What Should Never Had Been

i can accept a PG13 wolverine in a x-men movie.i get it FOX. i dont blame you.

but a 150-180 million PG13 wolverine movie where a guy has sharp blades on hes hands? and NO f.... blood? PG13 f.... you .

Should never have been made:

Alien: Resurrection
Alien vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator Requiem
Universal Soldier: The Return
Spider-Man 3
Transformers
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Superman III
Superman IV: The Quest for a Budget

Should've been made differently (Some majorly like Wolverine, some minorly like Die Hard 4)

Batman Forever
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
Terminator Salvation
X-Men: The Last Stand
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Die Hard 4
Daredevil
Ghost Rider
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
Star Wars: Attack of the Clones

Last edited:
The Punisher movies all fall flat in one way or another and shouldn't be bothered with until someone with the right amount of balls and brains can make something worthy of the character.

Ghost Rider also has potential but for now nothing of value is coming from that property.

Should never have been made:

Alien: Resurrection
Alien vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator Requiem
Universal Soldier: The Return
Spider-Man 3
Transformers
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Superman III
Superman IV: The Quest for a Budget
These are the ones I don't agree with. Transformers is good IMO, TF2 should be in the Made Differently List, as should SM3. Other than that, I agree with that list.

Should've been made differently (Some majorly like Wolverine, some minorly like Die Hard 4)

Batman Forever
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
Terminator Salvation
X-Men: The Last Stand
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Die Hard 4
Daredevil
Ghost Rider
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
BF was...alright. I liked Riddler, didn't care for Two-Face, f**k Robin. And Val Kilmer as Bruce, f**k that too.

These are the ones I don't agree with. Transformers is good IMO, TF2 should be in the Made Differently List, as should SM3. Other than that, I agree with that list.

BF was...alright. I liked Riddler, didn't care for Two-Face, f**k Robin. And Val Kilmer as Bruce, f**k that too.

Honestly, I thought Kilmer was all right as Bruce. Batman Forever in general had a very good cast of actors. It's one of the films that, had it had a better script, and different directing, it could have been amazing.

Wolverine
Transformers
Halloween (2007)
Halloween II (2009)
Never Say Never Again
Super Mario Brothers
Epic Movie
Date Movie
Disaster Movie
Vampires Suck
Eegah!

As for people hating on Twilight, it's the female equivalent of Transformers. It's escapism for chicks, and I can live with that.

Unless it escaped me somehow, am I really the first one to say "Die Another Day"? Like, really? Seriously f*** that movie, I am sorry that Brosnan got progresively worse scripts after such a great start with "Goldeneye", but DAD? come on son, come the f*** on!

Last edited:
As for people hating on Twilight, it's the female equivalent of Transformers. It's escapism for chicks, and I can live with that.

As a lover of chicks I think they deserve something better!

^I think that men deserve something better than Transformers.

I'm not going to apologize for watching and liking the Twilight films until the Transformer fans apologize.

Unless it escaped me somehow, am I really the first one to say "Die Another Day"? Like, really? Seriously f*** that movie, I am sorry that Brosnan got progresively worse scripts after such a great start with "Goldeneye", but DAD? come on son, come the f*** on!

That was probably one of the worst Bond films. I liked Brosnan but I've ignored the other ones he's done besides Goldeneye

Movies that should have never been:

Freddy Got Fingered starring Tom Green

As a lover of chicks I think they deserve something better!
As a chick, I agree.

And I agree with ISS about Transformers too. I like escapism as much as the next girl (or guy), but escapism doesn't HAVE to suck. Those two franchises just happen to be crappy escapism, imo.

^I think that men deserve something better than Transformers.

I'm not going to apologize for watching and liking the Twilight films until the Transformer fans apologize.

Can I apologize for The Expendables, Rocky, Rambo, Die Hard, Universal Soldier, Terminator, Undisputed, Under Siege or Predator franchises instead? :csad:

But Twilight leaves me embarrassed for my entire gender. We shouldn't be this head over heels over a series where the female lead is a submissive, brainless twit just because the story has a few cute boys in it. :doh:

Donner Superman... what a lousy piece of ****, seriously miscasting by Margot Kidder and the stupid thing being the LOVE story aspect all over again with Goofy clark. The focus should have been on Earth's greatest warrior and hero, not some stupid love story of reversing the spin of the Earth's rotational axis and trying to make people believe that will reverse time. Even in the heightened highly loose logic of the film, that was such a dumb plot point. Jokey Lex with a land scheme with the annoying Miss Tesmaucher. They really just screwed the pooch on that.

Once again, Superman didn't reverse Earth rotation, he was flying so fast that it gave this impression.

But Twilight leaves me embarrassed for my entire gender. We shouldn't be this head over heels over a series where the female lead is a submissive, brainless twit just because the story has a few cute boys in it. :doh:

Yeah, I know. Girls can do better than enjoy Twilight and while I haven't enjoyed Transformers -- that too is seriously lacking.

galactus in FF2... You mean he's an FN cloud...galactus, a cloud? Whoever thought of that idea should have been fired on the spot

Nightmare on Elm Street remake. Of all the horror remakes this made the least sense to me. 25 years later and they didn't really do much to improve on the original. Englund gave Freddy personality, which made him harder to replace (though I'm a fan of Jackie Earle Haley).

Even the TCM remake added something stylistically to make itself interesting. I just don't think I'd miss anything if the NOES remake didn't exist.

Hannibal Rising. Not sure we needed to SEE the origins of Hannibal Lecter on screen. Hearing about them was creepy enough to be effective.

Lots of prequels can fall into this category. Its like someone said in a thread discussing Jaws "Is a movie about Quints WWII shark attack story necessary?" Its the kind of stuff thats was back story and was probably never intended to be stretched into a full fledged movie.

Makes me think about the upcoming prequel to Carpenters "The Thing."

galactus in FF2... You mean he's an FN cloud...galactus, a cloud? Whoever thought of that idea should have been fired on the spot

That person was probably given a raise & promoted since I am sure the cloud thing saved them money

Agreed. Two wrongs don't make a right, so personally I think saying "but the boys like Transformers" is not a good reason for defending Twilight.

Just be honest come out with it, you like the shirtless guys and don't care that Bella has got to be one of the worst main characters of a movie/book/franchise of all time.

Hannibal Rising. Not sure we needed to SEE the origins of Hannibal Lecter on screen. Hearing about them was creepy enough to be effective.

Lots of prequels can fall into this category. Its like someone said in a thread discussing Jaws "Is a movie about Quints WWII shark attack story necessary?" Its the kind of stuff thats was back story and was probably never intended to be stretched into a full fledged movie.

Makes me think about the upcoming prequel to Carpenters "The Thing."

Thomas Harris agrees with you on the Lector thing, he only agreed to write the novel and screenplay on his origins because the film producers held the rights to make another Lector movie, and would have employed another writer to pen the origin if TH had not agreed to do it.
So, rather than have someone else write the origin of the character he created , he agreed to do it.
The events of the origin were already referred to in the Hannibal novel, but he never planned to write it as a novel or anything.

The film is actually alright, I mean, it is very well made, it's just a bit grim, and is a pretty straight revenge thriller, with no real surprises in the plot. If they had the Anthony hopkins of thirty years ago in the exact same movie, then, you would have people talking about that movie, and enjoying it. But, the guy who played him did an alright job i thought. It's not the kind of film I'd put on much at all really though, it's kind of a really depressing, grim Batman Begins, lol.

Last edited:
Street Fighter: The Rise Of Chun Li

The Karate Kid
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Pirates of the Caribbean 4
Fast Five

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member