What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toy Story 4

Fantastic animation, some very funny bits, liked the new characters, not a big fan of the story

7/10

3/5

Not as good as the first but still enjoyable. Leaned into comedy territory a bit more but I recommend it if you enjoyed the original.

3.5/5

Fun film although a bit predictable like the majority of RomComs out there. Both Park and Wong were really good but a certain someone stole the show in the few scenes he was in.

IMG958385.gif

4/5

Finally got around to this one. Pleasantly surprised that Steven Knight actually pulled this off. The entire film takes place in a car and it kept my interest throughout. Hardy was damn good in this and a bit of a different role for him which was a nice change of pace.

iu

71VDlRubWtL._SL1000_.jpg

Ratatouille
(re-watch)

Few animated films can boast a script as matured as Ratatouille. More suited for adults than kids, Ratatouille at its heart is about a character coming-of-age who pursues his dreams in an unsympathetic world. Pixar's magic continues by taking high concepts such as culinary arts into a family-friendly outing that delivers the goods and drama. Accompanied by terrific visuals and soundtrack Ratatouille is a blast and thoroughly enjoyable.

Ratatouille is an excellent film, but not without its faults. The story is engrossing when Remy, the rat cook, is the focus but drags when Linguini, the human partner of Remy, takes center stage. Due to its fast pace, the comedy often overtakes the emotional beats by failing to present introspection, especially in the first hour. The film hits its peak when the story shifts to Remy's family in the second half.

9/10

51J4w08ROJL.jpg

Wonder Woman (rewatch)

Wonder Woman rips straight from the comics what makes the character the greatest female superhero. Led by Gal gadot who embodies the character, Wonder Woman succeeds by presenting a character who is strong, resolute but ever curious to her place in the world. Director Patty Jenkins successfully presents not jut feminist but also universal themes without being contrived, something everyone can truly embrace. Accompanied by stunning visuals, Wonder Woman also works as a summer spectacle worth the ticket. The romance is genuine with Gadot and Pine's chemistry carrying the film. Fans of Greek mythology will not be disappointed as it pays homage to its ideals, while sprinkling a modern touch. The villains are, however, the weak link with weak motivations.

8/10

Alien Covenant

I'm not sure entirely why. It has been a few years but it so far is not quite as disappointing as I remember. The usual screw ups of (allegedly) smart people doing stupid things still stands though.

Colors (1988)

I honestly don't think I've seen this one since back at the cinema. A nice rewatch in which Duvall and Penn has great interaction. Damon Wayans actually has a minor role, and his over the top character is quite entertaining.

SF8XM4D.jpg

YhPfDIv.jpg

SPsgV1Z.jpg

hcL1Q2p.jpg

What did you think of this one?
It's slow, particularly in the middle, which does hinder it, but I enjoyed revisiting it nonetheless. I found the kills to be inventive, and I liked that the reasons behind the witch's vengeance were elaborated on.

In honor of its 30th anniversary, I rewatched "Honey, I Shrunk The Kids."

What finer way for Joe Johnston to debut his crowd-pleasing, effects-driven, high-concept-friendly directorial expertise than with an imaginative, fun, and refreshingly simple film. Basic, yet effective character work. Brilliant set design. A terrific score from the late, great James Horner. Toss in the eminently likable Rick Moranis in what some would say is his most iconic role, and you get a real solid time.

(7/10)

Talked about it more in-depth here!

Uncle Drew

This really is a fun movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"