What TV shows do you think shouldn't have been cancelled?

CBG

Sidekick
Reaction score
For me. . .

- Angel
- The Adventures of Shirley Holmes
- Eerie Indiana
- Family Matters
- Ghostwriter
- Space Cases
- Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

Undeclared. Great comedy that was cancelled too soon.

Oh and I agree with CBG with Angel and Ghost Writer.

Firefly
John Doe
Surface
Invisible Man
Farscape
Dark Angel
Angel

Journeyman
Firefly

For me. . .

- Angel
- Eerie Indiana
- Family Matters
- Ghostwriter
- Space Cases

really? Urkel was getting too old and annoying. IMO, it was canceled at the right time.

Wasn't Family Matters on for 10 years? Anything past 5 years is good. Sure it sucks to see a show "cancelled" but if its had a long run then it doesn't sting as much as losing shows that only just begun.

Did enjoy Shirley Holmes.

Veronica Mars
Arrested Development
Andy Richter Controls the Universe
The Ben Stiller Show (did embarrass Fox by winning an Emmy after being cancelled)
The Lone Gunmen

arrested development.

i heard the blade series was good but i never saw it.

Angel couldve of gone longer. I think Buffy was cancelled but im not sure.

Wasn't Family Matters on for 10 years? Anything past 5 years is good. Sure it sucks to see a show "cancelled" but if its had a long run then it doesn't sting as much as losing shows that only just begun.
according to imdb, it went for 9 seasons.

Veronica Mars
Arrested Development
Andy Richter Controls the Universe
The Ben Stiller Show (did embarrass Fox by winning an Emmy after being cancelled)
The Lone Gunmen

Good choices. I also like the other Andy Richter show, Andy Barker P.I.

Family ties- i watch family reuion off the net. they talked about doing another season of it

the wonder years. I heard they were going to do another season of it too.

Early Edition - they didn't even have season fineal on the show. i would like to know how and why he got the paper.

I would like to see the Invisible Man man.

another show was DayBreak. its like groundhog day. it was about cop who repeat the day over and over aging. it didn't last long.

For me. . .

- Angel
- Eerie Indiana
- Family Matters
- Ghostwriter
- Space Cases

The show did suck when it was moved over to CBS.:csad: And it had been running long enough. Still though, I would've love to have seen how the show would pay tribute to the actress who played Myra. Who died 2-3 months after the series finale. :csad:

Family ties- i watch family reuion off the net. they talked about doing another season of it

the wonder years. I heard they were going to do another season of it too.

Early Edition - they didn't even have season fineal on the show. i would like to know how and why he got the paper.

I would like to see the Invisible Man man.

another show was DayBreak. its like groundhog day. it was about cop who repeat the day over and over aging. it didn't last long.

I heard they were going to continue through the college years to his adult life. I would've love to have seen an episode of when Kevin's dad dies. That **** would have been sad as ****. :csad:

As for Daybreak. Great show on a ****ty network. I'm glad that the network did air all episodes online. It gave closure to the conspiracy but still left no explanation to why the repeat factor was happening.

As for my choices. Any series that ended with no proper ending. :cmad:

Angel, hands down.

It has been reduced to a poor comic adaptation. It really had at least one more season in it if not 2.​

Firefly
Arrested Development
Undeclared
Wonderfalls
Titus
Veronica Mars
Freaks and Geeks

I'd say Angel, but I thought it went out at the top of it's game and had one of the best finales ever. Sure it could've gone on, but 5 seasons is good.

Season 5 of Angel was one of the best cases of a show rebounding from a downer season I've ever seen! Season 4 was such a gloomy season, I couldn't there was any saving the show, then season 5 starts, and it was pure gold from start to finish! So many great stand-alone episodes, and a very strong underlying plotline throughout the season, and a finale that was perfect for a character like Angel.

I forgot about arrested development. Hopefully they'll make a movie.

WRESTLING SOCIETY X
M.A.N.T.I.S.
Firefly
Superboy
Red Dwarf
Enterprise
Cavemen

depends-- so much stuff would have been interesting to see go further--
for stuff that lasted 3 seasons or less:

What's Happening- hard to believe it was only 3 seasons.. but they had the "what's happening now" show in the 80's..
Blade
Manimal
G. vs. E.- great wild sci-fi show; heck, "Reaper" more or less swipes the concept..

Longer-Lived shows
Fresh Prince of Bel Air- would have been nice to see Will graduate from college..
Martin- a sex-harassment lawsuit crippled the 5th season..

as far as action/sci-fi/fantasy in general:
Six Million Dollar Man
Bionic Woman
Knight Rider

Firefly
Arrested Development
Undeclared

Wonderfalls
Titus
Veronica Mars
Freaks and Geeks

I'd say Angel, but I thought it went out at the top of it's game and had one of the best finales ever. Sure it could've gone on, but 5 seasons is good.

I defintely agree with these choices.......

WRESTLING SOCIETY X
M.A.N.T.I.S.
Firefly
Superboy
Red Dwarf
Enterprise
Cavemen

You've got to be kidding me?

As for Family Matters, it's earlier seasons were the better seasons. It was focused on the Winslows, and was actually about...family matters. Then the show did the worst thing a show could ever do: completely turn into a different show than it was originally. When Steve Urkel (originally just a side character) gained more popularity, they decided to make the show all about him, and pushing the Winslows into being supporting characters. It went from a down to earth show, to a fantasy show. Once that started, with each season, it got worse and worse. Don't get me wrong, some episodes were still funny, but some were also horrible, and it goes downhill from there. Did anyone ever catch the series finale of the show? That one episode fully shows how bad the show had gotten.

Sports Night
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
Arrested Development
Futurama
Twin Peaks

Angel
Futurama
Family Guy( but of course its back)
point pleasant

The 4400
Blade: The Series

USA should have just allowed The 4400 to continue on the SCI-Fi channel and Blade should have never been on Spike in the first place. It should have always been on FX or HBO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"