Comics What was with the Batman fight in Lex Luthor:Man of Steel?

Morgoth

Sidekick
Reaction score
I really didn't like this book, one sec he's talking to Lex then you see Bats on a roof holding Kryptonite then he seems to drop it, then Supes pops up and beats up Batman, then Bruce gives Lex what he wants.

I don't know why they fought and I don't think Superman would just start fighting Bats and then Bruce helping Lex. I don't get it.

All of the dialogue between Batman and Superman during that scene happened off panel, I believe. It wasn't important to the story at all, so it was omitted or was never written to begin with.

All that we do need to know is that Lex convinced Batman to try to show Superman what a human being can do. We don't need to know how Batman lured Superman to the scene of the fight, and we don't need to know what they said to each other during their confrontation. Neither of those matter to the story. What matters is that Lex convinced a human to fight Superman (which was the whole theme of the book) and the human lost.

Oh, and Batman didn't just 'drop' the kryptonite. Superman used his super-breath to blow it out of Batman's hand.

Spike_x1 said:
All of the dialogue between Batman and Superman during that scene happened off panel, I believe. It wasn't important to the story at all, so it was omitted or was never written to begin with.

All that we do need to know is that Lex convinced Batman to try to show Superman what a human being can do. We don't need to know how Batman lured Superman to the scene of the fight, and we don't need to know what they said to each other during their confrontation. Neither of those matter to the story. What matters is that Lex convinced a human to fight Superman (which was the whole theme of the book) and the human lost.

Oh, and Batman didn't just 'drop' the kryptonite. Superman used his super-breath to blow it out of Batman's hand.
Oh yeah that's right I forgot he blew it out.

Still, it didn't make sense, Batman wouldn't fight his friend like that. Batman acted like Lex's wench, it was dumb.

Spike_x1 said:

Still, it didn't make sense, Batman wouldn't fight his friend like that. Batman acted like Lex's wench, it was dumb.

Spike_x1 said:

Spike_x1 said:

Why did u post the same responce 4x for?

All that matters is that Superman beat the s*** out of Batman.

Spike_x1 said:
Indeed. With that enthusiasm, he really scared me off too. :(

Well, you need the enthusiasm, when you defend Batman trying to kill another hero. Again.

Sorry for the megabump but I read this book last week and I have to say, I'm wondering the same thing as the original poster.

The really weird Batman fight in this, what gives?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"