...

It goes something like this.

Sex = Children

To Parent of a 14 year old child, Children = bad

Thus, Sex = bad.

Duh.

You guys are being waayy too political about this.

Sex is a natural instinct in every species. The only reason why its looked down upon in public is because of other people's insecurities. Maybe one day we'll all be like the japanese and broadcast chicks having orgasms on game shows on the tv.

*looks at his watch*

You're going to have half the virgins on the Hype having sex with apples before the day is out with that kind of talk. :ninja: But, yeah....those whacky Puritans left us quite a legacy, didn't they?

jag

I remember this ancedote about the Quackers that left for America were, "So uptight that the British kicked them out." :woot:

You guys are being waayy too political about this.

Sex is a natural instinct in every species. The only reason why its looked down upon in public is because of other people's insecurities. Maybe one day we'll all be like the japanese and broadcast chicks having orgasms on game shows on the tv.

*looks at his watch*

Why only women?

Being religious means not overindulging in the senses, so I respect those religious persons who do not wish to indulge the sexual appetite. I'm not sure, however, why people who are not religious have taboos about sex, and teach their children that sex is evil, if they are not going to bring their children into the Church.

There are legitimate concerns parents may have about their kids becoming sexually active: STDs, rape/molestations, pregnancy, getting into unhealthy relationships based on lust rather than true love. The way to educate your children, however, about these dangers is not to just ignore the subject, or assume that one's child is not going to develop normal feelings of sexual arousal, like any other child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"