Iron Man What to read before next may?

webhead921

Civilian
Reaction score
The previews for the Iron Man movie look sweet, but I don't really know much about him. I want to read about him before watching the movie. The only Iron Man i've read is in the Ultimates and in Civil War. He is one of my favorite characters in the Ultimates, but I think it's safe to assume that he is very different from 616 Iron Man. Are there any Iron man tpbs that anyone would recommend reading before watching the movie?

I would pick up Essential Iron Man volume 1 & 2, Iron Man Extemis TPB, Iron Man Armor Wars TPB & Hero's Reborn Iron Man TPB, and start picking up the monthly issues, they are actually very good reads right.

Just get all the trades on the new run beginning with Extremis. That seems to be where this movie is getting most of it's inspiration from and all you need to know about the guy is pretty much covered in there.

New Avengers is also good.

Some other good ones to read that the movie will have characters on are The Invincible Iron Man #'s 163(first appearance of Obediah Stane), and #200(first appearance of Iron Monger).

Thanks for info guys, might catch a few IM comics before May.

Armor Wars is seminal, plus the Silver Centurion armor is showcased. Beginning w/ issue #225 and going until I think #229 or #230. In TPB format.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"