What Should Never Had Been

I loved Transformers, though I can admit that I don't care for the sexuality Bay had in the first one (That's the only reason Megan Fox was in the film, so the guys can drool over something besides cars and giant robots beating the s**t out of each other.) and the fact that TF2 had potential if it was written better, didn't skip around and explained some parts, and got rid of The Twins and that roommate dude.

Anyways, I don't think Expendables should have been made. I did not care for it at all. Sorry to everyone who enjoyed 80's action movies.

Star Trek the next Generation. It was good as a Tv series. Why make me pay for it in the theaters?

Come to think of it, Terminator 2 should have used its alternate ending and Terminator 3 and Terminator Salvation never should have been made.

Sorry, Transformers isn't comparable to Twilight. While both may be equally dumb and have no story, TF at least had impressive action and showed us something new in gaint CGI robots. I believe Twilight has a right to exist though, but I know several girls who get something out of the kinetic action of the TF movies but zero guys who enjoy Twilight on any level.

Sorry, Transformers isn't comparable to Twilight. While both may be equally dumb and have no story, TF at least had impressive action and showed us something new in gaint CGI robots. I believe Twilight has a right to exist though, but I know several girls who get something out of the kinetic action of the TF movies but zero guys who enjoy Twilight on any level.

Immpressive action scenes don't mean anything without a good plot.Hell I don't even find the action sequences impressive .It's about the same level of Twilight.I may get flamed for this,but oh well.I wish both franchises never exsisted,that includes any cartoons.books,Movies etc.
/end Rant

Come to think of it, Terminator 2 should have used its alternate ending and Terminator 3 and Terminator Salvation never should have been made.

Terminator 2 is my favourite film and I don't care about the alternative ending that much, but other than that I agree with you.

I'm not really going to defend Twilight because the movies aren't good and I only watch them for hot guys and I don't have to defend anything I watch. I do however find it strange how fanboys and alot of fangirls jump on it as if it's the only silly/bad franchise around.

The Transformers movies are just as bad and vapid but don't get 1/3 of the hate that the Twilight films get because they are aimed at guys. And they make more money at the boxoffice meaning that even more people see them.

I'm sorry but Transformers has been more of an influance because Hollywood looks at female aimed hit films as a fluke. The Trasformers films success will do way more damage to cinema than the Twilight movies will ever do.

The fact is, the Twilight films get way too much hate when their bigger, just as bad things making money and driving hollywood to make even dumber films.

The hate for Twilight is simply because it a franchise for girls and how wild they go for it. I don't care about the series because it's not targeted at me, but I'm not one to go around hating it, women get so few franchises in film that you really can't blame the sisterhood uniting when one comes along. Us guys are spoiled for choice every year.

The hate for Twilight is simply because it a franchise for girls and how wild they go for it. I don't care about the series because it's not targeted at me, but I'm not one to go around hating it, women get so few franchises in film that you really can't blame the sisterhood uniting when one comes along. Us guys are spoiled for choice every year.

We should be, since we get screwed every day in car insurance costs just because we have a penis...

I'm not really going to defend Twilight because the movies aren't good and I only watch them for hot guys and I don't have to defend anything I watch. I do however find it strange how fanboys and alot of fangirls jump on it as if it's the only silly/bad franchise around.

The Transformers movies are just as bad and vapid but don't get 1/3 of the hate that the Twilight films get because they are aimed at guys. And they make more money at the boxoffice meaning that even more people see them.

I'm sorry but Transformers has been more of an influance because Hollywood looks at female aimed hit films as a fluke. The Trasformers films success will do way more damage to cinema than the Twilight movies will ever do.

The fact is, the Twilight films get way too much hate when their bigger, just as bad things making money and driving hollywood to make even dumber films.

Transformers still have Optimus Prime, a character worth guys going wild for. Nuff said.

Last edited:
In all seriousness both are similar, but it says a lot that Twilight fans' ways of defending their franchise they try to turn to tables and rant about Transformers.

Superman III. I just can't begin to describe what is wrong with that film...quite possibly the worst superhero film ever made. Almost makes B&R look like a good movie. Superman III is truly something that should never have been.

In all seriousness both are similar, but it says a lot that Twilight fans' ways of defending their franchise they try to turn to tables and rant about Transformers.
It says that there is a double standard regarding the Twilight franchises that very few haters on here want to address. There are smart thoughtful guys like JMC, Film Nerd Jamie and Showtime though and a few others that I am missing.

I mean I could rant about how much I hate Harry Potter every post but I don't because thats freakin annoying.

You don't have to watch Twilight and I don't have to watch Transformers or any other franchise that I don't give a s**t about. I'll leave you to your not thought provoking, poorly acted and directed movies about robots you can't tell apart beating up eachother and you leave to my not thought provoking, poorly acted and poorly directed movies about a vapid girl falling in love with a sparkingly vampire and being a tease to a shirtless Wolfboy.

The real reason Twilight gets so much hate from guys is because there is absolutely nothing in those movies that guys can enjoy. At least with Transformers, ladies have Josh Duhamel and Tyrese for eye candy.

So movies shouldn't exist if they don't appeal to guys?

I know thats not what you are saying but I'm putting it out there as an open question. Not all women love Twilight either by the way but the ones who do should not be called idiots at every turn. And yes, I've seen plenty of name-calling regarding the Twilight fans. I've been called names on these very boards for saying that I watch/like the movies.

And yes I know that half of Transformers audience are women too. Believe me, I love action adventure films like no other and dramas and anyother type of movie thats good. I'm not asking for every film to be like Twilight because I want my movies to be way better than that. It will be great if Twilight is just a one time thing and they don't continue to make films this way.

The men and women Twilight haters should be more worried about the stupd little boy movies being shoved down our throat and less about a one off franchise. Hollywood will forget Twilight and get back to their sexism soon enough.

The real reason Twilight gets so much hate from guys is because there is absolutely nothing in those movies that guys can enjoy. At least with Transformers, ladies have Josh Duhamel and Tyrese for eye candy.

Even if there was equivalent eye candy for guys in the series (unless you count Kristen Stewart, but she's too creepy for my liking) it would still be hated on. It's hated on because it's a franchise tailored for women, and there's nothing wrong with that coz as far as I'm concerned they should be allowed to have their own fangirl movies, us guys have got way too many choices when it comes to film franchises, many of which are equally as annoying as Twilight.

The Twilight films are truly awful but I can watch them for a laugh.

Superman III. I just can't begin to describe what is wrong with that film...quite possibly the worst superhero film ever made. Almost makes B&R look like a good movie. Superman III is truly something that should never have been.

It was really dumb but Reeve was still really good in the role. It's kind of sad the sequels couldn't of been better. The Junkyard fight enjoyable for me.

So movies shouldn't exist if they don't appeal to guys?

I know thats not what you are saying but I'm putting it out there as an open question. Not all women love Twilight either by the way but the ones who do should not be called idiots at every turn. And yes, I've seen plenty of name-calling regarding the Twilight fans. I've been called names on these very boards for saying that I watch/like the movies.

And yes I know that half of Transformers audience are women too. Believe me, I love action adventure films like no other and dramas and anyother type of movie thats good. I'm not asking for every film to be like Twilight because I want my movies to be way better than that. It will be great if Twilight is just a one time thing and they don't continue to make films this way.

The men and women Twilight haters should be more worried about the stupd little boy movies being shoved down our throat and less about a one off franchise. Hollywood will forget Twilight and get back to their sexism soon enough.

I must admit that Twilight has one of the best villains of all time: Bella Swan.

An American version of Godzilla was not necessary. But the animated series was wonderful!

We don't need to wait until the Twilight series is over to get back to the sexism, there's more than enough of that in the films themselves.

Seriously, Micaela is probably a stronger female role model than Bella.

I think a lot of the hate for the Twilight movies actually comes from the zaniness and bad writing of the books, whereas the Transformers come from the 1980's which is more or less off limits for hate in modern times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papapasmurfsmur
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"