BvS What kind of humor would you like to see in Man of Steel 2/Batman & Superman?

Batman: You still owe me a satellite.

Superman: Might take a while. Reporter's salary.

Batman: Do me a favor and loose the sense of humor.

Superman: Do us both a favor and buy one.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!
I love this back and forth that Supes n Bats have!

MINIMAL humor, only when necessary. Marvel's reliance on humor turns me off on their movies big time.

I liked the amount of humor that TDKT had. The humor in the DCAU's World's Finest and Justice League was nicely done as well.

LOVED the dark humor in Argo and hope Terrio can incorporate some of that kind of humor into this.

I want humor that's funny to the audience but not to the characters. Clever stuff that's not too awkward like the MCU.

Last edited:
I like Marvel's humor just fine, but I don't mind BvS taking itself a bit more seriously. I thought the humor in MOS was fine, and I think the people who claimed the movie was "depressing" and "like watching a Holocaust film" (yes, that's an actual statement I saw on these boards) are so hyperbolic, it's irritating. There was humor there, even if people chose not to see it. It's one thing if people don't find the humor funny, or think the film needed more of it. But to flat out act like humor was completely absent just because the Marvel films overall had more is ridiculous.

Man of Steel's humor was very simple. I don't care for the truck scene or when Superman crashes the satellite. It makes Superman look like a barbaric jerk. I personally love the scene when Perry called up Lois. "Are you watching this crap?!" It was just a random rage grounded in a serious situation.

EDIT: Btw, quotable humor is a must.

Comedic relief from The Flash and maybe some criticism from the Geen Lantern after hearing bats/supes argue.

For the Justice League movie that is.

Man of Steel's humor was very simple. I don't care for the truck scene or when Superman crashes the satellite. It makes Superman look like a barbaric jerk. I personally love the scene when Perry called up Lois. "Are you watching this crap?!" It was just a random rage grounded in a serious situation.

EDIT: Btw, quotable humor is a must.

It was actually Zod that threw the satellite at Superman.

It was actually Zod that threw the satellite at Superman.

I think he was talking about the military drone trying to spy on him that he destroyed in his scene with Swanwick at the end of the movie. Which I don't have a problem with.

No having any humor in teh movie is bad and DC shuold aim high and make a super serious, self-importnt movie for no real reason other than that it worked for the nolan batfilms :o

The Nolan Batman films had the right type of humor for the tone. I don't mind that for this movie.

I still don't understand why so many people had such a problem with the truck scene. The trucker was a crude, misogynistic pig who, if I were to venture a guess, has probably sexually assaulted a woman or two in his time, or come close. People seem to have an issue with Superman destroying that a**hole's property and felt he should have apologized to him. Why? Was it out of character for Superman? Ahem...

300px-Action_Comics_1_zpscc1bb7e2.jpg

I still don't understand why so many people had such a problem with the truck scene. The trucker was a crude, misogynistic pig who, if I were to venture a guess, has probably sexually assaulted a woman or two in his time, or come close. People seem to have an issue with Superman destroying that a**hole's property and felt he should have apologized to him. Why? Was it out of character for Superman? Ahem...

300px-Action_Comics_1_zpscc1bb7e2.jpg

People didn't like the truck scene because if that??? What the ****?? This whole "Superman just destroys everything," complaint has gone too far.

And a scene where Superman looks at Wonder Woman's costume and says, "That's some thick armor you're wearing there. I can still see your nipples though."

(especially when I hover creepily outside your window like I did with Lois in that other Superman film where I looked different and more slender).

Fixed. :cwink:

Routh was kinda like Slender Man with how he was stalking Lois.

LOVED the dark humor in Argo and hope Terrio can incorporate some of that kind of humor into this.

I want humor that's funny to the audience but not to the characters. Clever stuff that's not too awkward like the MCU.

The Nolan Batman films had the right type of humor for the tone. I don't mind that for this movie.

Yeah you guys described what i want pretty much. There were some good comedic moments in the JL animated series, but that show was pretty serious for the most part. The various JL animated appearances in movies and tv can give a pretty good idea of how to approach Justice League tonally in live action. In general, i hope this DC universe takes itself more seriously than the Marvel Universe. Compared to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the threats have to feel more real and the humor should be toned down a lot.

No having any humor in teh movie is bad and DC shuold aim high and make a super serious, self-importnt movie for no real reason other than that it worked for the nolan batfilms :o

yeah.... that's actually exactly what i want. certain characters can be less serious, but no over the top humor like the Marvel Universe. That's the worst part of some of their movies. It works in some movies, but when it doesn't work, it really doesn't work. Sometimes they try too hard to be funny, half of them are as much comedies as they are action movies.

There will be jokes in these movies. But i think that NO JOKES report was onto something. I think the subtler humor and the darker tone will really differentiate DC from Marvel.

I'm guessing Aquaman and Wonder Woman are going to be played pretty straight, as they should be. These have the potential to be badass fantasy epics, instead of a romantic comedy/action series like Thor. I suspect Aquaman and Wonder Woman will be somewhat in the same vein as 300, but with far more fantasy elements.

Shazam's mythology will possibly have ties to Aquaman and Wonder Woman, i suspect everything about that movie will be played fairly seriously outside of Billy Batson. I think Billy will be cracking jokes in a very serious situation. I can see Shazam having the tone of something like the last Harry Potter movies, mixed in with some elements similar to the Mummy franchise for the Black Adam elements.

Sandman is going to be a super original dark fantasy/horror story. Marvel and DC have some similar characters, but Marvel has nothing like the Sandman. This movie, along with generally darker tone and the lack of humor compared to Marvel, will really set DC apart from Marvel.

I think Justice League is going to be a full on apocalyptic epic with destruction on a massive scale. The threat will be so overwhelming that it'd feel out of place for the members of the Justice League to be constantly cracking jokes . I'm speculating, but X-Men: Apocalypse and Justice League may end up having a similar tone. But I don't see BvS or Justice League having a similar tone to The Avengers. I see it being far more serious and darker. The Avengers is in my top 3 movies of all time, but I don't want that tone for the Justice League.

In all of these upcoming DC movies, there will be humor, but I think for the most part, it will just be a lot more subtle than it is in the MCU.

Sandman is going to be a super original dark fantasy/horror story. Marvel and DC have some similar characters, but Marvel has nothing like the Sandman. This movie, along with generally darker tone and the lack of humor compared to Marvel, will really set DC apart from Marvel.

This is definitely true. I think the most humor that will come from the Sandman movie will probably be some dark comedy between Cain and Abel, and some humor from Delirium mostly because she is coo coo.
cherrystones.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"