What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
large_8kmqZy4K39eoXhPJ3dmXTBw3z92.jpg

I always thought that David Lynch's ERASERHEAD was the weirdest thing ever made....and then today I watched this....it wins as weirdest now,
MV5BYzMwYzNmMTYtZGQ4Ni00MGYwLTgzYjUtNjc3MTc4MGMxNzIxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTI3MDM2Mzc@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,714,1000_AL_.jpg

Just finished Nocturnal Animals and I'm super confused, I think I'm reading WAY too much into the duel story.

Everything with Jake and Michael Shannon stuff is the book. All the other stuff with Amy Adams is actually past and present/the real story etc. Some of the stuff is way too on the nose, but I still really liked the movie. What a haunting score.

upload_2020-5-18_17-18-11.jpeg
upload_2020-5-18_17-19-23.jpeg

You what these two movies have in common? They’re both poorly reviewed adaptions that were released in August, and they both made by Fox(RIP).

Everything with Jake and Michael Shannon stuff is the book. All the other stuff with Amy Adams is actually past and present/the real story etc. Some of the stuff is way too on the nose, but I still really liked the movie. What a haunting score.

Without spoiling the ending,
I believe there to be a crossover in him dying both in book in order to ease her guilt, hence he didn't appear at the end.
that's how I read it.

Without spoiling the ending,
I believe there to be a crossover in him dying both in book in order to ease her guilt, hence he didn't appear at the end.
that's how I read it.

I really don't remember the ending that much, but I don't think he
is dead in present day storyline. He simply got back at her in a way. He actually kills her ''image'' in his book. He also pretty much tells her through the book storyline that he would've died for her, gone all the way for their relationship, but she threw it all the way. Thus, why the ending is so poignant from what I remember, she knows she messed up. You actually made me want to give it a rewatch. Heh.

I really don't remember the ending that much, but I don't think he
is dead in present day storyline. He simply got back at her in a way. He actually kills her ''image'' in his book. He also pretty much tells her through the book storyline that he would've died for her, gone all the way for their relationship, but she threw it all the way. Thus, why the ending is so poignant from what I remember, she knows she messed up. You actually made me want to give it a rewatch. Heh.

Aye, get the 'mistake aspect of it', that she regrets her actions, as you say, it's a shade of story within both that unsettles, but I read it as her actions of what she did to him, 'killed him, killed his soul, his spirit' and so as he had died in the story, he too died in real life and so she'd lost her life and killed him too effectively

but never got that impression from the story that he is dead in real life.
I'll rewatch and get back to ya.

joker_ver2_xxlg.jpg

Wow. I.. uh, really misjudged this movie. After seeing several lengthy clips of this film online, and hearing about Pheonix's Oscar win, I assumed this was going to be one of the best comic book films out there, possibly even topping The Dark Knight.

Nope.

I.. hated this movie. The cinematography was nice, I'll give it that. Phoenix got the laugh down pretty well. But, other than that? It was pretty boring imo. It didn't engage me on an emotional level. It didn't keep me on the edge of my seat. I just found it to be really dull.

No lie, I found Scoob! to be more entertaining than this.

4/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"