The Official Spider-Man 3 Video Game Thread with Trailer [merged 2x]

webhead731

I'm a photographer
Reaction score
I didn't see one of these, sorry if there has been.

This might be the last Spider-Man movie. IT MIGHT. I hope not though.
Since it might be the last movie, this game needs to be the best Spidey game ever. Here is how it should be in my opinion. Let's start.

We need a menu. Not a picture of Spider-Man swinging and one option that says, "Start Game". Here's what the options should be, and what they should contain.

STORY MODE
FREE-ROAMING MODE
OPTIONS
EXTRAS

STORY MODE:
This is the story of the game. It has the villains from the movie in it, and other villains from the comics. There is no free-roaming in Story Mode. There are inside, and outside levels. In the outside levels there are areas from free roaming mode. The areas are fairly big, but they eventually have an invisible wall. You do your mission objectives like it tells you too. It's simular to the first Spider-Man movie game. If Spider-Man gets the Symbiote in the movie, he should get it in the game, it should be really fun and differennt too. There should be bosses and stuff of course, maybe mini bosses. Story mode should be long, and difficult at times. Not impossible. The bosses should be,

Green Goblin II/Hobgoblin [Harry Osborn.]
Venom [If he's in the movie. If just Eddie Brock in movie, he should be introduced in game.]
Sandman
Vulture
Mysterio [Original comic look, same voice he had in Spider-Man 2, and he is stronger. As in, one punch doesn't do it.]
Shocker [Come on! It could be a joke! Spider-Man: [Sees Shocker.] Dang! How many times do I have to kick the crap out of your head before you learn your lesson?
Lizard [If not in any future movie.]
Electro [If not in any future movie.]
Kraven The Hunter [If not in any future movie.]
Kingpin [Maybe.]
Scorpion [Didn't he run away and we never saw him again?]

That enough? I could come up with more.:D
Not only that, but it should have a good story.

FREE-ROAMING MODE: A HUGE NEW YORK CITY! I'm talkin' huge! The car windows should be able to be seen through, but still reflect the buildings they're by. The buildings, should reflect other buildings, some should be able to be seen through. If Spider-Man is crawling on a building, there should be reflection of him on the windows. If he's swinging, or runnning by a buliding, we should see his reflection on the windows.
Like this.

spiderman_onesheet_800.jpg

Swinging should be fun.
And the times should either be day, evening, night like Spider-Man 2, or it should be like Animal Crossing, when it's day where you live, it's day in the game, when it's night where you live, it's night in the game. Or there should be a time select option where you can choose, day, evening, or night and it will stay like that as long as you want.
This is what evening should look like.

destiny.jpg

Look at the backround. The orange effect looks cool.

choice.jpg

The people on the street should act and move more real-like. There should be puddles that reflect, paper balls on the sidewalk, newspapers lying around, just a bunch of garbage on the streets. And there should be all the crimes that were in Spider-Man 2, and Ultimate Spider-Man, plus more. If someone is getting mugged, the mugger has a man against a wall in a alley threatning, and hitting him, then he takes his money. And if you want to stop him you can, or you can just watch. There needs to be cool music while you play too. Not cheap music. More heroic and something that doesn't get old.

SPIDER-MAN
Spider-Man looked a little weird in the Spider-Man 2 video game. He should look real in this one. His eyes should be reflective, we should see reflections in his eyes. I want more moves and combos, and there should be a sprint button like in Spider-Man 2. I also want to do this again.

spidermanpc4.jpg

And they should keep the thing where you hold the jump button down and that meter charges up and you jump high. Spider-Man's swinging should look super realistic, more motions when he swings, he should look at the building he's going to shoot his next web at while swinging sometimes. And I want all the moves like, Web Ball, Web Fists, and Web Dome back. They should also keep web zip and dodge. They need to make Spider-Man, look, and move more real-like, and make the player really feel like Spider-Man.

OPTIONS MENU: Coming tomorrow!

EXTRAS:
Coming tomorrow!

It's late. I'll post the rest tomorrow. I've been thinking about this for awhile now! Anyway, I'll get the rest of the things I want in this game tomorrow night! Okay?!:spidey::)

I might have forgotten a few things I wanted to say, I'll post them if I remember them.

Guys, I don't know what happened. It says things like or something, I didn't type those. Sorry.:confused:

COOL THREAD, 'WEBHEAD'.................HEY, THAT RHYMED! :eek::up: :D

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE 'SPIDEY' GAMES FORUM, BUT I KNOW THERE WAS AT LEAST ONE THREAD CONCERNING THE NEXT MOVIE GAME. I EVEN POSTED SOME PICS OF SOME 3-D CGI ANIMATION WORK A GUY POSTED ON SOME CG ARTISTS FORUM, LAST YEAR. IT LOOKED ALMOST LIKE WHAT I'D EXPECT......AT THE LEAST.......FROM A NEXT-GEN 'SPIDEY' GAME.

*EDIT* YOU CAN SEE IT HERE... WARNING: YOU MIGHT SOIL YOURSELF WHEN YOU WATCH THE VIDEO.

ANYWAY, I LOVE THE MENU OPTIONS IDEA; A SEPARATE FREE-ROAM/STORY MODE IS SOMETHING I'D BEEN WANTING MYSELF.

AS FOR GRAPHICS, I WANT SOMETHING CLOSE TO THE CUTSCENES FROM THE LAST GAME; IF I START SEEING SCREENSHOTS SIMILAR TO THE CRAP WE GOT FROM 'S-M2', I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO BUY THE GAME. :down

GAMEPLAY NEEDS TO BE MUCH LESS LINEAR, AND THE SIDEQUESTS...........WELL, I'M SURE YOU KNOW WHAT I THOUGHT ABOUT THE 'S-M2' NON-STORY "MISSIONS". IF THEY CAN'T COME UP WITH SOMETHING BETTER THAN THAT ****, THEY NEED TO SELL THE 'SPIDEY' LICENSE TO SOMEONE MORE CAPABLE. :o

If that was the game play. I would not only wet my pants but I would defecate all over the seat...which has a thin gap inbetween...making a little poop grinder. :eek:

The Amazing Lee said:
If that was the game play. I would not only wet my pants but I would defecate all over the seat...which has a thin gap inbetween...making a little poop grinder. :eek:

YEAH, I KNOW. JUST KNOWING THAT AN "AMATEUR" CGI ARTIST COULD MAKE
THAT, GIVES ME HOPE THAT THE ACTUAL GAME MIGHT LOOK SIMILAR. THE ONLY THING THAT MIGHT SCREW IT UP, IS THAT 'ACTIVISION' WILL PROBABLY PULL THE SAME CRAP THEY DID WITH 'GUN' AND 'TONY HAWK: AW', AND JUST MAKE A NEXT-GEN VERSION, BASED OFF THE LOW-END TECH OF THE 'PS2'.
HOWEVER, SINCE SONY......THE OWNER OF THE 'SPIDER-MAN' MOVIE RIGHTS.......HAS ALREADY BOASTED THAT THE 'PS3' COULD PRODUCE A 'SPIDEY' GAME WITH GRAPHICS ON PAR WITH THE MOVIE, THEY MIGHT NOT ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN. LET'S KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED. :)

THWIP* said:
YEAH, I KNOW. JUST KNOWING THAT AN "AMATEUR" CGI ARTIST COULD MAKE
THAT, GIVES ME HOPE THAT THE ACTUAL GAME MIGHT LOOK SIMILAR. THE ONLY THING THAT MIGHT SCREW IT UP, IS THAT 'ACTIVISION' WILL PROBABLY PULL THE SAME CRAP THEY DID WITH 'GUN' AND 'TONY HAWK: AW', AND JUST MAKE A NEXT-GEN VERSION, BASED OFF THE LOW-END TECH OF THE 'PS2'.
HOWEVER, SINCE SONY......THE OWNER OF THE 'SPIDER-MAN' MOVIE RIGHTS.......HAS ALREADY BOASTED THAT THE 'PS3' COULD PRODUCE A 'SPIDEY' GAME WITH GRAPHICS ON PAR WITH THE MOVIE, THEY MIGHT NOT ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN. LET'S KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED. :)

I like Activision and don't get me wrong, Spider-man and the city in game number 2 were great. it was just the rest of it that could have been improved :o

The Amazing Lee said:
I like Activision and don't get me wrong, Spider-man and the city in game number 2 were great. it was just the rest of it that could have been improved :o

I HATED THE 'S-M2' GAME, EXCEPT FOR THE WEBSWINGING. THE GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY IN THE FIRST WERE MUUUCH BETTER, IMO. OF COURSE, THE ONLY REASON THE 2ND GAME SUFFERED SO MUCH, GRAPHICALLY, IS.....AGAIN....BECAUSE OF THE 'PS2'. I'LL BE SO GLAD WHEN GAME DEVELOPERS STOP MAKING MULTI-PLATFORM/CROSS-GEN GAMES FOR THAT REASON. :o

At times a PS2 leaves much to be desired but I like the PS2 :up:

I am ashamed to say I've never owned an Xbox.

The Amazing Lee said:
At times a PS2 leaves much to be desired but I like the PS2 :up:

I am ashamed to say I've never owned an Xbox.

I ENDED MY INFATUATION WITH MY 'PS2' (FOR WHICH I WAITED IN LINE FOR 13 HOURS AT LAUNCH), AS SOON AS I GOT TO PLAY 'S-M1' ON AN XBOX. I BOUGHT AN XBOX, TRADED IN MY CRAPPY 'PS2' VERSION OF 'S-M1' FOR THE XBOX VERSION......AND I HAVEN'T LOOKED BACK SINCE. :o
WITHOUT FAIL, IF A MULTI-PLATFORM GAME IS LACKING GRAPHICALLY, IT'S BECAUSE OF THE 'PS2'. ONCE I REALIZED THAT, I BEGAN MY CRUSADE AGAINST SONY, AND THEIR OVER-HYPED MACHINE.

Problems with Spider-man 2:
1. Fighting engine.
2. Enemies were too skilled. Hobos dodging a webshot EVERY TIME? And I can't dodge their thrown beer bottles? :rolleyes: Get rid of the didging system entirely, please.
3. Webswinging needs more (and better) animations. Spidey should swing with one hand "Like he does in everything" and transition to the other hand.

One thing that pissed me off about Spider-man 2 was the lack of costumes and alternate players. The first movie's costumes were way better. Plus you actually played as the Goblin, who got a new story line and totally new controls. I longed to do that with Ock, no such luck, hopefully we'll be able to play as Harry again this time round. :up:

Electro UK said:
One thing that pissed me off about Spider-man 2 was the lack of costumes and alternate players. The first movie's costumes were way better. Plus you actually played as the Goblin, who got a new story line and totally new controls. I longed to do that with Ock, no such luck, hopefully we'll be able to play as Harry again this time round. :up:

IT WAS PAINFULLY OBVIOUS, THAT THEY SPENT SO MUCH TIME ON THE NEW WEBSLINGING (AND FOOLISHLY THOUGHT THAT ALONE WOULD MAKE A GREAT 'SPIDEY' GAME), THAT THEY JUST CRAPPED THE REST OF THE GAME OUT ON THEIR COLLECTIVE HAND, AND SMEARED IT ON A DISC.

THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO HAVE SCREWED WITH THE FIGHTING MECHANICS FROM 'S-M1' LIKE THEY DID. IF THEY'D ADDED SOME MOVES, IT WOULD'VE BEEN GREAT; INSTEAD, THEY TAKE AWAY SOME OF THE BEST ONES, ADD SOME REALLY STUPID "UN-SPIDEY-LIKE" MOVES (THAT'S RIGHT.......SPIDEY CAN'T REALLY FLY OR DO TORNADO-LIKE FINISHING MOVES FROM THE AIR :rolleyes: ), AND FORCE YOU TO USE THOSE CRAPPY MOVES.....INCLUDING THE ALL-TOO-NECESSARY "DODGE" MOVE (AS 'WHF' SAID).....WAAAAY TOO DAMN MUCH. IF I WANTED TO FIGHT THE SAME STUPID THUGS, WITH THE SAME STUPID COMBAT MOVES, OVER AND OVER........I'D STILL BE PLAYING 'DOUBLE DRAGON' ON A SNES. :down:rolleyes:

THWIP* said:
IT WAS PAINFULLY OBVIOUS, THAT THEY SPENT SO MUCH TIME ON THE NEW WEBSLINGING (AND FOOLISHLY THOUGHT THAT ALONE WOULD MAKE A GREAT 'SPIDEY' GAME), THAT THEY JUST CRAPPED THE REST OF THE GAME OUT ON THEIR COLLECTIVE HAND, AND SMEARED IT ON A DISC.
Well I have to admit, the swinging was really, really good. It's actually the whole reason I got the game (couldn't give a crap about the campaign in this one) and it's why I still play it today. This game gave me the control of Spider-man I craved, and damnit, I wish they did it with the first one.

THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO HAVE SCREWED WITH THE FIGHTING MECHANICS FROM 'S-M1' LIKE THEY DID. IF THEY'D ADDED SOME MOVES, IT WOULD'VE BEEN GREAT; INSTEAD, THEY TAKE AWAY SOME OF THE BEST ONES, ADD SOME REALLY STUPID "UN-SPIDEY-LIKE" MOVES (THAT'S RIGHT.......SPIDEY CAN'T REALLY FLY OR DO TORNADO-LIKE FINISHING MOVES FROM THE AIR :rolleyes: ), AND FORCE YOU TO USE THOSE CRAPPY MOVES.....INCLUDING THE ALL-TOO-NECESSARY "DODGE" MOVE (AS 'WHF' SAID).....WAAAAY TOO DAMN MUCH. IF I WANTED TO FIGHT THE SAME STUPID THUGS, WITH THE SAME STUPID COMBAT MOVES, OVER AND OVER........I'D STILL BE PLAYING 'DOUBLE DRAGON' ON A SNES. :down:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
I agree. I actually liked the fighting system from the first game. It worked, and it was fair. I must say enemies dodging better than Spider-man is a bit unfair and just goofy.

However, the larger areas and webswinging more than made up for it. Hopefully with this game they'll take the best parts from each game and bring them together. And they must exclude the punk rock, for crap sake.

Hey! They should use the same score as the movie for once!!! :eek: :eek: :mad:

Okay guys, I'm going to post the rest. It should be in about midnight or so, maybe earlier.:up:

As long as they capture the fun of web slinging like in 2 then It should be alright.

Fix the wall crawling (buildings are not perfectly flat... make use of that like in the film) It should be like speed climbing... on drugs.

More spiderman moves (jumping, bouncing, backflips) so you really more around like spiderman.

No more double jump in the air wierdness :down

More animations.

More interaction with the environment

THWIP* said:
I EVEN POSTED SOME PICS OF SOME 3-D CGI ANIMATION WORK A GUY POSTED ON SOME CG ARTISTS FORUM, LAST YEAR. IT LOOKED ALMOST LIKE WHAT I'D EXPECT......AT THE LEAST.......FROM A NEXT-GEN 'SPIDEY' GAME.

*EDIT* YOU CAN SEE IT HERE... WARNING: YOU MIGHT SOIL YOURSELF WHEN YOU WATCH THE VIDEO.

Holy Crap :eek:

That is what the next Spidey game should be like :up:

real cool link thwip. I'm hoping to see something about spidey at E3. Isn't it confirmed that theres going t be a classic Spidey game coming out next gen, too? Like a little after SM3 i remember.

WeeZiTe said:
real cool link thwip. I'm hoping to see something about spidey at E3. Isn't it confirmed that theres going t be a classic Spidey game coming out next gen, too? Like a little after SM3 i remember.

YEAH, I REMEMBER WHEN I FIRST FOUND THAT, I NUTTED SO HARD, I ALMOST RUINED MY KEYBOARD. :D :O

Options: This should have all the little things you can mess with, sound and stuff. It should also have an option where you can turn on a widescreen mode. So you can play the game in widescreen. And there should be a "Code Input" where you can enter cheats.

Extras: What Spider-Man 2 sucked at. We better get some freakin' good extras this time. Here are the "Extras Options".

Level Select-We best get this. Spider-Man 2 made me very mad when I saw there was no level select. I want one.:hulk:

Movie Viewer-You can view all the cut scenes in the game here. Spider-Man 2 didn't have one of these either.

Character Viewer-Remember the Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro games for Playstation? We need one of these. You can view All the characters in the game here. Heroes, villains, and everything else. You use the control stick to move around the character you're currently viewing, and you can look at him from all directions. Also, you can view things like, 1st Apperance in Comic, Real Name, Orgin, Powers, Strength Level, Agility, and more. You can press a certain button on the controller and hear their voice, press other buttons and maybe see them do some of their attacks.

The Movie-This is where you can look at and watch,

Production art
Trailers for the movie
[Maybe just the teaser.]
Behind The Scenes [A short clip.]
Character Concepts [Not every concept but some. There should be a "Making of Book" for Spider-Man 3 with all of them in it.]
Movie Photos [Photos from the movie. Alot of them.]

And that should be about it for that. I might think of some more later. You should have to unlock most of those, you just start with a few.

Comics-Just cool comics from the 60's and stuff that you can view.

Cheat Menu-You have to unlock the cheats by going through Story Mode and Free-Roaming Mode, or just using codes. There should be a bunch of them of course. Here are some I want. You just switch them on and off.

Invincibility
Costumes
[Just give us a bunch of costumes from the comics. You can wear them during the game kind of like in the Playstation ones.]
All Moves
All Extras
Level Select
Big Head Mode
Play as Aunt May
[Skin. You're Spider-Man but you just look like Aunt May. That would be funny.:rolleyes:]
Playable Green Goblin [If he's a villain in the movie and game, we should get this. You play as Harry, just like the first game. This time you should have "The Laugh". It would be cool to fly around on the glider in Free-Roaming Mode with the bombs and stuff!:eek:]
Playable Venom [If he's in the movie and game only. You are Venom, not a Spider-Man who looks like him.]
Symbiote Spider-Man [not a skin, actual Symbiote. You have all of it's powers and stuff.]

Those are a few I can think of. A playable Sandman would be cool, but how would he get around fast? I didn't have Unlimited Webbing down because we should have that already without cheats.
I think I've got everything, I'll post anything that I forgot if I remember! Feel free to share your ideas!:spidey::D:up:

"Movie Viewer-You can view all the cut scenes in the game here. Spider-Man 2 didn't have one of these either."

YEAH IT DID. :confused:

THWIP* said:
"Movie Viewer-You can view all the cut scenes in the game here. Spider-Man 2 didn't have one of these either."

YEAH IT DID. :confused:

:confused:No it didn't. It had a movie theather where you could watch the credits but like anyone cared for that. We couldn't view things like when Mysterio revealed himself at the theather and stuff.

webhead731 said:
:confused:No it didn't. It had a movie theather where you could watch the credits but like anyone cared for that. We couldn't view things like when Mysterio revealed himself at the theather and stuff.

I KNOW DAMN WELL I UNLOCKED THE ABILITY TO WATCH THE CUTSCENES. DON'T CONFUSE ME.....I'M OLD, AND IRRITABLE. :down:mad:

THWIP* said:
I KNOW DAMN WELL I UNLOCKED THE ABILITY TO WATCH THE CUTSCENES. DON'T CONFUSE ME.....I'M OLD, AND IRRITABLE. :down:mad:

:eek:How?! I can't unlock them! I never met anybody who has! I'm not saying I believe you, but I'm not saying I don't believe you. How did you do it, and where do you veiw them? Please help.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"