What kind of dog is krypto?

ang_hulk

Sidekick
Reaction score
I think hes some kind of terrier but im not certain,he is not a lab as some people claim and i dont tihnk hes a mix either.Reason Im asking is i want to get a dog to name krypto so id like it to be accurate.

I believe his breed is called "Should never have appeard Post-Crisis"

I thought he was a dalmation at one point.

Krypto is a "stupid".... I mean "Super" dog.... wait I think I was right the first time.

According to Wikipedia he's most likely a Parson Russell Terrier

Krypto's a white dog. He has no real definitive breed. He's too big to be a terrier, though he's shaped like one. The closest purebred dog you'd get to him would likely be a pit bull, though if the dog is white, there's a good chance it'll be deaf.

is he still alive after IC?

he's too cute to die. is it wrong to be more attached to him than superman?

Didn't SBP backhand him? or was that another dog?

Now that I'm thinking about it, Krypto came from that phony Krypton created by Brainiac, right? So who's to say he even has an Earth-based breed?

Anyway, yeah, Krypto shouldn't have been brought back, but at least he's not Beppo or Streaky.

Krypto is of a breed native to Krypton that has no exact Earthly counterpart. For the sake of trivia there was one other breed of dog from Krypton that I know of and that was the telepathic hound that was used like a bloodhound.

i like how beings from across the universe are completly identical to us, and also posseses animals that should only be found on earth.

its a comic book- science isn't relevent :woot:
i still love you krypto!

In the Silver Age they explained that all the humanoid races are descended from one race that spread out through that part of the universe about 500,000 years ago. The race was called the Krill, I think, and the Imskians were their direct descendants. Also Kryptonians were on earth long ago and had a colony there. There was a Legion story about it. Maybe they went back and took some lifeforms with them. We know that they had dogs, monkeys and apes.

Silicon Surfer said:
In the Silver Age they explained that all the humanoid races are descended from one race that spread out through that part of the universe about 500,000 years ago. The race was called the Krill, I think, and the Imskians were their direct descendants. Also Kryptonians were on earth long ago and had a colony there. There was a Legion story about it. Maybe they went back and took some lifeforms with them. We know that they had dogs, monkeys and apes.
And horses... you forgot horses.

Parson Russell Terrier

jack-russell-terrier-0078.jpg

Jack Russell Terrier

Either one of these would do.

Pshht. You guys are whiney about a dog from an alien planet that just so happened to produce aliens that look exactly like humans?

Suspension of disbelief, guys. This whole trend of "realism" in comics has jaded you guys too much.

dnno1 said:

Parson Russell Terrier

jack-russell-terrier-0078.jpg

Jack Russell Terrier

Either one of these would do.

uh....Are you serious? Cause russell terriers are like....small, about a third of the size Krypto is.

Anyway I'd say he's a spotless Dalmation judging by his genral look.

Ratpack%20Fabian%20BOB.jpg

Comparrison shot of a PRT with a human....kinda small for Krypto IMO.

superboy-krypto.jpg

Krypto is bigger than than

Silicon Surfer said:
The horse was from Earth and was a magically transformed Centaur from ancient Greece.
Well I guess that was an improvement. It would be kind of a streach to have Jor-el launch a horse into space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"