What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Old Man & the Gun

Robert Redford's last staring role. He made a cameo in Endgame. The film is brief, breezy, likable but lightweight. I would have preferred more meat on the bones.

men-in-black-international-poster.jpg
Rating?

Brightburn
Kept me interested all the way through, however with the way it ended It seemed like there should be some kind of ending that's missing

SLyyxdC.jpg

Velvet Buzzsaw

I'm beginning to think Nightcrawler was a fluke when it comes to Dan Gilroy as a director. This was an absolute snooze-fest of a horror/comedy/satire which I supposed this was attempting to be. All the characters in here are basically cardboard cutouts of pretentious art snobs are and they all fall flat. The movie meanders a lot. The first hour of this could have been cut out and the results would still be the same. Even as a horror movie this was weak, even though some of the kills were interesting. Overall, it's abysmal and a waste of time.
3/10

John Wick: Chapter 2 - 9/10
Watching this again, I liked it more than the first. It’s more stylish, action packed, and interesting. I’m pretty sure that’s not a popular opinion, but whatever. However, Chapter 3 remains the best.

JW 3 > JW 2 > JW

QB3826G.jpg

Anna

Hilariously goofy. If someone told me this was made back in the late 90s, I would believe them. It's Luc Besson trying to recapture his glory days with Nikita only his script isn't nearly as interesting as it used to be. I will say it starts off pretty strong, they do a great job setting up Sasha Luss as Anna. For a model and a first time actress, she was able to carry this pretty well, acting wise. I also thought Helen Mirren was pretty good. Once the movie hits you with the 3rd flashback/forward, you begin to wonder if the movie was too scared to keep any of the mystery or just want you to throw you off on any double or triple crosses. It's also when the movie starts getting really goofy and once it gets to the last act, it practically becomes a romantic comedy. The action was decent even though it's a far cry from Atomic Blonde or even John Wick. The best fight scene is what you've seen in the trailer. There's also a ton of continuity errors because the movie takes place in the late 80s and yet you'll see laptops from the late 90s and extras using cell phones. Overall, it's mostly a dud outside of a few moments.
5.5/10

Last edited:
SrVOvrK.jpg

A Vigilante

Loved it. It's a fantastic low budget character study of a woman trying to do combat domestic abusers in a very methodical way. It's very meticulous in how a vigilante operates. Olivia Wilde did a phenomenal job and the director, Sarah Daggar-Nickson is probably the biggest surprise here. The shot selection and the cinematography is what really elevates this. There's a shift in tone in the 3rd act where it becomes more of a traditional thriller, but it was still really well made. Overall, it's a must watch.
9/10

Late Night w/ Mindy Kaling

A decent comedy flick with some funny riffs on late night TV production, also filled with heavy-handed SJW messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"