What was the biggest problem with Dr. Doom?

Oh, and they could have made Doom's powers a little less "Electro" like.

I'd say: no powers.

Doom's powers come from his intelligence and his drive. IF the very weak writer (Frost) would read with attention one or two good FF comicbooks, he would grasp that Doom blames Reed Richards (and hates him for the intellectual competition), and is deeply bounded to magic through his mother, whom he loves above all.

They left the character like a bad rip-off from first Spidey's Norman Osborn, and a silly motivation: "You took my girl e my experience"; even worse, a coward, that Doom would never be, closing the shields to protect himself. Doom is always courteous with women, he has an honor system, and that botched crap is just a preen, mindless executive.

It's hard to choose only one biggest problem.
Of course his origin was horrendous, of course his Green Goblininess was terrible, of course he looked like a little twerp in his slacks and shoes and tight, girly coat....but the thing that forced me to leave the theater in embarrassment was his voice after he put on the mask...and his decidedly un-Doom dialogue...
marcopolodoom.jpg

What's wrong with th^t picture?

I agree. The dialog for Doom was a big problem. The whole concept of Doom, and what he was about was just wroung. But let's hope that is corrected in the sequel.

It would take a miracle to repair Doom's reputation thanks to the first Fantastic Bore movie.

blind_fury said:
It would take a miracle to repair Doom's reputation thanks to the first Fantastic Bore movie.

PDNFTT

greenlantern530 said:
Ay yo, how old are you exactly?

Why does it matter, if he's a kid, who cares....if he's not who cares....he enjoyed the character....

greenlantern530 said:
Ay yo, how old are you exactly?

I'm 51 and have a Clobering Time Thing. So yo, what's your problem exactly ?

Thats not exactly a strong argument....next....

It's easier to list what they got right with Doom. Let's see... they got his name right, and they mentioned Latveria a couple of times. That's pretty much it.

Quasar said:
It's easier to list what they got right with Doom. Let's see... they got his name right, and they mentioned Latveria a couple of times. That's pretty much it.

He also looked damn good from the neck up:

doom01.jpg

Willie Lumpkin said:
He also looked damn good from the neck up:

doom01.jpg

And then he had to go and open his mouth.....:o

JMAfan said:
Why does it matter, if he's a kid, who cares....if he's not who cares....he enjoyed the character....

Oh, It doesn't matter, I was just wondering..

greenlantern530 said:
Oh, It doesn't matter, I was just wondering..

Thank you for popping in green. Always enjoy your insightful comments. Oh and by the way, I have the 06 FF calander also.

I think the only problem I had with him was his voice. I think it should have been altered to sound less victor von doom.

His costume is his biggest problem to me I'm not really feeling it.

I agree, the costume could have been better. The neck up was good, as Willie says. After watching "Star Wars: ROTS: last night, I think they could have copromised on the cape thing by using the tunic look that Anakin has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"