What villain do you think Burton would have done a good job ofbringing to the screen?

Burton would have brought an interesting twist to all characters, it's part of his motif.

He could have made quite a beautiful mise-en-scene around Mister Freeze- just look at Edward Scissorhands, especially at the moment where Winona Ryder is dancing in the snow- he could have made it truly haunting/tragic/touching in relation to Nora.

The Scarecrow would have been frightening, and we can look at Sleepy Hollow somewhat, for a small idea of how he could have imagined Crane.

The Mad Hatter would have been creepy and disturbing... maybe like a smaller Willy Wonka from his Charlie & the Chocolate Factory.

We don't need to think about Killer Croc, as his story was already done in Batman Returns.

I think Man Bat would've been right up his alley as he was a fan of a lot of the old school "mad scientist creates a monster" horror films. He could've gone hogwild with Kirk Langstrom.

Scarecrow, Riddler, Two-Face, Mad Hatter, Ventriloquist & Scarface, and the one villain I've always wanted to see on the Silver Screen, Professor Hugo Strange.

Scarecrow immediately comes to mind. I believe Burton's visual style and embrace of the more fantastic elements of character would have been vivid and terrifying.

I'd have an interest in his Ventriloquist/Scarface too.

So we all agree Burton could have done any Bat-villain justice.

All of Burton's villains were vivid and full of life, even those who didn't sport costumes. There might have been some issues in dealing with the macabre too much in some of the possible choices, but I don't believe any villain was beyond his reach concerning an appealing adaptation.

So we all agree Burton could have done any Bat-villain justice.
Not necessarily true...I HATED his interpretation of Penguin...Loved Catwoman, though...I honestly think he might have mushed up Two-face, seeing as how he wasn't HUGELY inspired by the comics- you really gotta brush up on history to peg Mr. Dent(just look at how Forever had him as a Joker clone)...Scarecrow, Bane, Hatter, Riddler all coulda been great in my eyes...Man-Bat freeze or Clayface...Decent...Ivy? Honestly I've never been interested in seeing her story taken to the big screen in the first place...Screw her...I also agree his killer Croc probably would just be a close rip of his Penguin- sewer dweller with a bone to pick...looking to take down all of mankind...

I think Burton would of done a brilliant Harley Quinn, to me she seems the epitome of a Burton character.:o

Say burton had directed more films after BR.
what villians do u think he could brought succesfully fromthe comics to the big screen?

I always think he could have done a great Scarecrow, MAd Hatter, or Black Mask given his sensiblilites.

I would've liked to see his Scarecrow (at the time I was pulling for Jeff Goldblum) or his Riddler (Robin Williams was who I had in mind.)

I'm itching for Joker to have Harley Quinn by his side in a Batman movie,but a Harley Quinn who is a murderer and sicko like him. :yay:
It's time for a villian to have a villian love interest in a Batman movie.
:o

Didn't it state somewhere Burton said he wanted the Riddler to be a brilliant psycho/stalker with a question mark shaved into his head?

Yeah, that was his idea, we kind of got the stalker thing with the riddler in Forever

Mad Hatter all the way.

Scarecrow would have been okay, and I think his adaptation of Mr. Freeze would have been pretty cool too.

......No pun intended.

Personally, I'd like to see him of done a Clayface, Scarecrow, Mr.Zsasz.

C

I'm not a Burton fan, and not a fan of his Batman world- but I feel that he could have pulled off Two-face and Harvey Dent as a very sympathetic character...he loves to empathize with freaks, so it's perfect for him.

Scarecrow, he would have done wonders with and made him very nightmarish and I feel that he could have done a great rendition of Arkham Asylum. Why he didn't utilize this in his films was beyond me. I would have liked to see a third Burton film. I think Batman Forever is the second best film from the old franchise, but probably would have traded that and Batman & Robin for a third and final chapter in the Burton/Keaton trilogy with either- Two-face, Scarecrow, Riddler or Ventriloquist- or a mismatch of all of them.

-R

Scarecrow is the biggest one that comes to mind.

I also think he could of done Hugo Strange pretty god damn well.

I bet Black Mask, Harley Guinn and The Ventriloquist/w Scarface would have worked as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"