What property should kick-start Cosmic Marvel?

I'm calling it, either Thanos shows up at the end of Avengers or in a post credits scene.

My personal idea is a Modern Guardian of the Galaxy movie, based around their formation in Annihilation Conquest. Instead of going too far into each character's individual background, it would center around Star-Lord, a space hero who fell from grace due to a terrible mishap, and his attempt at redemption, and Adam Warlock, a potential cosmic messiah who is having an identity crisis after his birth. Star-Lord and Warlock would have almost a Spock/ Kirk relationship.

The film would have kind of a Star Wars meets Dirty Dozen feel to it, with the Guardians being a rag tag group of outsiders in the greater marvel cosmic universe. I'd have Nova either cameo or be involved in the movie somehow, and down the road, spin-off a Nova solo movie.

How about an Annihilators/Guardian of the Galaxy team with the following people.

Adam Warlock
Beta Ray Bill
Nova
Star-Lord
Rocket Racoon
Captain Mahr Vell (Ulitmate Universe version)
Quasar (he joins in end credits)

How about an Annihilators/Guardian of the Galaxy team with the following people.

Adam Warlock
Beta Ray Bill
Nova
Star-Lord
Rocket Racoon
Captain Mahr Vell (Ulitmate Universe version)
Quasar (he joins in end credits)

Too much of a sausage fest. The characters wouldn't bounce off each other well.

My GOTG team would be:

Star-Lord
Adam Warlock
Gamora
Drax
Moon Dragon
Rocket Raccoon
Groot

Last edited:
If only they had the FF. If you're gonna start up cosmic Marvel, you have to start with the FF.

Cosmic Marvel is the next phase of Marvel Films. Silver Surfer is the prisoner of Fox. If/when Fox get around to ****ing up the Surfer again, it ain't gonna be cosmic. Or Marvel. And thank the Cosmos that crap won't cross over into the MCU.

As far as I'm concerned there is no "MCU". It's the Avengers. That's it. There's no reason to crossover other than the small references, nods and homages that they already do. The Avengers are solo heroes who are part of a team, and movies are different from the comics, so there's no reason to have a Dr. Strange/Iron Man crossover movie. They can reference the other stuff more directly since the same company has those rights, but they still do it across studios anyway.

There's always one, isn't there. :doh:

No reason to do Marvel's Cosmic stuff without their main cosmic guy.

Also no reason to do crossovers with them either.

No reason to do Marvel's Cosmic stuff without their main cosmic guy.

Also no reason to do crossovers with them either.

Absolute ignorance. There are plenty of great cosmic characters worthy of films.

The fact is, Kevin Feige wants to do a cosmic marvel movie. He's mentioned it at least five times. Thus your opinion about whether or not a cosmic Marvel film is worth doing without Silver Surfer is 100% irrelevant.

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned there is no "MCU". It's the Avengers.
For now. I'll bet my soul and a handful of coins that in the next 5 months we will get information about the first NON-Avengers MCU movie. And that's perfect.

Thanos should be the villain in the first film, then Magus.. They should also find a way to include the Shi'Ar and StarJammers characters, I'm thinking that the X-Men films will 'never' use them in any form..

It would have to be Nova for me as he is the character I know the most after reading Annihilation. Quasar wouldnt be a bad character to start with either.

I personally think they should just do Annihilation and that way they can introduce all of the characters throughout.

1. Silver Surfer - I agree with everyone who said SS would be ideal. Still hoping Marvel gets the rights back soon.

2. Nova. Nova was the first comic I purchased with my own money back in the day. In addition being that he is a human teenager, audiences should identify easier with his character. Certainly you can use his story as stage to introduce even more cosmic goodness. HOWEVER, his origin is awefully close to Green Lanterns so Marvel probably wont go there.

3. Thanos. An Annihilation trilogy or Infinity Gauntlet trilogy would be epic BUT too many characters to introduce and maintain a good pace. I like the Warlock/Thanos idea.

4. Guardians of the Galaxy. This is most likely happening and I love the idea. My team would be Major Victory, Drax, Gamora, Rocket Racoon, Groot and Mantis.

5. Captain Mar-Vell. Sorry I loved Starlin's The Life and Death of Captain Marvel. I would love to see it adapted.

Hmmm... Captain Marvel... maybe Nova.

Nova just to make Green Lanterns failure even more complete. Captain Marvel is also a good one. I think a war story with a superhero in it allows for a hero to overcome more. But any of the available Annihilators would work. Honestly I think the Inhumans with Nova or Captain Marvel would work.

The Inhumans would be fasinating. It has all the themes of family and perserverence but at the same time there's Royal intrigue and politics plus the action of Space. I understand it would probably not get made though because America is such a focused market and they have a problem with Royals.

Still, a perfect Inhumans movie would be 1/3 Star Wars, 1/3 Elizabeth and 1/3 The Royal Tenenbaums. Genius!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"