What Makes a Hero?

SpideyVille

Walking out the Desert
Reaction score
What do you believe makes someone a hero? Is it that they have strong moral views that they never waiver? Or is it that they selflessly give their life up to helping others? or is it something else? What determines a hero in your eyes?

Personally, I think a hero is someone who helps others not for personal gain, but simply because they can, and they do so on a consistent basis. They also stand up for what they believe in, and don't let fear guide them.

My criteria for a hero is someone who helps others, charity, is of good moral values, never seeks fame for the deeds he/she does, & if necessary puts his/her life on the line to help others. A perfect example of a hero in my eyes are people who serve in the military.

What makes a hero? Intelligence, courage, selflessness, compassion, the will. Imo. To me, a real hero is someone who doesn't make money by saving peoples' lives.

Last edited:
Merrian Webster says:

Definition of HERO

a : a mythological or legendary figure often of divine descent endowed with great strength or ability b : an illustrious warrior c : a man admired for his achievements and noble qualities d : one who shows great courage

a : the principal male character in a literary or dramatic work b : the central figure in an event, period, or movement

plural usually he·ros : submarine 2

: an object of extreme admiration and devotion : idol

Someone who helps others selflessly and without question at all times.

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later."

I always liked this part of the movie.

According to Bonnie Tyler's 'I Need A Hero'

I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life

A person who gives without realizing he/she has given.

Fresh veggies, maybe a couple slices of tomato, good cuts of meat, and long rolls of bread to hold it all together.

Someone who can make a change to the better and does so, without seeking gratitude

1. Fighting hard for a cause that is not selfish
2. Sacrificing something in your own life in order to better someone elses
3. When your actions result in someone's life being saved
4. Not being afraid to stand up for what you believe in
5. Inspiring or encouraging other people to better themselves

Most of the above.
What I don't like is when people are called heroes for surviving something tragic through no fault of their own. Just feel like the news overuses the term.

Chad Kroeger and Josey Scott seem to have figured it out. Personally, I believe that heroes are made by the likes and dislikes of other ppl. Without recognition, there is no hero imho.

I was thinking about this the other day, and for some reason I started to convince myself that a villain is just a hero with a twisted sense of morality.

Al says "winner" but why split hairs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"