What the hell is happening to prison systems? (hilarious)

Tempest19

Superhero
Reaction score
I was just at the Prison Break forums and someone posted a site to one of the best prisons out there- hell, it's a million times better than my dorm room and makes Peter Parker's apartment in the Spider-Man films look like street life!

WTF is happening to prison? Lol.

http://ebaumsworld.com/tags/austrian/

I know...if I was homeless, I would commit a federal crime just so I could get 3 square meals, a warm bed, work out equipment, televisions, athletic equipment, friends, a hot shower, clean clothes, etc... Some prisons are a wee bit to elaborate. It is suppose to be punishment.

I was just at the Prison Break forums and someone posted a site to one of the best prisons out there- hell, it's a million times better than my dorm room and makes Peter Parker's apartment in the Spider-Man films look like street life!

WTF is happening to prison? Lol.

http://ebaumsworld.com/tags/austrian/

That’s what they call “minimal security” it’s used for ENRON style criminals who pose no real harm to people.

^A criminal is a criminal. Whether he killed someone or stole 100 million from a pension plan. A crime affects everyone. The only thing that should differ is the amount of time they have to pay back for their crime. There is no point in sending someone to a prison that nice.

^A criminal is a criminal. Whether he killed someone or stole 100 million from a pension plan. A crime affects everyone. The only thing that should differ is the amount of time they have to pay back for their crime. There is no point in sending someone to a prison that nice.

You can't send Martha Stewart to maximum security style prison, she'd be shanked within a day. The guys that wind up in minimal security are going to spend a handful of years away from their BMW's and they'll never commit a crime again. It's not that big of a deal compared to the over population crisis we're facing in the maximum ones.

Seriously, we need this man actually RUNNING prison systems.
keach.JPG

You can't send Martha Stewart to maximum security style prison, she'd be shanked within a day. The guys that wind up in minimal security are going to spend a handful of years away from their BMW's and they'll never commit a crime again. It's not that big of a deal compared to the over population crisis we're facing in the maximum ones.
Exactly, I mean what was the point in sending Martha to that prison? With all the over population in maximum security facilities, why keep making these stupid white collar facilities and not try and alleviate a serious problem? House arrest these idiots instead of sending them to a cookie camp.

Exactly, I mean what was the point in sending Martha to that prison? With all the over population in maximum security facilities, why keep making these stupid white collar facilities and not try and alleviate a serious problem? House arrest these idiots instead of sending them to a cookie camp.

House arrest would be even bigger paradise, if I were forced to do that I'd just sit all day and play my 360.

that makes no sense. why would white collar criminals be housed with violent murderers? a criminal may be a criminal but that doesn't mean that all crimes are equal, otherwise what would be the point of people serving lesser sentences than others?

House arrest would be even bigger paradise, if I were forced to do that I'd just sit all day and play my 360.
What do you think they do in white collar prisons? That prison in Austria is really really nice. It's not fair that the legal system differentiates people and the prison they might have to spend their time in due to fame, money, and political pressence.

that makes no sense. why would white collar criminals be housed with violent murderers? a criminal may be a criminal but that doesn't mean that all crimes are equal, otherwise what would be the point of people serving lesser sentences than others?
You don't have to put a DWI person with a serial killer. All I am saying is that all prisons should be the same and stop being so elaborate and nice. It's not good if prison makes your life better or easier.

well to be fair let's look closely.

austrain01.jpg

what do you expect a weight room to look like? Floor. walls, barred window and weights.

austrian02.jpg

It has to look nicer than peter's apartment, because if the walls were falling apart it would be a security risk for inmates who don't want to remain in their cell. In addition if there was junk everywhere it would be used as weapons. The rooms look nice and clean because inmates are expected to keep them that way, and the reason it looks so neat and organized is so the guards can easily search them.

austrian04.jpg

Same thing here. the building is obviously brand new. But does brown colored wall paint make prison any less of a prison?

austrian05.jpg

Does a mowed lawn make prison less of a prison? And so they are playing whatever that game is called. oh well. We don't want criminals coming out of prison 10 times more insane than they were when they went there. Some recreation is expected to be allowed.

austrian06.jpg

the outside view of the property is irrelvant, since the only people that get to enjoy it are..... on the outside. Do we really need to punish all the people who aren't in prison by making this huge ugly building for everybody to look at as they drive by?

austrian03.jpg

Okay what the hell? That is way too freaking nice. Completely just not right. Nice furniture, cozy romantic environment, no prison clothes, a curvy women to hold.

That's not prison. I suspect this is highly out of the norm though. It's probably a rare congregational visit, however, it's still too nice.

Despite the fact that this is too nice, people need to remember that the last thing you want are for these people to feel so hopeless with so much despair that they think they have nothing to lose. "Nothing to lose" is the last thing we want these people thinking. Having something to lose or a reminder of what life can be like is the ONLY motivation for any of these people turning their lives around.

And no. People who say if they were homeless they'd kill somebody. If you think that, than I got ocean front property in Kansas I'd like to sell you for real cheap. If that were true, there would be no homeless people. Even the fanciest prison is still a prison, where your surrounded by *****, balls, open stinky toilets, and feet, choking down nasty food, contemplating where it all went wrong every day.

Watch MSNBC's Investiagtes Lock up. You will see what prison life is like.

I think the last picture is one of those conjugal (sp?) buildings.

Maybe if they knew they'd go to a prison with REAL criminals housed in it for committing crimes, white collar criminals would think twice about bilking people out of their pensions or running stock option scams. Maybe if crminals in general knew that going to prison was going to be Hell on earth instead of a picnic in the Elysian Fields, they'd think twice about killing or raping someone.

I think the last picture is one of those conjugal (sp?) buildings.

Apparently IKEA got the furnishing contract on that one. :dry:

jag

Damn people have claimed 99.9 percent of the land on Earth now, penal colonies were such awesome ideas.

You guys are exaggerating slightly, eh?

Granted, the television is a bit much. But besides that, I don't see whats so bad.

Surely, we've evolved beyond the point of feeling the need to throw people into a pit, or lock them in tiny rooms with no windows for who knows how long. Surely that kind of thing just makes crooks worse.

One complaint I have is excercising is all well and good and all, but I think prisons should have more of an emphasise on education and training for employment. Get a crook what he needs to get a job, chances are he won't end up back in prison.

Maybe if they knew they'd go to a prison with REAL criminals housed in it for committing crimes, white collar criminals would think twice about bilking people out of their pensions or running stock option scams. Maybe if crminals in general knew that going to prison was going to be Hell on earth instead of a picnic in the Elysian Fields, they'd think twice about killing or raping someone.

Thats kind of screwed up.

I remember watching an episode of Oz were a couple of guys were put in there who REALLY, REALLY didn't deserve to be there. I mean, their crimes were so pathetically small (I can't remember what exactly) and they were put into M city, with crazy bastards like this...

Adebisi.jpg

(Sometimes, I just have no idea how that hat stayed on Adebisi's head).

And so, these guys, whose crimes were so pathetically small, were thrown in with rapists and murderers and drug dealers, and the result was kinda like throwing bunny rabbits to rabid dogs.

Oz dealt with alot of cool real life political issues. I genuinely believe that it is better to treat criminals with dignity, rather than devolve ourselves to some sort of medievil justice of mentally torturing criminals in a place that is literally Hell.

I mean, just look at Tobias Beecher.

Those places are nicer than most studio apartments here in Chicago...roomier too.

They have to be nice because in a few years they will be the new gated communities.

Thats kind of screwed up.

I remember watching an episode of Oz were a couple of guys were put in there who REALLY, REALLY didn't deserve to be there. I mean, their crimes were so pathetically small (I can't remember what exactly) and they were put into M city, with crazy bastards like this...

Adebisi.jpg

(Sometimes, I just have no idea how that hat stayed on Adebisi's head).

And so, these guys, whose crimes were so pathetically small, were thrown in with rapists and murderers and drug dealers, and the result was kinda like throwing bunny rabbits to rabid dogs.

Oz dealt with alot of cool real life political issues. I genuinely believe that it is better to treat criminals with dignity, rather than devolve ourselves to some sort of medievil justice of mentally torturing criminals in a place that is literally Hell.

I mean, just look at Tobias Beecher.

Repeat after me: It's...a...TV...show... :dry:

jag

But...

I was sort of hoping... me and Tobias Beecher could hook up :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"