What to expect from the Spider-Man 3 video game.

Mister Gone

Master of His Toaster!
Reaction score
First off, i expect it to be next gen, PS3 XB360 , Revolution maybe? (I would love to see the web swinging with that wacky new controller.) As far as villains go, do you think they should stick with just the movie baddies, or throw in a few alternate story lines? Should Venom just be a palette swap or have a whole new story arc?

I think that with the other games alternate villains were necessary, but for this game the should just stick with the movie villains. I also wonder if they should wait a couple months after the movie comes out to release the game. Otherwise many people people will have the movie spoiled for them if they play the game first.

For the black costume, all they need is peter to fall into a tar pit.

I absolutely LOVE the spider-man 2 game on the PS2.

The free-roaming/swinging gameplay is incredible-especially when you get good at it.

I'd expect the spidey 3 game to improve on the PS2 game-
graphics defiantely need an overhaul, even if they only do a half-sized map.
Personally I'd like the whole thing to be free-roaming/random rather than step by step story missions (i.e you swing around and then mebbe theres an explosion which you can choose to go to or not, and then a villain encounter) so the whole thing is basically up to the player. More varied street level crimes and less clunky combat and youre on to a winner. They should'nt stick to the movie at all really-just be inspired by it...

They did announce the game already. The PS3 and 360 version will be the same but the Revolution is getting a special version for their controller.

All I can say is that the garbage Activision pulled with Spider-Man 2 better not happen with this game.

Activision is nothing but a bunch of corporate snakes. They market and promote this awesome, free-roaming Spider-Man 2 game for the console and PC market. All the packaging is the same (even with included screenshots on the back of both the console and PC version boxes) ...yet... the PC version was absolutely NOTHING like the console version. Here, the PC user got screwed with some kid-friendly crap. Instead of free-roaming, what do we get? Little web icons along the tops of buildings that are the only place Spidey can latch on to. Lame.

Activision sucks.

It is most likely going to be released on ps2, you know standard formats with the intent to release on the new reveloutionary formats

no, its definately been announced as a PS3 title......

I doubt it will even be on PS2. If it's only on next gen consoles that will heavily promote the sale of those systems, because most likely this movie will be incredibly huge and so will the game. Eveybody will want it. Venom with those graphics?

What if you can be Sandman in this game? Man imagine it!

i think there should be added villians .hydroman,electro.carnage,sandmanhydroman mix,lizard,and the volture including movie villians.come on guy and girls this is a big movie game on a big and powerfull system.

The most important: Replay value. Make so that the villains in the game reappear randomly as you swing around in free roam.

And give all three consoles some exclusives villains, areas and unlockables.

does anybody know what the graphics capabliites will be like on the Revolutions? You know the gamecube, X-Box and PS2 all pretty much had the same graphics. Yeah I know you can get technical with with numbers of colors, and pixels and all that, but for the most part you couldn't tell a differnce with a side by side comparison of most games.

Is that expected to be the case this time around?

I mgiht be wrong but I think the PS3 is the frontrunner in terms of everything that it offers (then again,Ive heard they keep simplifying it to get it as cheap as possible....)

PS3/360 are evenly matched and it will be all about the developpers. Revolution will be the weakest however. But graphics aren't what makes it cool.

TheCardPlayer said:
PS3/360 are evenly matched and it will be all about the developpers. Revolution will be the weakest however. But graphics aren't what makes it cool.

well what I mean is GameCube had the most powerful graphics abilities but the differences were so minor that you wouldn't even notice the difference. Will that be the case? Will there be a signifigant difference between the systems?

Spider-Bite said:
well what I mean is GameCube had the most powerful graphics abilities but the differences were so minor that you wouldn't even notice the difference. Will that be the case? Will there be a signifigant difference between the systems?

:confused: I thought XBOX was the most powerful (DOOM 3, etc.)

Then no, there won't be any visible difference between the PS3 and 360. In fact, the titles available are almost the same with a few exception.

The Revolution's graphics will be noticably worse but it's not graphics that make a game.

TheCardPlayer said:
Then no, there won't be any visible difference between the PS3 and 360. In fact, the titles available are almost the same with a few exception.

The Revolution's graphics will be noticably worse but it's not graphics that make a game.

what kind of difference will there be for the Revolution? are we talking N64 compared to GameCube kind of difference or PS2 to GameCube kind of difference?

It'll definatly be a big title for Ps2, hell, sony used the spiderman font for the ps3!

Spider-man 3 doesn't come out for a looooong time, i'm pretty sure it'll be on the PS3 and X360. Maybe a watered down version for the xbox and ps2, but with the power and abilitly creators will have with the 360 and PS3, this game better be incredible. the jump from SM1 game to SM2 game was great, now if they could make that much progress for SM3 plus the extra strength of the next gen consoles, we better be able to have every detail in the movie in the game and then some. bottomline- I hope it looks and feels incredible to webswing through manhattan

Wait, people are debating whether it will be on the PS2 or PS3 or not?

SM3 the Movie = 2007
PS3 the System = 2006
SM3 the Game = PS3

Spider-Bite said:
I think that with the other games alternate villains were necessary, but for this game the should just stick with the movie villains. I also wonder if they should wait a couple months after the movie comes out to release the game. Otherwise many people people will have the movie spoiled for them if they play the game first.
the spider-man 2 game came out the day before the movie. although i beat it the day it came out, it didnt really ruin anything that important in the story. well, besides the fact that MJ finds out.

also, on www.ign.com if you search for "spider-man 3" it shows the game for PS3, 360, and Revolution. Im guessing that means its only for next-gen systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"